• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Releasing mid-November here in Sweden. About what I expected. Recommended price from LG (16 GB version, don't know if the 32 GB version is even gonna make it here): 4,500 SEK = ~$690. Please, Google, start selling devices on the Play Store here so LG can stop ripping us off...

Check bazula.se, they've got some pretty sweet prices on the N5 compared to the Phone House at the moment. They've also got both 16 and 32gb versions in both colours. Though they are imported, they mention that they'll work with our LTE bands.

hitsugi

Figuring the phone will show up on Monday or Tues.. I'm suddenly wishing I had chose to get these shipped to my work D: I have a feeling I'm going to come home and see that dreaded yellow slip at my doorstep.

Keyouta

So what's so good about the Nexus line when support from Google for the devices is only two years? I for some reason thought the Nexus line gets special benefits, but the only thing good that it seems to get is software updates quicker for a set period of time.

xtop

So what's so good about the Nexus line when support from Google for the devices is only two years? I for some reason thought the Nexus line gets special benefits, but the only thing good that it seems to get is software updates quicker for a set period of time.

galaxy nexus only got dropped because TI is out of the mobile business i thought?

finally got my ups tracking info. wish i could pay a bit more to get it delivered tomorrow. oh well

Price.

hitsugi

galaxy nexus only got dropped because TI is out of the mobile business i thought?

finally got my ups tracking info. wish i could pay a bit more to get it delivered tomorrow. oh well

It would probably have been a lot more for a Saturday delivery through UPS D: now USPS on the other hand....

Mine is getting shipped to work to avoid getting yellow tagged, so it wouldn't do me any good if it arrived tomorrow.

I've rarely received packages on Saturdays from UPS. I don't think it's one of their standard delivery days.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Mine is getting shipped to work to avoid getting yellow tagged, so it wouldn't do me any good if it arrived tomorrow.

I've rarely received packages on Saturdays from UPS. I don't think it's one of their standard delivery days.

It isn't, as far as I know. FedEx delivers on Sat, though.

ArchAngel

I just got my shipping mail (from germany). Yeah! It's coming monday via UPS :D

By6WkdY.jpg

Fellow Already-Shipped Master Race Brothers, keep us posted on when your tracker updates and departs from Kentucky. I'm hoping that's when the estimated delivery date will appear.

I didn't order until 23:15 last night at which point it said will leave the warehouse by the eighth. I can live with that.

Crazy how quickly the initial bunch sold out.

Called Play Store - my Nexus 5 is indeed in transit; they are just having massive issues with emails at the moment.

Did the math earlier today, based on current F/X we are getting hosed in the UK, though - paying an extra $50 (12.5%) - but I understand that's in line with the usual European/UK markup over USA.

EDIT: Just found out that my Nexus 5 is in a depot in London - they deliver on Saturdays... who knows, maybe I will get lucky.

Spinluck

Well it has better specs than the GS4 in almost every area and the GS4 is a generation ahead of the S3 in terms of all that. It's better designed, it's a lot faster, the screen is better, and so on. And besides anything running touchwiz is automaticlaly outclassed by a new phone running stock :p

I'm so fucking done with Touchwiz, one of my main reasons for wanting to upgrade.

BigFwoosh

No shipping confirmation for me yet. Ordered a 32GB black at 2:03PM EST, then switched to a 32GB white at 2:33PM. Guess I shouldn't have switched =(

SimleuqiR

No shipping confirmation for me yet. Ordered a 32GB black at 2:03PM EST, then switched to a 32GB white at 2:33PM. Guess I shouldn't have switched =(

By the time you place that second order, half the internet geeks were alerted to the availability of the phone. God knows how many more people are ahead of you.

jimbor

Banned
Crazy how quickly the initial bunch sold out.

Called Play Store - my Nexus 5 is indeed in transit; they are just having massive issues with emails at the moment.

Did the math earlier today, based on current F/X we are getting hosed in the UK, though - paying an extra $50 (12.5%) - but I understand that's in line with the usual European/UK markup over USA.

EDIT: Just found out that my Nexus 5 is in a depot in London - they deliver on Saturdays... who knows, maybe I will get lucky.
Our price includes VAT the US price doesn't include sales tax which varies by State so the difference is marginal.

hitsugi

"Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 11/04/2013, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/05/2013, By End of Day"

GG UPS. Get that early delivery

I probably didn't need to upgrade to two-day shipping since the package is so close to me; I probably would have gotten it Monday even with standard shipping.

Oh well. It was only like four bucks more.

I probably didn't need to upgrade to two-day shipping since the package is so close to me; I probably would have gotten it Monday even with standard shipping.

Oh well. It was only like four bucks more.

Yeah, probably will come within two days for me too if I chose ground but I didn't know where it would ship from and rather be safe knowing it'll definitely come by then.

tylerf

If only they could have launched this thing on Wednesday so we could get true 2 day shipping and not "pretend the weekend doesn't exist" 2 days.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Check bazula.se, they've got some pretty sweet prices on the N5 compared to the Phone House at the moment. They've also got both 16 and 32gb versions in both colours. Though they are imported, they mention that they'll work with our LTE bands.

Yeah, I checked there earlier, and it looks like you'd save about 500 SEK (4000 SEK for 16 GB and 4500 SEK for 32 GB, instead of 4500 SEK for 16 GB). Still pretty damn expensive compared to what this phone "should" cost, but it's better than nothing. I also really want the white version, so yeah.

I got a Gazelle quote for my N4 about 2 weeks ago for like $143, which is do on 11/11. Enough time for me to send it back.

I wager the N5 was going to be release at the end of October.

Right now for a N4 in good condition they are quoting about $120. I checked yesterday. Not bad I don't think.

Very tempting as I consider revamping my cell plan and switching to StraightTalk or something......

Is Gazelle reputable? I've never heard of it before.

I was going to keep my Nexus 4 as a backup, but if I can get $120 for it, I'd be tempted to sell it.

hitsugi

I was going to keep my Nexus 4 as a backup, but if I can get $120 for it, I'd be tempted to sell it.

They are. Although I plan on playing the ebay game with my N4s since I see some hitting absurd (250+) prices for whatever reason

Yeah they're legit. Just put in the device and condition, they mail you out a prepaid box and you pack and ship it. They're pretty quick about either issuing a check or depositing to PayPal.

Edit: Or I guess they have added some other payment options too.

SimleuqiR

Very reputable. They are a major sponsor for the TWIT network. You can also get an additional 5% on your device if you opt to get paid in Amazon credit (which I did).

I sold my dear old Galaxy Nexus for close to $70.00.

They are. Although I plan on playing the ebay game with my N4s since I see some hitting absurd (250+) prices for whatever reason

eBay and Craigslist can get you more money. But I find that Gazelle is a no hassle way of getting some money out of old hardware. On eBay there's always a possibility of getting screwed.

Cool, I'll go ahead and get an offer.

My N4 just has a few scratches on the back and a slightly dented corner, but nothing affecting performance in any way. I'd definitely classify it as good condition.

And yeah, I've had quite a handful of bad experiences on eBay, so I'm not touching it. I haven't bought or sold anything through eBay in years.

hitsugi

eBay and Craigslist can get you more money. But I find that Gazelle is a no hassle way of getting some money out of old hardware. On eBay there's always a possibility of getting screwed.

It's true.. eBay can be a frightening place; especially if you're selling an iPhone.. I went through hell selling my iPhone 5 back when the N4 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom