• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

My girlfriend ordered me a Portenzo case for my birthday. Best girlfriend ever and can't wait to get my hands on the case.

I've been using my moga controller with my Nexus 7. Emulators are so much fun with a controller.

The Portenzo case is very nice. And I have the basic model without the intelligent stand.

My girlfriend ordered me a Portenzo case for my birthday. Best girlfriend ever and can't wait to get my hands on the case.

I've been using my moga controller with my Nexus 7. Emulators are so much fun with a controller.

i was debating between that one and the treeglo myself. still haven't decided.

The Portenzo case is very nice. And I have the basic model without the intelligent stand.
She got the intellistand and the hidden magnets/elastic strap. I cringed at the price of everything. I feel it is was way too much to spend on me, but I'm certainly grateful and happy.

i was debating between that one and the treeglo myself. still haven't decided.
I'd go with Portenzo. I read some bad things about Treeglo and how they do business. Not sure if they were completely true, but it's just something to think about. Someone in this thread posted a picture of their Portenzo a few weeks back and they were very happy with it. It might have been FunnyBunny, actually. Can't remember. I haven't seen anything negative about Portenzo, though.

JCX

So any feedback on a Nexus 10? Dad is offering to buy us one for Xmas.

I've had a 10 for weeks and love it. I originally had the original Asus Transformer, so it was a big leap. Front-facing speakers should be standard in tablets now.

Got my brother a 7 for Christmas. I'm interested to see how they compare.

So any feedback on a Nexus 10? Dad is offering to buy us one for Xmas.

i have one. i enjoy it. it's light and the display is as amazing as everyone is saying...

also, i like to turn it vertical for web browsing. i dunno i find that kicks ass for web browsing. super tall tablet. with it's 16x10 (i think?) form factor

i also have a 7 too, and while i like the 7 for gaming if i'm using touch controls, the 10 is great if you're using a ps3 controller or other bluetooth controller. because of the big screen.

if you are mainly going to be reading books and light gaming/web browsing go with the 7.

if you are reading magazines and watching movies more than reading books go with the 10

inner-G

Banned
Just picked one up last night, thoroughly impressed!

FF3 runs like a dream, grabbed NFS:MW too since it's .99

Edit: what's the best SNES program to get if I want to use a PS3 controller?

Just got a Nexus 7 and can't copy anything to it.

Fresh out of the box, played around with it a bit, installed Facebook and a couple other apps, and connected it to my comp. Nothing. Then realized I need some app since I have a Mac. Detected the tablet fine. Tried to drag and drop music folders onto the Nexus like it said I should, and I either got some bullshit "restart your device" (something like that) or "make sure your device isn't locked, remove it and connect again blah blah blah".

Tried turning it off, restarting, etc. at least 5 times. Still can't copy files.
Tried going on my Windows partition, still encountered the same problem.

I'm really starting to lose my patience, the thing is fresh out of the box for god's sake.
Any ideas? Please tell me I'm just making some stupid mistake.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Just got a Nexus 7 and can't copy anything to it.

Fresh out of the box, played around with it a bit, installed Facebook and a couple other apps, and connected it to my comp. Nothing. Then realized I need some app since I have a Mac. Detected the tablet fine. Tried to drag and drop music folders onto the Nexus like it said I should, and I either got some bullshit "restart your device" (something like that) or "make sure your device isn't locked, remove it and connect again blah blah blah".

Tried turning it off, restarting, etc. at least 5 times. Still can't copy files.
Tried going on my Windows partition, still encountered the same problem.

I'm really starting to lose my patience, the thing is fresh out of the box for god's sake.
Any ideas? Please tell me I'm just making some stupid mistake.

You have a mac?

mj1108

Me and my girlfriend are now part of the Nexus 7 family. We each received a 32gig Nexus 7 for Christmas and so far we are both loving 'em!

I will eventually root it, but am in no hurry to at this point....

Cipherr

Usually I'd laugh but I'm seriously going nuts over here

Go grab Airdroid, transfer your files over your wifi (through a browser window) until you can figure out what the problem is. I have no clue about what could be wrong, got no Macs in our house.

Edit: Assuming Airdroid is mac compatible, lol.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I am also apart of the Nexus 7 Christmas crowd.

I am currently on 4.1.2, is it worth installing the 4.2.1 update. I keep hearing about people having issues, is this really wide spread or just the vocal minority.

Cipherr

I am also apart of the Nexus 7 Christmas crowd.

I am currently on 4.1.2, is it worth installing the 4.2.1 update. I keep hearing about people having issues, is this really wide spread or just the vocal minority.

Bunch of subjective changes and a few bugs. Stay on 4.1 if you are happy with it until they iron out the issues on 4.2

gcubed

After having and bailing on the first android tablet I must say they've come a LONG way. They are still far behind apple but as opposed to before they actually seem to have momentum. I love the size.

Gong

+1 for the Nexus 7 crowd today (32GB flavour), currently charging after spending all day on the damn thing, it's so impressive. Downside was each and every person coming through the door had the same idea! I love handing it to people who are usually utterly terrified of technology and they're off and running with a couple of swipes.

Will whip out the OTG cable and get transferring some music and video across and I'll be set.

Woohoo for getting a new Nexus today! My mom got a nice new Ipad with the retina display but for me, the Nexus is great.

Just noticed that Amazon's app store has World of Goo for free today if anyone wants a fun game for their new Nexus.

my sister got a Nexus 7... i've used one in store displays and it was cool, but in person it's just so ... small ... of course, i have a Galaxy Note II so that may be skewing my perspective.

Ashhong

My niece got an iPod Touch today and I convinced her parents to switch it out for a Nexus 7 since it'll mainly be used for games and such. Is there anywhere that still sells the 8gb? There's no impending refresh coming out for the Nexus right?

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
My niece got an iPod Touch today and I convinced her parents to switch it out for a Nexus 7 since it'll mainly be used for games and such. Is there anywhere that still sells the 8gb? There's no impending refresh coming out for the Nexus right?

The 8GB has been superseded by the 16GB. You can find them, but not at retail.

wouldn't 16gb be good enough if she's into games.

RS4-

I don't remember much of 4.2.1 as I installed CM10 a few minutes later. Kind of sucks that CM10 doesn't have multi user option just yet as I don't want to rely on an app from the marketplace to do something that is already in 4.2

Will wait for 10.1 or whatever new version of Cyanogen.

Top Bottom