• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Salaadin

I hope Seidio makes some cases for the Nexus 7. I use them on my phones and their tablet ones with built in stands look pretty nice.

Owzers

Was just about to place my order at staples and it went out of stock in my cart :p That's what i get for debating buying it, but i couldn't decide on waiting for kindle 2 fire announcement/wanting 8GB vs 16GB.

BFIB

Was just about to place my order at staples and it went out of stock in my cart :p That's what i get for debating buying it, but i couldn't decide on waiting for kindle 2 fire announcement/wanting 8GB vs 16GB.

Try Gamestops, most will be receiving their shipments tomorrow, with a sale date showing the 12th.

Hieberrr

I still haven't gotten charged yet and the Canadian Google office (where I presume will be where it ships from) is 20 minutes away from my house. I also ordered on July 3rd... I better get my tablet or else.. I'm gonna be a sad panda.

De1NH.png

Salaadin

Im hoping that the disappearance of my pending charge doesnt mean that I didnt preorder in time and will have to wait for a second shipment.

So far I've read that Staples is shipping July 12th, gamestop is allowing some pick ups july 12, and google isn't letting people cancel because the wheels are already in motion for the first wave. First wave being those who ordered before july 1st.

I hope it's accurate, can't wait any longer. And if it ships Thursday it best come friday or the wait till monday will be brutal.

Owzers

Try Gamestops, most will be receiving their shipments tomorrow, with a sale date showing the 12th.

maybe...my target was staples or best buy for their return policy, i don't have confidence in gamestop letting me return something if i don't like it/has a dead pixel/other defects.

Hieberrr

So far I've read that Staples is shipping Julty 12th, gamestop is allowing some pick ups july 12, and google isn't letting people cancel because the wheels are already in motion for the first wave. First wave being those who ordered before july 1st.

I hope it's accurate, can't wait any longer. And if it ships Thursday it best come friday or the wait till monday will be brutal.

First wave is before July 1st? Those are some small as waves :|

Husker86

I still haven't gotten charged yet and the Canadian Google office (where I presume will be where it ships from) is 20 minutes away from my house. I also ordered on July 3rd... I better get my tablet or else.. I'm gonna be a sad panda.

http://i.imgur.com/De1NH.png[/IM][/QUOTE]
I doubt they'd ship from their office...not that that is any comfort though.

Izick

So something else is wrong with my car....not sure yet how much it's going to cost or what it even is. Not going to be able to get one of these until at least August...fucking awesome.

Salaadin

First wave is before July 1st? Those are some small as waves :|

Seriously :(
I might end up cancelling and scouring Gamestop in the next day or two if this is the case.

I cant even find a way to cancel the order, though. Will I have to call google to do this?

BFIB

My guess is Google has already sent shipments to local FedEx/UPS warehouses. So odds are, if they ship tomorrow, they will be received on the 12th.

galdevo

Just called my local gamestop and they said that the date used to be the 12th but they just changed it for them, doesn't know when it's gonna be now. I'm leaving the country on the 22nd and I don't know if its worth risking a pre order that I can't pick up in time.

Eusis

Just called my local gamestop and they said that the date used to be the 12th but they just changed it for them, doesn't know when it's gonna be now. I'm leaving the country on the 22nd and I don't know if its worth risking a pre order that I can't pick up in time.
Well, your credit will stay, but I suppose from the angle of risking missing out rather than risking money it's a bigger problem.

Izick

I don't know, I think I may just hold off on buying a tablet all together for now, at least until I know what the mini-iPad is like.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know, I think I may just hold off on buying a tablet all together for now, at least until I know what the mini-iPad is like.

I'm going to shame you into getting a Nexus 7 eventually anyways, might as well just bite the bullet now. ;)

Izick

I'm going to shame you into getting a Nexus 7 eventually anyways, might as well just bite the bullet now. ;)

I can't spend the money right now though, or I would have already pre-ordered it. :( My car has something else wrong with it, and if my luck continues, it'll be something super-pricey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't spend the money right now though, or I would have already pre-ordered it. :( My car has something else wrong with it, and if my luck continues, it'll be something super-pricey.

OK, well as long as you don't end up getting anything else we're cool.

BFIB

I have a Kindle Fire with your name written all over it.

Its almost the same, right!?

I ordered on July 3rd and am seeing weirdness from google..

They put a holding charge on my account when I ordered.. it was removed a few days ago. Today when I checked my account, I had a credit for $281 and 2 "pending" google things on my account..

Cheebo

Banned
OK, well as long as you don't end up getting anything else we're cool.

Kindle Fire 2, Nexus 7, and iPad Mini are all likely to be pretty solid 7' inch tablets and excel in different ways. He is pretty good wherever he goes. This is the year everyone has got the mini-tablet scene all sorted out. Best time to jump in for that form factor.

Cheebo

Banned
Are you getting a N7, Cheebo or any other 7" tablet this year?

I have a iPad 3 so I am getting a Nexus 7 to supplement that, to have both OS's. If I didn't have a iPad 3 already I would wait for the Mini iPad and Kindle Fire 2 and stack all 3 up against each other this fall.

Izick

I have a iPad 3 so I am getting a Nexus 7 to supplement that, to have both OS's. If I didn't have a iPad 3 already I would wait for the Mini iPad and Kindle Fire 2 and stack all 3 up against each other this fall.

Part of me also just wants to save up and buy the newest iPad (regular size) available.

Salaadin

Just called both of my Gamestops. First one didnt have a release date. Second one said "mid July" but that they already sold out of the first shipment and that the next shipment is estimated for mid August.

Why didnt I preorder sooner? :(

Emily Chu

Banned
I'm so confused!...and broke.

just put down 50$ for my local gamestop in brooklyn

they say they can't sell it even if it's in stock

IT HASN'T BEEN STREET DATED YET!!

July 12th my ass we're looking @ first week of August here

get your shit together googles and gamestop...

So glad for once I held off an impulse buy and didn't get the kindle fire when I had the cash. I was waiting for this based solely off rumors from I read on NeoGAF. Glad to see it was legit and is getting fantastic reviews. The price point is perfect. I want a tablet but the iPad is just too expensive for what I want it for. This will supplement my pc perfect and give me access to chat programs, emails and the web on the go.

FinalSeven

Neo Member
So glad for once I held off an impulse buy and didn't get the kindle fire when I had the cash. I was waiting for this based solely off rumors from I read on NeoGAF. Glad to see it was legit and is getting fantastic reviews. The price point is perfect. I want a tablet but the iPad is just too expensive for what I want it for. This will supplement my pc perfect and give me access to chat programs, emails and the web on the go.

My thoughts exactly. I passed on the Kindle Fire too even though it was a tablet at $200. I'm glad I did because this looks so much better. Once I have some money to spend, I'm definitely getting this or the iPad mini.

derder

So something else is wrong with my car....not sure yet how much it's going to cost or what it even is. Not going to be able to get one of these until at least August...fucking awesome.

I know that feel bro :(

I just bought a Subaru, so hopefully that doesn't happen every 3 months :)

Top Bottom