• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

jbug617

Banned
Name all the systems you've own you poors!

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL

NES
Genesis
Gameboy
SNES
Nintendo 64
Saturn
PS2
Xbox
PSP
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii
3DS
Vita
Wii U
Neo Geo X (I don't know why I bought it. I think it was on sale)

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL

Snes
PS1
PS2 (x2)
PS3
PSP
Xbox 360
Gameboy Colour
Nintendo DS

Edit: Jesus, my list is so short compared to all you people. Y'all fucking old.

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL

Consoles I own (most of them in storage)

2 x Atari 2600
Atari 7800
2 x NES (1 old school and 1 with the top slot)
SNES
Sega Genesis
Sega 32x
3 x Sega Saturn
2 x Sony Playstation
Nintendo 64
2 x Microsoft Xbox (1 standard, 1 mod chipped)
Sony Playstation 2
2 x Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube
2 x Xbox 360
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U

Handhelds:

Sony PSP
Sony Vita
Atari Lynx
Sega Game Gear
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Sony PSP
Sony Vita

Fox318

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL

Atari 2600
NES
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Gamecube
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation Portable
Microsoft Xbox 360
Motorola Xoom
Android Phones

And PC/Mac games since 1996-7

Hunter S.

Guess Im the only one has been bored to tears by Nintendo games most of my life.

Last Mario game I played was SMB 3 and I only owned an N64 for WCW vs NWO.
Nah, I gave up on Nintendo during the N64. PlayStation had mature games that were never on a Nintendo platform in mass. Never liked handhelds. Bought the wii, but it it looked horrible and was mostly a loss except for Mario Kart. So yeah they bored me since I was 14, but I do like the the NES- N64.

If you were a fan of 2D sprite based stuff, my god yes. (fighting games in particular)

On the 3D front you had stuff like Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon (*hugs copy of PD Saga* but the variety of titles available on the PSX puts the Saturn to shame. My Sega fanboyism can't deny that.
I would take Radiant Silvergun and PDS over anything on PS1.

MechDX

Sears Pong console
Atari 2600
NES
GenesisX2
Sega CD
Game Gear
Saturn
3DO
Dreamcast x4
NGPC
DS (for the wife)
N64
Wii (For the wife. What a piece of shit)
Gamecube
Xbox
Xbox 360 x5 (fucking RROD!)
PS One
PS2
PS3x2 (heck of a BluRay player!)(Fucking DRE)
SNES (bought one last year for some Thomas the Train game I found for the kids)

Bread

Banned

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL
Commodore 64
Atari 2600
NES
Genesis
Gameboy
Game Gear
N64
Dreamcast
Xbox
Gamecube
Xbox 360
Nintendo DS
Wii
PS3
Nintendo DSi
3DS XL

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL
By company:

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
GBA
GBA SP
DS Lite
3DS XL

Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Sega Dreamcast

PS
PS2
PS3
PS4 pre-ordered

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One pre-ordered

I still own all of them to this day save for the GBA that I traded in for the GBA SP. In the rare occasion that I pull the box from storage, it always amazes me how huge the Game Gear is.

I would take Radiant Silvergun and PDS over anything on PS1.
Ikaruga was better.;)

Sin and Punishment 2 on the Wii is woefully underrated/ignored, too. If we're talking about Treasure masterpieces.

What is the best deal for buying a new ps3?

Should I buy used?
Sony's got a new model coming later this year I think for $199, no? May want to wait for that as it may drop the price of used models in the long term.

Milchjon

Atari 2600
NES
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Gamecube
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation Portable
Microsoft Xbox 360
Motorola Xoom
Android Phones

And PC/Mac games since 1996-7

No Dreamcast? Man, how many bad choices can one guy make?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
NES
SNES
Genesis
Playstation 1
PS2
PS3
Gameboy

all this NES talk brings me back. all the marios, especially 2, Super spike Vball, some space exploration game(cant remember the name), paperboy, top gun, the olympic games style game where you could surf skate the half pipe hacky sack, skate or die, marble madness, teenage mutant ninja turtles. Then there was genesis stuff like road rash & thunderstrike.

Games were more fun back then, because they were simpler yet more challenging. I feel like whenever we hit 3d games instead of 2d games a lot of these devs strive more and more to be more and more realistic and just fail. I've had more fun with cheap PSN games than full retail games this gen.

squicken

I had most of the early stuff. ColecoVision/2600/C64. I loved the (S)NES, but the best sports stuff was always on the PC and Genesis. Hundreds of hours into Joe Montana's Football

Greg

all this NES talk brings me back. all the marios, especially 2, Super spike Vball, some space exploration game(cant remember the name), paperboy, top gun, the olympic games style game where you could surf skate the half pipe hacky sack, skate or die, marble madness, teenage mutant ninja turtles. Then there was genesis stuff like road rash & thunderstrike.

Games were more fun back then, because they were simpler yet more challenging. I feel like whenever we hit 3d games instead of 2d games a lot of these devs strive more and more to be more and more realistic and just fail. I've had more fun with cheap PSN games than full retail games this gen.
California Games! I loved that.

Atari 2600
colecovision
intellivision
commodore 64
nes
genesis
Sega cd
nomad
snes
saturn
ps1
n64
gba
dc
xbox
ps2
gc
xbox360
ps3
ds
3ds
wii
wiiu
psp
vita

I am sure I am forgetting some.

