• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

BlackGhost, best prepaid plan is the Walmart/Tmobile plan. Unlimited text + 5GB of data + 100 minutes of voice for $30. Too bad the iPhone 4S would be stuck on EDGE speeds on TMobile's network.
Ohhhh! Thanks that sounds great, is that what you have ? How's the range of service? And I don't really care about being stuck on edge

Hunter S.

Von Miller's Mug Shot:

iCPjH4BKGQi3o.jpg

FREE VON!

The meeting on his appeal is tomorrow. It is about time from what I was reading he is probably facing a possible ban for things like being late for random drug tests and other minor rule violations rather than continual drug test failures. Man needs to learn to meet his damn dates.

Free Von Miller now!!!

They're high on Ausberry, the guy makes plays when the balls in his hands. He's just too big/slow for a WR and doesn't have the blocking skills of a TE. Definitely needs another season to be groomed.

I dunno, they don't seem too happy with him now, mostly running with the 2's and 3's. DA said it was a mental thing with him. Also really inconsistent with his catches. We'd probably have to carry 4 TEs for him to make roster, but even that wouldn't be a lock as his skill set makes him the odd man out and he's ineligible for practice squad.

eh the '11 Giants were getting hot, and had done it before. Flacco chicken shit checked down and totally lucked out vs SD, and got smoked by the free-falling Texans. Post-season is mostly luck

Power Rankings > Playoff Games

I don't know about getting smoked by a "free falling Texans," because I was at that game, and I remember it being between two 5-1 teams played in Houston. We got smoked...by a good team in their house, which is not a surprise.

And as much as I hate Flacco, there is something to being a playoff QB. We hold it against Peyton that his playoff record is bad, but we don't give Joe credit. It can't be luck if he has more success in the playoffs than in regular season, every year.

squicken

I don't know about getting smoked by a "free falling Texans," because I was at that game, and I remember it being between two 5-1 teams played in Houston. We got smoked...by a good team in their house, which is not a surprise.

And as much as I hate Flacco, there is something to being a playoff QB. We hold it against Peyton that his playoff record is bad, but we don't give Joe credit. It can't be luck if he has more success in the playoffs than in regular season, every year.

Yeah Mech mentioned that earlier. Texans were still good then

As far as his record, I think that is the defense. I think the officials call less penalties in the playoffs. So an old and slow team like BAL gets exposed in the regular season in ways they don't in the playoffs, where they clutch and grab. They also become far less concerned with personal fouls. They are willing to take the fines b/c they know it is worth the intimidation factor, whereas they won't in the regular season b/c it will eventually get them suspended

cdyhybrid

Just had a moment of clarity where I envisioned Von telling Johnny Football to go ahead and sign. It was like a shitty version of Dumb & Dumber, except where the NCAA steals the Samsonite brief case, and shits all over the Hawaiian Tropic bus.

He maybe a dumbass, but he's our dumbass!

Convict avatar brothers!

Yeah Mech mentioned that earlier. Texans were still good then

As far as his record, I think that is the defense. I think the officials call less penalties in the playoffs. So an old and slow team like BAL gets exposed in the regular season in ways they don't in the playoffs, where they clutch and grab. They also become far less concerned with personal fouls. They are willing to take the fines b/c they know it is worth the intimidation factor, whereas they won't in the regular season b/c it will eventually get them suspended

While I do agree this happens, I find that Flacco does play better in the postseason. The main times he faltered in the playoffs were against the Steelers when they would knock the shit out of him.

That's Flacco's weakness - once you rattle him he's toast. The Steelers weren't there to do it and surprise they win the Super Bowl. Despite Denver having a good defense Flacco stayed clean and they paid. Colts and NE's D sucks, and for all the hype the Niners D gets they disappeared in the Super Bowl.

Flacco's career is typified by the dominance and then fall of the Steelers D. His 92 yard drive in 2011 was the first big sign that Pitt's days at the top were over.

JCizzle

this happened after aldon smith sacked erron, erron dislodged aldons helmet with his foot during the sack and the refs flagged aldon 15 yards for taking his helmet off. stupid ass replacement refs. then later in the game the refs allowed multiple blocks in the back on a punt return TD, even picking up the flag they had rightfully thrown.

thankfully we were playing the sorry ass packers so the game was never in doubt

That was the absolute worst. Those refs were such shit.

Ducktales Remastered completed on Normal. Modern gaming has truly bred some bitch ass gamers if they think this game is too hard.

Great game on the NES. Great game in 2013.

Godslay

Banned
I think i kicked my nes playing that game. Back when consoles could take physical abuse from raging little kids.,That level scarred a lot of childrens.

