• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyouta

So why is it that Android 4.4 is supposed to be efficient and run well on phones with 512mb ram, but Google won't put it onto the Galaxy Nexus?

I know and can easily flash the stock or a custom build of firmware to my phone, but I thought Nexus devices were supposed to be well supported with updates. I guess they get the updates within 18 months of their launch fast, but then are dropped.

mturco

just saw that being reported. awesome. what time did your order go through? i was 2 minutes after and no shipping yet

I'm not sure it was all a blur haha. I'm pretty sure I had it placed within the first minute or two though.

tylerf

My order was placed 3 minutes after the hour. If that wasn't fast enough to be shipped today I'll be sad.

Archer

Just refreshed and they had stock available. 3-4 weeks. Bought my 16gb.

I loved my BB 9900, but they're absolutely not with the times anymore. Google's always impressed me, and my folks have two Nexus 4s due to my recommendation. Now's my turn.

mturco

Don't fuck with my emotions

should be able to check here for what it's worth

https://wallet.google.com/manage

nexus5_shipping.png

Looks like 1:00:33 PM CST, so 33 seconds after it was up I guess.

This is very tempting... My N4 does get a little hot especially now as I rely on it for GPS since my job is travel heavy. Gets so hot mounted to the dash it shuts down. Also thinking of picking up a second phone for work since they pay me to use mine now.

I could pare down both plans to where I'm getting paid every month for phone service.... The things that make you go hmmmm. The N4 would basically be for work and the N5 be my normal device.

demented

Good phone for larger audience I guess and for the price, but compared to S4 for example I don't think it's worth the upgrade, so I'll just wait for S5 or whatever is to come.

My Chromecast shipped and arrived the next day. I hope it's the same here.

People living near Kentucky (where these will probably ship from) should get theirs tomorrow.

Drakeon

People need to do some case reviews when they get their phones so I can decide on which to get.

I'm having the same problem. I need a case, but no idea what to get. Ideally, I'd like something real sturdy, something similar to an Otterbox.

Cudder

Google has a distribution office on Dundas here in Toronto? I had no idea. Hope that means I get mine super quick!

Haint

PSA: CB Discover cards have 5% Bonus for online purchases this quarter and Google Play is included.

Cudder

Looks like Canadian store just got a bunch more stock. I can get them to come up pretty easily and add to basket if I want. gogogo

freshair

I only had my N4 for 2ish months last year before my ladyfriend slapped my hand while drunk and it fell and broke.

Never replaced it and got a Galaxy SII in the interim.

Replaced that with a Lumia 920 last month.

And now...I want a new toy to play with. ;O

fse

Eh cancelled my white 16gb order, gonna wait on camera reviews and maybe if its not that bad get it in 32gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom