• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Hieberrr

Ordered on July 3rd and my status is still the same (Not yet shipped and no charge on my CC either).

I guess it's going out next week.

Cartman86

Banned
Hopefully this should be sufficient:

yMW5o.jpg

My assault on the bandwidth on anyone opening this thread is now over! :-D

Were you able to read this without zooming in? I'm fine with having to move me face closer to the tablet. Putting your picture in a quote puts it at about the size of the tablet, but I don't understand DPI on monitors and what happens when you scale images and if that's actually a legit way of comparing.

adroit

Google Play Store hasn't charged me yet. This is awesome. <3 u google, u da best.
When you click on the following link, is the date of the transaction in the "My Orders" list (don't click "info") still the date you ordered it? Because mine was updated to today's date after they charged my card today. If yours has been updated to today's date too, that's a good sign. Maybe the charge is just slow to appear on your credit card activity.

https://play.google.com/store/account

I ordered on the 27th, my card was charged today, but I have not yet received an e-mail confirmation.

Were you able to read this without zooming in? I'm fine with having to move me face closer to the tablet. Putting your picture in a quote puts it at about the size of the tablet, but I don't understand DPI on monitors and what happens when you scale images and if that's actually a legit way of comparing.

Yeah, it's fine to read.

Cartman86

Banned
Can you use Gmail in landscape mode?

Yeah i'm curious how many apps actually use the traditional tablet views (two panes etc.) in landscape. I've heard some don't. Unless you're asking if Gmail goes into landscape then the answer is yes. Everything goes into landscape that allows for it on the phone etc. So some games (Wheres My Water?) won't, but almost all apps do. Just like Android phones however the homescreen won't rotate unless you force it with an app.

When you click on the following link, is the date of the transaction in the "My Orders" list (don't click "info") still the date you ordered it? Because mine was updated to today's date after they charged my card today. If yours has been updated to today's date too, that's a good sign. Maybe the charge is just slow to appear on your credit card activity.

I ordered on the 27th, my card was charged today, but I have not yet received an e-mail confirmation.
nope...still has the date I ordered (june 28th) :|

Only positive to come out of this is knowing I'll never use google play store ever again.

Dizzan

MINI Member
nope...still has the date I ordered (june 27th) :|

Only positive to come out of this is knowing I'll never uses google play store ever again.

Me too.... but I'm in Australia so it's to be expected from Google. They have their heads so far up their ass sometimes when it comes to anywhere outside the US

Izick

I'm replying again with google voice, and I think I'm learning the hang of it. Period. Get it?also do you guys use near gaffney mobile or regular regular olD gaf?

D-Back

So has anyone actually recieved a shipping notice yet from google? Im in the I ordered as soon as possible boat in the 27th and still havent heard anything.

mkenyon

Banned
Ordered on the 27th, and though when I follow the link from the original email to my wallet account, it does show as updated with 07.13 on the Google Play account that is linked above. Sweet.

Griffin

Mine too is updated to today's date, ordered it on the 30th of June.

Izick

all set for anyone who got this is gamestop did they charge you for a 99,000 dollars or something absolutely absurd? I thought it was pretty funny actually, but my luck I actually will be charged that much.

Slime

Banned
My Wallet still says Jun 29, no shipping information, and no charge. Bleh.

Was hoping they'd at least charge me so I might have something to look forward to on Monday, but now I'm expecting they'll send it as late as possible (especially since I'm in Canada). Never using the Play store for physical releases again, either.

Slime

Banned
My wallet isn't updated either.

How about your Play?

Nope, still just the date I ordered it:

Mtsah.jpg

Blows.

EDIT: Interestingly, I see that it now lists the price as $249, whereas before it was $259. Is it the same for any other Canadians? Are we getting a price drop or something?

Slime, I'm also in Canada and I thought maybe that's the reason, but in fact, that's not the case because there are tons of people in Canada who have bought them in various stores today, so it's google just having bad customer service.

Seems like everyone is getting charged too, which sucks :/

dwebo

according to people on slickdeals, some of the (earlier?) j&r pre-orders have shipped out

didn't expect to be in the first batch as I took awhile to pull the trigger, and no surprise mine is still backordered there

Mtsah.jpg

Blows.

EDIT: Interestingly, I see that it now lists the price as $249, whereas before it was $259. Is it the same for any other Canadians? Are we getting a price drop or something?

I'm in Australia where the price is supposed to be $299 and it says $249 on my wallet. I think it only shows the US price for some reason.

kehs

Banned
according to people on slickdeals, some of the (earlier?) j&r pre-orders have shipped out

didn't expect to be in the first batch as I took awhile to pull the trigger, and no surprise mine is still backordered there

I called J&R today and they said they only received 50 today to ship out. They do not know when they will be getting more. They also said they have no idea what place in line I am because the person who handles that wouldn't be there until Monday.

Could the people who received shipping emails please tell us your order #? I'd like to see what place I am.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=51643372&postcount=481

giga....

rage.jpg

Mtsah.jpg

Blows.

Mine says $249 now too, but if you click on info it still has the $259 price listed...

Not sure what that means, hopefully cheaper. :O

SuperPac

My Google Wallet says July 13 now. Strange, since I ordered on July 3rd, later than some folks here. I haven't gotten any kind of shipping notice or anything else though.

Top Bottom