Yeah, fuck Battletoads. I loved it back then, but Tebow as my witness that fucking game was brutal.

For some reason I remember Batman (the Sunsoft version), being hard as hell back then. I'm not sure if I was just bad at it, or if it was really that hard. I did laugh when someone told me Rygar was hard.

Yeah, fuck Battletoads. I loved it back then, but Tebow as my witness that fucking game was brutal.

For some reason I remember Batman (the Sunsoft version), being hard as hell back then. I'm not sure if I was just bad at it, or if it was really that hard. I did laugh when someone told me Rygar was hard.

Best Batman game ever. The joker was like 2 times your size though. That pissed me off.

That level is cake.

0.jpg

THIS was the hard level in Battletoads.
We could line up 10 different gamers and you'll get a good variety of answers on which was the hardest. That game was a bitch in general.

Different era of gaming though. Ducktales was actually one of the easier NES games released at the time IIRC.

Fucking great game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1yN9oWmWsQ

I still have the cartridge for it, too.

We could line up 10 different gamers and you'll get a good variety of answers on which was the hardest. That game was a bitch in general.

Different era of gaming though. Ducktales was actually one of the easier NES games released at the time IIRC.

Fucking great game!

I find that if you line up 10 different gamers and ask them about Battletoads 8 of them say they never got past the bike stage.

Duck Tales was easy, but it wasn't about how easy it was, it was about how much cheddar you could collect. I managed to get the money pile at the end, but I always had the idea that there was more after that.

edit: Apparently not. That's disappointing.

Godslay

Banned
Best Batman game ever. The joker was like 2 times your size though. That pissed me off.

Yeah, I remember having to rent it from Blockbuster all the time. It was one of those deals where I would only get games on my birthday and Christmas. I just remember it kicking my ass over and again. That and Ninja Gaiden.

I find that if you line up 10 different gamers and ask them about Battletoads 8 of them say they never got past the bike stage.

Duck Tales was easy, but it wasn't about how easy it was, it was about how much cheddar you could collect. I managed to get the money pile at the end, but I always had the idea that there was more after that.
You'll like Remastered then. Same quest for cheddar remains. With unlockables tied to the money now, too. They did beef up the difficulty but I found sections of DKC Returns tougher than anything in the entirety of remastered.

As for Battletoads, I should have quantified "people who finished Battletoads". You're right in terms of folks not bothering with it after the bike stage.:jnc

There's always old faithful when talking about hard games in the NES era, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8beT4d7HIw

I beat the original and the second game. I never finished the third. It just got unfair by that point.

Fantomex

Fucking great game!

At the end of thr Sunspot Batman game, Bats actually throws Joker off the roof. lol.

Godslay

Banned
Fucking great game!

Nice. I think I would be afraid to pick it up again. Then again, I plowed through Mike Tyson's Punchout without too much of an issue. I know I'm a little bit slower than I was when I was a kid, but certain games just give you a muscle memory that never truly goes away. Riding the bike type of thing.

Better a dumbass than a murderer...

I'm picturing Ray Lewis pointing at Hernandez, "Better than a dumbass murderer."

So freaking nervous for my interview tomorrow. Its my third and the position description, which I just got because they decided I should interview for a more advanced opening, seems a good deal above my head.

Jeeze. I guess its my third one here, they wouldnt do this unless they felt I was qualified.

So freaking nervous for my interview tomorrow. Its my third and the position description, which I just got because they decided I should interview for a more advanced opening, seems a good deal above my head.

Jeeze. I guess its my third one here, they wouldnt do this unless they felt I was qualified.
Bate beforehand and stroll into that joint like you own the place.
Be like yo mutha fuckaz I'm da ninja u needsa go see ya hurr I got this shyt. Bulllat bulllat.

Obviously do your preparation but just take a deep breath and do your best and make peace with that.
Take control of the interview, ask the interviewers how they are, what their titles are and jobs include. "Describe yourself".

Confidence my man you got this. I can feel it in my ginger blood.

Godslay

Banned

The thing is, since you recently graduated iirc, they know that you don't know shit. If they are giving you an interview for a position that might be above your current skills now, they are seeing if you have the potential (rather than the know how at the moment) to fill that position. Or you could very well be fodder, which sucks. Either way all you can do is be yourself.

I've flat out blown interviews before, largely because of nerves and the pressure to code on whiteboards. If anything blowing an interview allows you to stop caring, and just be yourself. It always feels better being rejected when you go in and just be yourself, rather than a bundle of nerves that doesn't show them who you are. Good luck!

Watching this made me realize that I've gotten the landing sequence from Top Gun confused with this game for years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUse_eFW3dw&t=181

Simply because that one was worse.

Didn't even know this existed.

Top Bottom