• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

effzee

Heard this. Great deal. I assume you need DirectTV?

Nope. If you already have DirectTV they offer some deal I think where you either get Sunday Ticket free for a year or a discount.

But if you don't have DirectTV, with this Madden deal you get 1 year free NFL Sunday Ticket. Can only use it on your laptop, tablet, phone, or other mobile devices. Won't work with PS3 or XBOX360.

Nope. If you already have DirectTV they offer some deal I think where you either get Sunday Ticket free for a year or a discount.

But if you don't have DirectTV, with this Madden deal you get 1 year free NFL Sunday Ticket. Can only use it on your laptop, tablet, phone, or other mobile devices. Won't work with PS3 or XBOX360.

Could always plug the phone or tablet into the TV

i got the madden special edition for $85 last weekend when they had that 20% promotion for amazon card holders. i swear i'm going to be pissed if i can't stream sunday ticket since i technically "can" get directv

ChanHuk

Banned
Waking up at 4pm feels bad man.

I will counteract this by drinking booze. Also, my pinkeye is gone, whoever rubbed the herpes on my eyes will be smoted by Tim Tebow.

Still trying to absorb the Jared Veldheer injury, ESPN reported its a partially torn triceps requiring surgery, its not the same as Justin Smith or Ray Lewis' injury and should be back for the majority of the season. If he's out for 8 weeks, he'll be back by game 5. I do not want to see Alex Barron at starting LT :(

Fuck Gata

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i got the madden special edition for $85 last weekend when they had that 20% promotion for amazon card holders. i swear i'm going to be pissed if i can't stream sunday ticket since i technically "can" get directv

Wait what? I have directtv, but this is a much better deal than subscribing to it through them... will this affect the price for me?

squicken

They aren't going to send an installer to your house. Just say your neighbors have big ass trees. You know b/c you tried to get DishNetwork and couldn't grab the signal. Satellites are in the same place

If an apartment, say your unit faces north

Waking up at 4pm feels bad man.

I will counteract this by drinking booze. Also, my pinkeye is gone, whoever rubbed the herpes on my eyes will be smoted by Tim Tebow.

Still trying to absorb the Jared Veldheer injury, ESPN reported its a partially torn triceps requiring surgery, its not the same as Justin Smith or Ray Lewis' injury and should be back for the majority of the season. If he's out for 8 weeks, he'll be back by game 5. I do not want to see Alex Barron at starting LT :(

Fuck Gata

Watson practiced today and could play LT, he has the feet for it, but he's way behind. Looking like Barron is the guy. He's been solid in practice and didn't look bad against the Cowboys, but we'll what he does this Friday.

ChanHuk

Banned
Watson practiced today and could play LT, he has the feet for it, but he's way behind. Looking like Barron is the guy. He's been solid in practice and didn't look bad against the Cowboys, but we'll what he does this Friday.

Watson is raw as fuck, I don't even see him getting real game snaps until late into the season at RT.

And Alex Barron just sucks, there's a reason why he was out of the league for 2 seasons.

Watson is raw as fuck, I don't even see him getting real game snaps until late into the season at RT.

And Alex Barron just sucks, there's a reason why he was out of the league for 2 seasons.

Pretty much, but if Barron doesn't work out, you're looking at Willie Smith at LT or Barnes possibly moving over, which is just too terrible to even think about. Watson probably a better option, he has the athletic ability, just looks lost at times.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I went on a little spending spree and picked up COD: MW3 as a free game (G1G1F Gamestop), Little Big Planet GOTY Edition, Valkyrie Chronicles and Yakuza 3. Really looking forward to sinking my teeth in VC but I want to beat Dark Souls first.

LBP is fantastic by the way. I thought it'd be overrated but its a great, great platformer.

ChanHuk

Banned
Pretty much, but if Barron doesn't work out, you're looking at Willie Smith at LT or Barnes possibly moving over, which is just too terrible to even think about. Watson probably a better option, he has the athletic ability, just looks lost at times.

Well in all honesty, the biggest thing is that you won't see a TE like David Ausberry on the field now because of Veldheer. Richard Gordon will probably get the starting nod to chip block and shit whoever he's next to at LT.

Maybe Watson can play but I don't think he's simply ready for the NFL with only 1 season of NCAA under his belt.

Also, kas is my new favorite guy of NFLGAF, he bought Valkyria Chronicles, he's a good guy. :kas

LJ11

Few OCs work the back in the pass game like Linehan. Remember saying so a couple of years ago and people thought I was calling Fatford captain check down when I was doing anything but. On the flip side Linehans gun run game is garbage. Some of it is OL but its a barebones scheme to me, don't see creativity. Putting your back in space with the ball via the pass is as good as a run I guess.

I like a lot of the stuff Linehan does, he's a spread OG.

Well in all honesty, the biggest thing is that you won't see a TE like David Ausberry on the field now because of Veldheer. Richard Gordon will probably get the starting nod to chip block and shit whoever he's next to at LT.

Maybe Watson can play but I don't think he's simply ready for the NFL with only 1 season of NCAA under his belt.

Also, kas is my new favorite guy of NFLGAF, he bought Valkyria Chronicles, he's a good guy. :kas

Agree with that, kinda the direction they have been heading in anyway, but I think Gordon is a bit overrated as a blocker. Mastrud has been getting some work at 1st team as well. I'll be surprised if Ausberry makes the roster. Don't think they will cut either of the rooks.

Also agree Watson is not ready, but you work with what you have.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Yeah I can't wait to sit down and play it. Its been since J'eanne D'Arc since I played an awesome SRPG. How long is it?

