• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
but quick settings are still there if you pull down from the right side or am I misunderstanding you?

If you pull from the left, notifications. Pull from right, quick settings.

Now I have to remember to always pull from the left. Might be different on smartphones.

Vyer

Sweet I got the update ota. Last time it took four or five days.

Keyboard works ok so far. Definitely better suited to thumb typing on a smaller screen though.

Agent X

I'm still not seeing any sign of the Android 4.2 update being available for my Nexus 7, even if I go to Settings and manually check for an update.

ektoll

! I just wish they allowed us to connect an external HD so that I could have access to more media stuff but I realize you can't have it all!

Well, with an OTG cable, it's possible, isn't it?

Can someone explain how to stream with Google play music?

I've installed it on my laptop and Nexus 7 and uploaded a few albums to my Google music account on my laptop.

Then on my nexus 7 (which has no music installed what so ever) i open up google music and click on 'All music' and see nothing?

I thought it was supposed to show the music i uploaded and let me stream it?

Am i doing this wrong?

I've installed it on my laptop and Nexus 7 and uploaded a few albums to my Google music account on my laptop.

Then on my nexus 7 (which has no music installed what so ever) i open up google music and click on 'All music' and see nothing?

Am i doing this wrong?

It should show up. Are you sure you don't have the "show only music on this device" on?

I got the prompt for the update, but I'm not sure if I want to install it yet. I have my 4.1.2 Nexus 7 unlocked and rooted, and I changed the DPI setting to get the Tablet UI. Not sure I want to lose them just yet. Can I get the tablet UI back with 4.2?

Am i doing this wrong?

Make sure you sync your Gmail account (on your Nexus 7), if you have syncing turned off or only sat to run a few times a day it won't refresh any content.

Cigol

Man has gone from buttery smooth to noticeably janky, hopefully just some kinks that need airing out but otherwise impressed with the swipe keyboard, which is pretty awesome coming from native, and the multi user support.

Alright so I bit the bullet and went up to 4.2 and rooted. I'm not happy with the new UI at all, even after switching the DPI to 160. It looks like the phone UI. Pretty disappointing :(

Husker86

Am i doing this wrong?

It takes a while after the first sync in my experience. Is some of your music still uploading? Is it in your Play Music web app when you check on a PC?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can I get a step by step how this is done? I've tried out before bit could never figure it out. I have a Google voice number but I want to text using my cell phone number.

What did you want to text with, the Nexus 7 or your phone? Is your phone a dumbphone or smartphone?

Bollocks

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new design either.
First off, the new look screen is atrocious and the way it prompts itself every time I turn the device on. Also the current time looks bad with its 2 font sizes, wtf.
Is it me or have they slightly increased the overall font size for labels, like in Gmail? Which in turn looks bad.
Also why would they make the homescreen icons smaller in the bottom row if the overall height of that bar stayed the same? Makes no sense.

Keep it simple and elegant like I used to Google.

What did you want to text with, the Nexus 7 or your phone? Is your phone a dumbphone or smartphone?
Dumb phone. I already text on my nexus using AOL what I was wondering is if there was a way to use my dumb phone number to receive and send texts through my nexus 7?

Cheebo

Banned
err umm does 4.2 support muh illegal flash apks ?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.27)

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.27/install_flash_player_ics.apk

someone with 4.2 download and install and test please

repping 2 1 3

Yes it does, it works with Jelly Bean which 4.2 still is. This isn't a full new Android verision. Adobe says Key Lime Pie is when the Flash APK will no longer function.

Emily Chu

Banned
Yes it does, it works with Jelly Bean which 4.2 still is. This isn't a full new Android verision. Adobe says Key Lime Pie is when the Flash APK will no longer function.

aKP3k.jpg

I guess it's JBean 4ever then... until the end of time

maybe I can someday install windows 9 pro and have a neat full fledge 7" PC that or ubuntu

It takes a while after the first sync in my experience. Is some of your music still uploading? Is it in your Play Music web app when you check on a PC?

Right then I've uploaded 5 albums to my music account on my laptop and when I use my nexus to log into Google music via the url it syncs my music and let's me stream my music on my nexus.

But when I got into the Google music app and click on all music nothing is found. Does this only work if I log online using the Web and not the app?

vdlow

What have you done with my speakers, Google? They are sounding so much better after 4.2. Almost like a new speakers.

Right then I've uploaded 5 albums to my music account on my laptop and when I use my nexus to log into Google music via the url it syncs my music and let's me stream my music on my nexus.

But when I got into the Google music app and click on all music nothing is found. Does this only work if I log online using the Web and not the app?

Check the settings in Google Music and make sure your account is connected.

Jeff-DSA

Well, after playing with my wife's Nexus 7, my dad decided that he wanted one. He's always been anti-tablet in that "what good are they?" sort of way. So he when he said he wanted one, we knew he was really impressed. My bro and I just pitched in and ordered him a 32GB for Christmas.

Now we're hoping he doesn't just go out and buy one first.

Top Bottom