• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Atari (unsure which model, this was years ago)
NES
SNES
Genesis
N64
PS1
PS2
GameCube
Dreamcast
XBox
PS3
Wii
360 (times 4 :lol :( )

GameBoy
GBA
DS
PSP
PSP-3000
Vita

Multple PC's over the years.

squicken

Media already revving up for Saturday Night

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Gabbert to start for Jaguars against Jets, setting up a QB clinic for the ages

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier
Blaine Gabbert vs. Mark Sanchez... get Tara Reid involved and we don't need Sharknado II.

Do people like bad football more than good games? Would these guys rather watch buttfumble games or great games like SF/NE?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Media already revving up for Saturday Night

Do people like bad football more than good games? Would these guys rather watch buttfumble games or great games like SF/NE?

Of course people love to see good games but who can resist a shitshow of a bad game like a buttfumble?

According to Emory's business school, the Cowboys have the most loyal fanbase in the NFL

The NFL is America’s favorite professional sports league, but which of its teams has the most loyal and supportive fan base? This is not a straightforward question. A ranking based on attendance would be skewed toward teams that play in more populated metropolitan areas, and a ranking based on profitability or revenues would be biased in favor of teams that are currently enjoying more on-field success.

In our series of fan base analyses across leagues, we adjust for these complicating factors using a revenue premium model of fan equity. The key idea is that we look at team box office revenues relative to team on-field success, market population, stadium capacity, median income and other factors. The first step in our procedure involves the creation of a statistical model that predicts box office revenue as a function of the aforementioned variables. We then compare actual revenues to the revenues predicted by the model. Teams with relatively stronger fan support will have revenues that exceed the predicted values, and teams that under perform have relatively less supportive fan bases.

NFL-BRAND-EQUITY.png

gata lost
snesfreak lost
Fickle Falcons fans lost

I think I played more. But, I sold or rented some of them. A lot of games were only rented for for one time coop with a homie. Played so many shooters this gen it is unreal.

I have so many EA games, those assholes should give me some kind of a reward. 18/82 are EA.

According to Raptr

I have:

360- 127 ( I think that has to be wrong)
XBLA- 95
PS3- 33
PSN- 12

I gave away some of those 360 games but i have a lot.

I've always kept all my games, I can't get rid of my stuff. I'm terrible.

effzee

Some teams have bad records but have a decent talent base in place, like SF under Nolan/Singletary and maybe the Chiefs of the last two years. Some have no talent in place, so it's hard to get good right away. He's saying the Eagles will be the latter.

Eagles have and have had talent on offense. They just have underperformed and have been horribly inefficient. I can see the offense be good right away.

Defense will struggle big time. There are some high picks and talent across the line but the transition to 3-4 especially with some DEs playing LB for the first time in their careers will be painful.

Nothing shocking by predicting they will be bad.

Greg

I have so many EA games, those assholes should give me some kind of a reward. 18/82 are EA.

I've always kept all my games, I can't get rid of my stuff. I'm terrible.
I have 1 game - Madden 09. And only because the kid that bought my PS3 didn't even want to take it.

Hunter S.

Lol, so that model for loyal fan bases gives more points for being poor. You're more loyal if you're poor and still attend games. Dallas and Boston most be full of ghetto poors

Draxal

The cfb is even worse. They had Temple over Louisville and Rutgers .... When Temple barely has 10 k fans at their home games when Ville has over 50k.

squicken

Anyone who has seen the internet noise about the SF Giants and Seattle Sounders knows those two techie cities are Frontrunner-villes. Obviously the Cards have bad fans. STL is a baseball town where they watch the baseball Cardinals on their phones at Rams games but are still the best of the NFCW.

If Seattle didn't pump sound into their stadium, and 49ers fans didn't curse at little kids in the stands, it'd be the easiest division in the league for visitors

Bread

Banned
Lol, so that model for loyal fan bases gives more points for being poor. Your more loyal if your poor and still attend games. Dallas and Boston most be full of ghetto poors
foxboro isn't in the nicest area of massachusetts, and i would totally believe that dumb people spend their pay checks on tickets.

MechDX

Hard to take a list seriously when one team that is ranked higher has blackouts (as well as a larger metropolitan area), and the other has sold out since the 70's and is ranked lower.

Sounds like they threw a bunch of shit in a blender, and popped out that horseshit list.

Cowboys being at #1 is acceptable. All the ones I see love the mid 90's Cowboys and in their eyes the last 18 years don't exist. That's loyalty!

That list is laughable, 30? Really? We've only sold out every single game since the stadium was built, despite the mostly dismal seasons since Warner retired. There are more Card fans than fans of any other team in the stadium these past few seasons and I would know as my seats are on the visiting side. Not that it matters, I'm just grumpy because I need food. Time for lunch!

I'm so pumped for more football tonight. Browns/Lions should be a ton of fun.
Carolina/Philly will be enjoyable as well. I love all the stories each team has going on during the preseason.

Dragon

Banned
That list is laughable, 30? Really? We've only sold out every single game since the stadium was built, despite the mostly dismal seasons since Warner retired. There are more Card fans than fans of any other team in the stadium these past few seasons and I would know as my seats are on the visiting side. Not that it matters, I'm just grumpy because I need food. Time for lunch!

Nationwide the only people that care about the Cardinals are Fitz fans. Truth hurts bro.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds like CJ Anderson blew out his knee. I knew it was too good to be true. Dammit.

Trindon Holliday put on a clinic at RB apparently. Would be interesting to see him get some snaps there.

RBH

Aren't most people in Georgia more loyal to the Georgia Bulldogs over the Falcons.

Yes. :(

But the Falcons' popularity has been growing quite a bit over the past 5 years. It's not at UGA levels, but they've made great strides considering the mediocre overall history of the franchise. Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see some people abandon ship when things go bad at some point in the future, but it's definitely a better situation compared to the 80's and 90's.

So the Jets have one of the most loyal fanbases?

I can believe that...I mean, no way there'd be any other reason to keep watching them except out of loyalty. :(

squicken

Sounds like CJ Anderson blew out his knee. I knew it was too good to be true. Dammit.

Trindon Holliday put on a clinic at RB apparently. Would be interesting to see him get some snaps there.

He's 5'6" JJ Watt probably has actually eaten burritos bigger than Trindon

Top Bottom