• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

MechDX

No worries, the Texans never score anyways.

Schaub_Smile_original.gif

WattShrug2.gif

Pimpwerx

I find it strange. I never hear any fans of the game complaining about players celebrating anything. Matter of fact, I remember Canes fans used to absolutely eat up the Canes' swagger. Taunting, dancing and celebrating...it was a all good. I remember the 80s choreographed group celebrations. Hell, NFL Films made a point to highlight the best ones in each year's season recap. This doesn't seem like an issue the fans have ever lobbied for, and all they keep doing it cracking down more and more.

I think it adds personality to an otherwise faceless sport. I mean, fans at Dolphins games look forward to an Odrick sack, so we can stand and do the PeeWee Herman dance with him. The No Fun League strikes again, I guess. I really don't understand it. PEACE.

MechDX

Is Gronk still allowed to spike?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/06/nfl-cracking-down-taunting-off-the-snap/?sct=hp_t2_a6&eref=sihp

The NFL is tired of players celebrating inappropriately after successful plays and scoring plays, and its officials have evidently been charged with controlling this increasing “menace.” Section 3 of the league’s rule book outlines the behavior that will be penalized, under the banner of Unsportsmanlike Conduct:

“Sack dances, home run swing, incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent [prolonged and with provocation]; or dancing.”

These moves are also verboten:

“Throat slash; machine-gun salute; sexually suggestive gestures; prolonged gyrations; or stomping on a team logo.”

Nope. The NFL did it! The really did it! They created the one thing that NFL GAF can agree upon!

Those magnificent bastards!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't have a problem with touchdown celebrations. Or even sack celebrations. I draw the line at those idiot celebrations after a guy makes a routine catch or a routine tackle. Throw those fuckers out of the game.

MechDX

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
Patriots' final 11-on-11 series for first-team offense ends on down note as wide-open Danny Amendola drops pass over middle from Tom Brady.
about a minute ago

Must be hurt

MechDX

The PFT comment section on the Manning video is golden:

YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Aug 6, 2013 2:45 PM

How many cats did they have to kill to make a wig big enough to cover Peyton’s forehead?

buckhuckster says: Aug 6, 2013 2:49 PM

“Get your crap together so DirecTV can call us someday, Jordan!!” -Aaron Rodgers

Are we all in agreement that this Pats-Eagles practice is the worst thing in the history of mankind?

Dog murderers, racists, cheating scum, adulterers, fat fucks, and women all on the same field at the same time.

Top Bottom