• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 2013 |OT| No SD card edition

rc213

Let the flood of Accessories begin please!

Going to need a Screen Protector, Book Case of some kind and a Slimport Adapter.

Dude a "friend" er you ripped him off.bad.

The tablet was being sold on ebay alone for 150.

I paid 15 dollars for one case and 25 for the other.

How did I rip them off?

Edit: I also saw someone selling their 32 gig on the Buy Sell Trade thread here on GAF yesterday for 150 bones. Am I missing something?

Hattori

Banned
You mean the apps in the task list? Just swipe them away

EDIT: misunderstood I think haha

On the homescreen? I don't think the stock launcher supports that yet.

Ah I see, thanks for the help guys!
---------
I'm really loving it so far, I've only played around for a bit and I can tell that this is a very worthy purchase. The touchscreen sensitivity is definitely on par with with my iOS experience, but I've only ever played around with my friend's galaxy tab 7 so that could be a moot point. The screen is magnificent, it's probably better than my iPhone 4's screen. The speed is definitely iOS like, I haven't seen any lag whatsoever. Very happy with it so far!

GutsOfThor

Definitely upgrading to one of these but before I do what steps do I need to take before I sell my old N7? I know to do the factory reset but is there anything else I have to worry about?

Definitely upgrading to one of these but before I do what steps do I need to take before I sell my old N7? I know to do the factory reset but is there anything else I have to worry about?

Just check the internal memory for any private data or delete it all. Just hook it up to PC and in Windows explorer just select everything > delete then factory reset.

Schrade

I bought a 16 GB and a 32 GB one. One for a friend's birthday and one for me.

This will be my first tablet/mobile device other than a PSP heh. Time to bury myself into the rooting and custom firmware world of Android devices :-D

Vyer

Hmmm....I might have to take back what I said about the sound. I'm getting like a constant hum/low feedback from the speakers.

Vyer

I watched some youtube and netflix earlier and haven't experienced this so far.

Yeah, I'm about to go back to Best Buy. I doubt this is 'normal'.

I can notice it even with the regular system sounds - clicks of the keyboard or menu. There is buzz and feedback until the speaker shuts back off I guess.

blah

Yeah, I'm about to go back to Best Buy. I doubt this is 'normal'.

I can notice it even with the regular system sounds - clicks of the keyboard or menu. There is buzz and feedback until the speaker shuts back off I guess.

blah

Yeah that definitely doesn't sound right. Return that

Threi

notag
so nothing new about Canada yet?
Iirc staples has it slated for July 30th

Personally im on the fence on this one. It looks like a reasonable upgrade, but on the other hand my OG n7 runs smooth as butter (because i actually run lagfix every once in a while). Upgrading to 4.3 has made the device even snappier.

I'll probably just wait on a sale here in canada.

So the VLC in the Play store is the "stable" version versus the nightly? Is VLC the best video player on Android?

What is the best PDF and comic viewer (like Comicglass)?

This is my second Android device (had a HP Touchpad with Icecream on it). I need to make folders to arrange my apps.

I'm encrypting my hard drive because I thought it was a good idea. Now, I can't use it.

etrain911

I'm either going to get the $270 32 GB tablet or a cheap laptop at the same price since I'm going into college and I'll need something to take notes on during classes (I'm bringing along a desktop for everything else). Will 7 inches be enough to comfortably take and read notes on?

So the VLC in the Play store is the "stable" version versus the nightly? Is VLC the best video player on Android?

What is the best PDF and comic viewer (like Comicglass)?

This is my second Android device (had a HP Touchpad with Icecream on it). I need to make folders to arrange my apps.

I'm encrypting my hard drive because I thought it was a good idea. Now, I can't use it.

There is no VLC in the play store unless you are in Europe which since you own a 2nd gen n7 I'm guessing you are not.
Here is a link to VLC proper:
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/armv7-android/

PDF reader - acroread by adobe. Comic no idea there. To create a folder just drag an icon onto another one.

x3r0123

Iirc staples has it slated for July 30th

Personally im on the fence on this one. It looks like a reasonable upgrade, but on the other hand my OG n7 runs smooth as butter (because i actually run lagfix every once in a while). Upgrading to 4.3 has made the device even snappier.

I'll probably just wait on a sale here in canada.

That was the only thing that came with a date when I searched in google. I'm planning to get one before I go for my vacation

I'm either going to get the $270 32 GB tablet or a cheap laptop at the same price since I'm going into college and I'll need something to take notes on during classes (I'm bringing along a desktop for everything else). Will 7 inches be enough to comfortably take and read notes on?

I think so. If anything use it for a bit and if it doesn't suit your needs return it.

There is no VLC in the play store unless you are in Europe which since you own a 2nd gen n7 I'm guessing you are not.
Here is a link to VLC proper:
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/armv7-android/

PDF reader - acroread by adobe. Comic no idea there. To create a folder just drag an icon onto another one.

Thanks for the response.

The nightlies seem to be in the Play store.

And do you mean Adobe Acrobat?

I'll take a look at the comic book apps that pop up. And folders are the same as iOS (or vice versa).

Thanks for the response.

The nightlies seem to be in the Play store.

And do you mean Adobe Acrobat?

I'll take a look at the comic book apps that pop up. And folders are the same as iOS (or vice versa).

Where?? I don't see anything. Yes adobe acrobat reader. Folders are pretty much the same except it automatically doesn't assign a name to it. Just click that area and put a name in (if you want)

Getting it from Amazon meant I had a few extra bucks that I could use for something else. I picked up Valkyria Chronicles. :D

I could have grabbed one at the Best Buy here by my job on my lunch, but I can't really do anything with it right this second anyway. I can wait till Wed.

Now I just need to decide what to get for lunch.

Posting from mine. I like it a lot even tho I'm an iPhone user and primarily use Macs. Although what the hell is up with the weird font in the gaf reply box?

Vyer

....and they are sold out. I'll have to go to the next closest in the morning.

I'm noticing a trend of ASUS/Nexus device launches pissing me off.

Hattori

Banned
....and they are sold out. I'll have to go to the next closest in the morning.

I'm noticing a trend of ASUS/Nexus device launches pissing me off.

I saw a bunch at my GameStop, it seems not a lot of people know they are selling the new Nexus 7. You should try it, if everywhere else is sold out.

SimleuqiR

Got mine from Best Buy today...

BBR: How can I help you sir?
Me: I'm here to buy the new nexus 7
BBR : YEAH we just got them this morning 16 and 64
Me: you mean 32 gigs?
BBR: yeah, we got all three 16,32,64.
Me: >_> let just get the 32 gig model

Anyway, love this thing!
The screen is insane!

Top Bottom