I wish they would release Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on the 3DS, always felt the camera angle and style lended itself to handhelds and on the 3DS it would be godly.

Brinbe

NES
Genesis
SNES
GB/GBC
N64
PS1
GBA
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
DS/DSL
PSP/PSP Go
Xbox 360
Wii
PS3 Slim
3DS/3DS XL
Vita
Wii U
PS4 (Preordered)

Basically everything that's been out recently except the Gamecube, Saturn. Also considering getting that Nvidia Shield soon.

...goddamn it.

brentech

How many Xbox 360/PS3 games do you guys own? I have 82 games, which is a whole lot more than I thought.
I've owned about that many,but back when I had about 35 on my shelf I decided to start trading in. Usually have about 10 discs at most on hand before I trade in a few.

Not counting all the digital games I've bought or got through PS+

Greg

yes! awesome game. When you surfed could you get eaten by a shark or did i make that up?
I remember that as well, hahaha - like you fell in the water and you saw a shark fin go by or something.

i fucking loved that hacky sack game

and was there something like a discus game too? i remember sucking at that.
Yeah, there was the bird that I always tried to hit with the hacky sack when it flew by.

And that discus thing always messed me up as well.

Madden demo was definitely interesting, some things I noted.

1. I really enjoyed having the skills challenges back. That was one of my favorite parts about the ps2 versions of the games. Trying to get 100% perfect and unlock a little something is a lot of fun. The one part I don't like though is how you have to use L2 to do get "in the right mode" to trigger the moves.

2. The game is pretty similiar to last year's version as far as the flow of the plays and how the running and precision passing works, so it felt like I could jump right in. But we won't know about the real differences until we've all gone online and played a few dozen games.

3. The option stuff will definitely be annoying to play against, but as a 49ers fan with kaepernick, I know I'll be using it some as well, and it seems really well executed with the X to give to the runningback and being able to do pitch plays as well. I hate the option with a passion, but the Pistol is alright with me.

4. The big unkown is how well online will run. One of the most annoying things about madden each year is how smooth all of the menus run offline, but as soon as you try to play online or do an online franchise, even changing your depth chart takes FOREVER

My cousin always had every system growing up and I remember seeing the dreamcast games and my mind was blown.

Soul Caliber was insane when it debuted and I still remember my jaw dropping when they first revealed trailers of the opening cinema for Resident Evil: Code Veronica online. Hands down the best graphics at the time.

squicken

5. The Eagles, by the way, are going to be really challenged this season. There is a severe lack of talent, and there’s obviously a big transition in offensive and defensive schemes going on. Philadelphia could be one of those teams that starts slow, but then builds some momentum into next season. Sort of like how the Dolphins, under Nick Saban, started 3-7 in his first season in 2005, but won their final six games. Miami’s momentum could have been carried over if Saban had picked Drew Brees over Daunte Culpepper—and if Saban hadn’t had one eye on the back door to Alabama.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/15/nfl-preseason-first-impressions/

Milchjon

My cousin always had every system growing up and I remember seeing the dreamcast games and my mind was blown.

It's funny, because Shenmue was what caused me to get into gaming, and 12 years later, it's still my favorite. I'll always love the DC.

bionic77

Turbo Graphx16
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo 3DS XL
At least 3 different Atari systems. Don't even remember the model numbers. That thing was trash.
NES
SMS
A few game and pockets
Apple 2 (always regretted not getting a C64 or Amiga but I was like 8 and no one listened to me)
TG16 (eh system wish I could have gotten a Neo Geo but got damn at the price)
Genesis
SNES
Gameboy
GBC
GBA (OG and the compact one)
PSX
N64
PS2
Cube
DS
Wii
PS3
3DS

I feel like I am missing shit.

Edit forgot DC

Hunter S.

How many Xbox 360/PS3 games do you guys own? I have 82 games, which is a whole lot more than I thought.
I think I played more. But, I sold or rented some of them. A lot of games were only rented for for one time coop with a homie. Played so many shooters this gen it is unreal.

jbug617

Banned
According to Raptr

I have:

360- 127 ( I think that has to be wrong)
XBLA- 95
PS3- 33
PSN- 12

I gave away some of those 360 games but i have a lot.

Fantomex

NO matter whos house I went to as a kid. They seemed to always have these 3 NES titles besides the pack ins.

• Super Mario 3
  • Metroid
  • Contra

But you'd be my best friend ever if you had Tecmo Bowl.

BoTecmo.gif

NO YOU CAN'T PICK THE RAIDERS!

Home:
NES original
SNES original
Genesis
N64
PS1 original
PS2 fat
GameCube
Dreamcast
PS3 fat, slim
Wii
Wii U

Handheld:
GB original
GBC
GBA original, SP
DS fat, lite
DSi original, XL
PSP-3000
3DS original, XL
Vita

squicken

Who didn't know this. 1st year with a new coach is almost always a transition year.

Some teams have bad records but have a decent talent base in place, like SF under Nolan/Singletary and maybe the Chiefs of the last two years. Some have no talent in place, so it's hard to get good right away. He's saying the Eagles will be the latter.

Atari Video Pinball
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Intellivision
Colecovision
Commodore 64
NES
Genesis/Sega CD/32X
PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP

and have dabbled in PC gaming on and off since '99.

But I rarely game anymore, have yet to pick up a new game this year. Last new game I got was Dishonored. I do get a little nostalgia fix from time to time with emulators on my laptop though.

Top Bottom