• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

northead

Italy here. Mine is still pending but local sources claim that Google is starting to ship here too with devices coming on Monday.
I'm getting overly excited.

this_guy

I got a Gazelle quote for my N4 about 2 weeks ago for like $143, which is do on 11/11. Enough time for me to send it back.

I wager the N5 was going to be release at the end of October.

Check out buybackworld.com too. I've been getting better quotes from them lately over Gazelle. I've used both sites before and haven't had any issues.

No Love

Banned
So I ordered a white 32gb... says it leaves warehouse 11/22. Is this accurate? I don't wanna wait 3 weeks for a phone.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh god I need to setup my phone number and transfers and ahhhhh
9G97QWa.png

FEPBg0z.gif

Ooof, my wallet. Galaxy Nexus has been treating me fine, but I'm a weak man. Ordered a 32GB black which according to the order status says it will ship in 3 to 4 weeks.

Mine shipped, but I rushed through too fast in the ordering process. Ground shipping :(

At least I have something to look forward to next Wednesday.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Sample Nexus 5 1080p video recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gckr9WLgv_k

Things of note:

- Sound is really crisp for using the built in mic
- Colours aren't bland or washed out
- Picture quality stayed pretty good when using the digital zoom, and the OIS kept it from being a shaky mess.

Now ship my damn phone Google Canada....

hitsugi

Things of note:

- Picture quality stayed pretty good when using the digital zoom, and the OIS kept it from being a shaky mess.

Again what we see here is a huge step above what the N4's camera was putting out. I can't wait to get this in my hands.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Things of note:

That... Looks like ass. It might be good for a phone but it is still shit.

Sky Chief

So what's so good about the Nexus line when support from Google for the devices is only two years? I for some reason thought the Nexus line gets special benefits, but the only thing good that it seems to get is software updates quicker for a set period of time.

The price is so good it is affordable to upgrade every year. That is what I am doing from now on.

That... Looks like ass. It might be good for a phone but it is still shit.

That looks like ass? The fuck? Did it jitter when she took a photo for anyone else? That's sort of stupid if it fucks up the video, sort of defeats the purpose of being able to take a picture while recording if it does that.

UrgentPS

Neo Member
Got it this afternoon. Still can't believe it; ordered it yesterday around 8pm. Coming from a HTC Desire X, the Nexus 5 feels soooo good. Really loving it!

SimleuqiR

Things of note:

WTF? Where is the signature iPhone aspect ratio (recording on a phone in portrait mode)?

On a serious note, there seems to be some sort of stabilization going, make the video look weird. This is also causing some focusing problems? These are very subtle.

WTF? Where is the signature iPhone aspect ratio (recording on a phone in portrait mode)?

On a serious note, there seems to be some sort of stabilization going, make the video look weird. This is also causing some focusing problems? These are very subtle.
Probably has to do with the OIS drivers not working optimally, hopefully not a hardware issue.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Mine shipped early this morning. Went with ground and it hasn't updated yet.

Think I'm going to go with the Spigen neohybrid case, just deciding between silver or black. Looks like their tempered glass screen protectors are pretty good too? I don't like screen protectors because they feel like crap, but I've never tried one like those.

Pangya

Mine shipped early this morning. Went with ground and it hasn't updated yet.

Think I'm going to go with the Spigen neohybrid case, just deciding between silver or black. Looks like their tempered glass screen protectors are pretty good too? I don't like screen protectors because they feel like crap, but I've never tried one like those.

I bought a Spigen glass screen protector also. I have a different brand glass screen protector on my Galaxy S3, and the feel of glass versus plastic makes the cost worth it to me. I actually broke my first glass screen protector on my S3 because I dropped it onto the corner of my printer from about 4 feet. It cracked the glass protector pretty bad, but the screen was untouched. Now I'm not sure what would have happened to the screen if I had just a regular screen protector on it, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

solarus

got it a few hours ago

exactly what I expected, couldnt imagine a better phone for me
:O impressions please! Do you notice the lower memory usage in 4.4 and how much snappier does it feel than 4.3? Any new tweaks/features you've noticed that you really like?

Symphonia

Banned
So this applies mainly to UK-GAF but I suppose it could extent to America/Europe, depending on price. I'm selling my perfect-condition iPhone 5 (white, 16GB) to cover the cost of a 32GB Nexus 5. I'm selling it for £275 or nearest offer. Again, it's in perfect condition - no scratches, bumps or anything - and it comes with a protective case/wallet. Inbox me if you're interested.

Moff

:O impressions please! Do you notice the lower memory usage in 4.4 and how much snappier does it feel than 4.3? Any new tweaks/features you've noticed that you really like?

I am not too much of a phone expert sadly, I upgraded from SGS2 so its quite a leap. but honestly I dont see that much of a difference yet to my GF's nexus 4. I actually prefer the look of the N4, especially the back. I'll definitely try the camera bit tomorrow (its already night where I live)

Burt

Need moar battery life impressions. Looking to upgrade my busted Galaxy Nexus, but I can't handle another phone that has me worried if its going to even last through the day.

Groof

Yeah, I checked there earlier, and it looks like you'd save about 500 SEK (4000 SEK for 16 GB and 4500 SEK for 32 GB, instead of 4500 SEK for 16 GB). Still pretty damn expensive compared to what this phone "should" cost, but it's better than nothing. I also really want the white version, so yeah.

I get ya mate, that's what we get from the svenska överpriser. The N4 was around the same price when it first got released here as well, so they're in line. At this point it seems like Bazula will be our best bet, unless someone else tries to compete hard. Seems like we will only get one version officially though, same as with the new N7.

KanyeEast

Banned
Quick question for the guys who own it: Can you use earphones with mic that work on iphones? Do the volume buttons work too?

The reason i asked this was because i owned a galaxy s3 for 2 months and went back to iphone for this reason.

Anyone that ordered 19 minutes or more after it came out have theirs ship yet? Mine was at 1:19.

I ordered 11:21 PST and got my shipping notification last night at 9:52PM. A friend ordered literally a minute after me and he still hasn't received his e-mail. We both ordered Black/32. I went with the 2 day shipping option (since it was only a few bucks more) and he didn't. Not sure if that's what made the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom