• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

virtual-boy.jpg

"Look into my eyes!"

Draxal

I always wondered are Giants fans usually Yankees fans and Jets fans are usually Mets fans?

Sorta yes, western NYC, Rockland north nj are giants/yanks. While li and queens/Brooklyn lean jets/mets.

There are a lot of exceptions though (a lot of Mets/Giants families due to 86).

We could say that about any team, that's not loyalty though. It's when your team turns to garbage and the seats still fill up that you have a good, loyal fan base. The Golden State Warriors fan base has been inspiring. They are finally a good team so I'm excited for the fans.

Sorta yes, western NYC, Rockland north nj are giants/yanks. While li and queens/Brooklyn lean jets/mets.

There are a lot of exceptions though (a lot of Mets/Giants families due to 86).
Knicks/Mets/Giants here, and no it has nothing to do with 1986. Much simpler reason.

Matugi

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 5m
Griffin w another completion. 14-yarder to Garcon. 14-for-15 for 179 yds and TD on 21 plays.

THE LEAGUE AIN'T READY

Godslay

Banned
Its Gary Kubiaks Birthday!! Recognize people!!

GaryKubiak020210.jpg

2811k-totally-looks-like-vigo-from-ghostbusters-ii.jpg

kubiakfire_zpsb297c39e.gif

kubiakfg.gif

350x.jpg

460x.jpg

That no FG watching, conservative play callin, perfect hair havin, no killer instinct havin, career back up QB brilliant SOB!!

DAT BACKUP

In the words of Juvenile, BACK THAT ASS UP!

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

squicken

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9569940/which-teams-race-jadeveon-clowney-nfl

Going off their FOA, Football Outsiders 10 most likely teams to have first pick

1. Vikes
2. Rams
3. Jags
4. Phins
5. Raiders
6. Titans
7. Cards
8. Browns
9. Cowboys
10. Falcons

Our pessimistic prediction for the Falcons is controversial, but we aren't so ridiculously pessimistic that we expect the Falcons to be in the race for Clowney. Atlanta only makes a list of last-place teams because we have all four NFC South teams forecast to be above average with a mean projection of 8-8 or better.

Bowser

Football Outsiders on the Panthers:

Every year, there’s a surprise team in our projections, a dark horse that we expect will rise from a losing record to a Super Bowl contender. This year, that team is the Carolina Panthers.

There’s a lot to like about the talent on this squad. Cam Newton is a superstar quarterback going into his third season, and his continued development should vault the offense forward several notches. The defense features a potentially dominant front seven, led by another young blossoming star in Luke Kuechly, which should cover up for some question marks in the secondary. They finished the year on a four-game winning streak, which inspired hope for the following season.

I've always like FBO!!!

squicken

How can the vikes go from playoffs to 0-16 bad?

They don't like Ponder, no Harvin, and AP can't do it again. Defense getting old. They make the point, would Vikes fans rather go 7-9 and lose their again DEs, or go 3-13 and draft Clowney?

Football Outsiders on the Panthers:

I've always like FBO!!!

They also have numerous mentions of Rivera and how he might actually be a terrible coach and ruin the season, but their guess is he gets fired if they start slow

cdyhybrid

They don't like Ponder, no Harvin, and AP can't do it again. Defense getting old. They make the point, would Vikes fans rather go 7-9 and lose their again DEs, or go 3-13 and draft Clowney?

They also have numerous mentions of Rivera and how he might actually be a terrible coach and ruin the season, but their guess is he gets fired if they start slow

3 wins and still getting the #1 pick is pretty optimistic.

KingGondo

Banned
If the Vikes happened to have a down year and got a top-10 pick, they could snag a QB like Bridgewater or Boyd and be set for years.

Ponder is not gonna get it done for them.

Bowser

Yeah, I know, I didn't think that part was worth copying :p

But yeah, the season does really rest on Ron's improvement as a game day coach. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll put it together this season.

SNES stop being a pussy! Avatar bet! Entire 2013 offseason on better record, Panthers vs Bucs! I've already ensnared DCX and beast in back-to-back offseasons with Cam avatars...would love to add a filthy Bucs fan for a 3rd straight year!

Just think of how beautiful this will look on you!

ffaK1.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
Their D is fine. Allen has 3-5 left and will resign and Williams' replacement was drafted. Cook and Harrison are young studs, they just need some more LB help and DL depth.

I think the offense will be better this year too. 9 or 10 wins is very doable.

Yeah, I know, I didn't think that part was worth copying :p

But yeah, the season does really rest on Ron's improvement as a game day coach. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll put it together this season.

SNES stop being a pussy! Avatar bet! Entire 2013 offseason on better record, Panthers vs Bucs! I've already ensnared DCX and beast in back-to-back offseasons with Cam avatars...would love to add a filthy Bucs fan for a 3rd straight year!

Just think of how beautiful this will look on you!

ffaK1.jpg
Forcing someone to use a Scam avatar should be a bannable offense.
Man the Jets are going to have a fucking terrible season :(
Yes, yes they are.
And it all starts week one!

Top Bottom