I just realized I may have gotten to many games. :x I also have Yakuza 3 I want to play but I preordered GTAV which will probably kill any interest I have in other games for a long while.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Few OCs work the back in the pass game like Linehan. Remember saying so a couple of years ago and people thought I was calling Fatford captain check down when I was doing anything but. On the flip side Linehans gun run game is garbage. Some of it is OL but its a barebones scheme to me, don't see creativity. Putting your back in space with the ball via the pass is as good as a run I guess.

I like a lot of the stuff Linehan does, he's a spread OG.

Yeah he doesn't get a lot of credit as being one of the guys who really changed the way the league starting playing around 2006 or so. It went from eye formations straight under center, to QBs running the offense out of shotgun. He tried doing that in STL as a HC but he didn't have a decent QB. With Stafford he finally got a QB capable of running his type of pistol/shotgun formation offense and dishing the ball around.

It was just one preseason game, so it doesn't count for shit, but Linehan ran Bush up the middle all 4 running plays he had IIRC.

Yeah he doesn't get a lot of credit as being one of the guys who really changed the way the league starting playing around 2006 or so. It went from eye formations straight under center, to QBs running the offense out of shotgun.

It was just one preseason game, so it doesn't count for shit, but Linehan ran Bush up the middle all 4 running plays he had IIRC.

lol changed the way the league started playing? whatever you say but he was absolute trash with the rams and while he has some creativity in the pass game the lions run game is a joke

Just got off of the phone.

Got the condo.

O3mtDC5l.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol changed the way the league started playing? whatever you say but he was absolute trash with the rams and while he has some creativity in the pass game the lions run game is a joke

Lions running game has been a joke since Jahvid went down against you guys during Handshake Gate game. That's why we brought Reggie in. He's the perfect quick back who works great on screens, draws, and even as a wide receiver.

Admit it FMT, you'd be scared to see our team in the playoffs.

Lions running game has been a joke since Jahvid went down against you guys during Handshake Gate game. That's why we brought Reggie in. He's the perfect quick back who works great on screens, draws, and even as a wide receiver.

Admit it FMT, you'd be scared to see our team in the playoffs.

it's not all about the player, it's about the playcalls. the last 2 years against us all your team has run is shotgun draws and delays. the same run play over and over.... and it never works. now compare that to a team like the niners and the creative running plays we have.

and i will be 100% honest in saying that i would LOVE to see the lions in the playoffs. there is just no way we would lose. calvin johnson scares me, but that is more than offset by the fact that we can run on your defense at will and your secondary is awful in the event that we needed to pass

This is what happens when Jim doesn't get his cake, now!

this happened after aldon smith sacked erron, erron dislodged aldons helmet with his foot during the sack and the refs flagged aldon 15 yards for taking his helmet off. stupid ass replacement refs. then later in the game the refs allowed multiple blocks in the back on a punt return TD, even picking up the flag they had rightfully thrown.

thankfully we were playing the sorry ass packers so the game was never in doubt

jbug617

Banned
So I was playing the demo for Madden 25 and I caused a penalty on a PAT (I was using the Packers) and they show a cutscene of McCarthy grabbing the player by the shoulders and shake him and push him away. I found that weird.

ChanHuk

Banned
Agree with that, kinda the direction they have been heading in anyway, but I think Gordon is a bit overrated as a blocker. Mastrud has been getting some work at 1st team as well. I'll be surprised if Ausberry makes the roster. Don't think they will cut either of the rooks.

Also agree Watson is not ready, but you work with what you have.

They're high on Ausberry, the guy makes plays when the balls in his hands. He's just too big/slow for a WR and doesn't have the blocking skills of a TE. Definitely needs another season to be groomed.

Yeah I can't wait to sit down and play it. Its been since J'eanne D'Arc since I played an awesome SRPG. How long is it?

I just realized I may have gotten to many games. :x I also have Yakuza 3 I want to play but I preordered GTAV which will probably kill any interest I have in other games for a long while.

It's not a very long game, maybe 20hrs if you take your time. PS, don't read any kind of guides and ignore the ranking system.

BlackGhost, best prepaid plan is the Walmart/Tmobile plan. Unlimited text + 5GB of data + 100 minutes of voice for $30. Too bad the iPhone 4S would be stuck on EDGE speeds on TMobile's network.

SonnyBoy

this happened after aldon smith sacked erron, erron dislodged aldons helmet with his foot during the sack and the refs flagged aldon 15 yards for taking his helmet off. stupid ass replacement refs. then later in the game the refs allowed multiple blocks in the back on a punt return TD, even picking up the flag they had rightfully thrown.

thankfully we were playing the sorry ass packers so the game was never in doubt

Gotdamn. Thanks for the explanation. That's real fucking rage.

squicken

Saw this from a Rams fan, but goes back to what we were talking about with Goodwin and the Bills. From before the draft

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...marquise-goodwin-revive-nfl-tweener-questions

Austin, who posted back-to-back 100-catch seasons in Morgantown, also had 72 carries in his final year there, garnering a reputation as one of college football's most explosive stick-of-dynamite weapons and becoming one of the most recognizable names going into this year's draft. Goodwin, on the other hand, never caught more than 33 passes in any season as a Longhorn. The occasional eye-popping play brought him notoriety, but a lack of overall production kept him from being a flat-out star.

What do scouts see? One who works the Big 12 told me Sunday he feels that, though Austin's short-area quickness and instincts make him a better prospect, the biggest difference between the two might be that the coaches at West Virginia found a way to capitalize on Austin's rare ability while the coaches at Texas simply couldn't do the same with Goodwin.

"Texas didn't have a plan with Goodwin. And that could happen again in the NFL, because you can't just treat him like any receiver."

My worry with Austin, and I think it showed up on his only preseason target, is he will have to catch the ball clean. A LB his arm as he was trying to catch the ball, and he's just not strong enough to overcome that

Top Bottom