• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tempted to sell my 16GB Nexus 4 and get me a 32GB Nexus 5. However, I'm waiting to see if the volume issue has been fixed for N5. I've always felt the volume was too low even on max settings. My 4th Gen iPod Touch was louder than my N4. When I hear the issue has been fixed, then I'll hop aboard.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, refreshed a few times and got the 16GB. I almost bit on a 32GB because it was the only one showing up, but I finally refreshed enough for the 16GB lol.

Where are you guys seeing the ship date? Mine just says 3-4 weeks.

Rhindle

So ... white or black?

I wish we had a better idea of what the back texture is like. You can't tell anything from the publicity shots.

Symphonia

Banned
Indeed 0_0
I'm literally a click away from ordering one. I'm trying to come up with a reason not to buy one but, shit, I'll be damned if I can find a valid reason. I mean, I have my iPhone 5 but this, the Nexus, it's just so beautiful.

So goddamn beautiful.

KorrZ

Mine still says "pending" too. Says it will leave the warehouse by Nov.8th, but I'm really hoping it at least ships by Wednesday.

Canada btw.

I'm really tempted to sell my 16GB Nexus 4 and get me a 32GB Nexus 5. However, I'm waiting to see if the volume issue has been fixed for N5. I've always felt the volume was too low even on max settings. My 4th Gen iPod Touch was louder than my N4. When I hear the issue has been fixed, then I'll hop aboard.

You're right, I recently noticed that.

northead

Anyone in Europe getting the "shipped" notification?
My order is still on pending and should leave the warehouse by Nov. 5.

SimleuqiR

PENDING

PENDING

PENDING

PENDING

f0695975.gif

yeah the volume is a problem. I have the franco kernel on my nexus 4 which allows you to boost the volume. Its a nice feature.

Symphonia

Banned
I found out that O2, my current provider, are going to be selling the Nexus 5 on their network. I only got my iPhone 5 back in February but I might call in tomorrow and see if I can use their O2 Refresh plan (upgrade early) and work out a decent tariff for the 32GB white.

With a service like StraightTalk, how does it handle tethering or mobile hotspots on Nexus devices? I don't intend to use it regularly but sometimes if I'm away from wifi but have service it comes in handy.

Knight77

I was undecided but in the end I ordered 16GB one over the 32. in the era of cloud and counting that I will never store movies or games there but maximum music I thought was a good choice. what do you think GAF?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I caved and ordered the 32gb black. Optus wont be carrying it in Australia and I have no desire to change carriers. I'll just be poor for a while.

I was undecided but in the end I ordered 16GB one over the 32. in the era of cloud and counting that I will never store movies or games there but maximum music I thought was a good choice. what do you think GAF?

If you're looking for validation, the 16gb black was the first one to sell out by a significant margin. Clearly, it was popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom