• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

eznark

Banned
Micah Hyde clowning Tavon Austin was amazing.

I also watched the entire Packer game on Telemundo. Incredible experience! Highly recommended.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Swearinger hit on Keller gif. WARNING: not for the faint of heart or weak stomached:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1758167/ibiHwjbqkuZ6wR.gif

DJ apologized on the field and hit twitter right after the game:

https://twitter.com/jungleboi_swagg/status/368948386746990593

I don't see why he should apologize or feel bad, and this is coming from someone who hated when people went after my lanky long legs on the football field.

You can't hit above the shoulder pads, you can't hit below the waist, how about just taking the pads off and playing flag football? This shit is getting ridiculous,

In Lions news they did something today I wanted them to do since the start of off season: Sign former pro bowler Rashean Mathis veteran DB from the Jags. I've always been a huge fan of his and this adds some nice veteran leadership and experience for basically nothing. Never hurts to bring in a guy with 30 career INTS and 3 TDs and to lead some of these young dudes in the lockerroom.

MechDX

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-2uD83CIAE6fX2.jpg

•The Texans have a strange attraction to tight ends from the University of Wisconsin. And it's working out pretty well for them. "It's great, it's great," said Owen Daniels, the elder statesman of the Wisconsin tight ends. "We've got three on the roster right now. Myself, G and Byrnie. It's great having those guys contribute." G, of course, is Garrett Graham. Byrnie (and I have no idea how that nickname is spelled) is Jake Byrne, a first-year tight end. Graham had a fantastic game and is going to be a really good player for the Texans this year. "Oh, he's picked up where he left off last year," Daniels said. "He helped us out a lot last year. This year he's going to get more opportunities to make plays without James [Casey] being here. He's grown a lot the last couple years. You see what he's doing out there, he's working really hard."

I didn't realize Byrne was a Sconi. Damn now it is 3! My sconi TE's, let me show you them.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You just give me a headache with your nonsense. As proven I am not the only one who sees squickens freakin agenda. As sick and weird as it seems it does exist

and people were giving me shit about having him on ignore last weekend. Shit gets old. Its one thing to trash talk like a lot of people do in this thread. Like i think i read something from him that someone quoted where he was saying the Jaguars are the best drafting team in the AFCS, just made me lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
3 weeks and 40 minutes until Lions' kickoff!

3 weeks and 1 hour until I begin complaining about how horrible the Lions' coaching staff is again!

brentech

If players were surveyed as to whether they'd rather play for the Jets or have a season ending injury I wonder how close the split would be.

I'm guessing 70-30 for injury.

lol, probably true at this point. that team just seems like an implosion.

I don't see why he should apologize or feel bad, and this is coming from someone who hated when people went after my lanky long legs on the football field.

You can't hit above the shoulder pads, you can't hit below the waist, how about just taking the pads off and playing flag football? This shit is getting ridiculous,

In Lions news they did something today I wanted them to do since the start of off season: Sign former pro bowler Rashean Mathis veteran DB from the Jags. I've always been a huge fan of his and this adds some nice veteran leadership and experience for basically nothing. Never hurts to bring in a guy with 30 career INTS and 3 TDs and to lead some of these young dudes in the lockerroom.

Maybe try to make the tackle in the torso area? Maybe don't aim at someone's legs with your helmet? If your only choice to tackle someone was going for their knees with your helmet then everyone would be injured.

And the sad thing is someday swearinger is going to potentially fuck himself up much worse by tackling that way

Godslay

Banned
Rewatched the first team drives last night, and I think they looked good. Marched down the field efficiently on a top defense, passed effectively on one of the top secondaries, and protected well against a good dline (even with Clady out).

If/when Montee gets ahold of the starter spot, and improves his blocking, I think the offense is going to be very good.

squicken

Maybe try to make the tackle in the torso area? Maybe don't aim at someone's legs with your helmet? If your only choice to tackle someone was going for their knees with your helmet then everyone would be injured.

And the sad thing is someday swearinger is going to potentially fuck himself up much worse by tackling that way

Sorry but you've been infected by my sick agenda. I don't know the remedy but I do know it was a clean hit!

MechDX

Sorry but you've been infected by my sick agenda. I don't know the remedy but I do know it was a clean hit!

Just like you commenting on it because you saw a tweet and not watching the actual game. When did you see the actual hit? That alone validates my opinion. If you hate them so much why do you pay attention? Why not just cut all your ties and quit trying to be the Belichek of NFL GAF?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

When you're going 110 MPH Gamespeed you can't just decide split second Fallout V.A.T.S. style whether you're going to hit the offensive player in the legs or helmet. The job of the defensive player is to prevent/tackle the offensive player from gaining any yards or the ball to being with. As a defender you have to do that by any means necessary (sans facemask) or you should play another sport.

Brother James Harrison preaching the defensive gospel to his own fucking coach on Hard Knocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNx5gyEwa8&t=15m0s

Coach: See there, #18, aj green? we dont hit him.
JH: I hit whoever i want.
Coach: Yeah, but he is our star player. We cant have him getting hurt.
JH: I didnt say i was gonna hurt him, i said i would hit him.
Coach: But it is just practice, we need him good for the season.
JH: If he comes in my area I am gonna hit him or i am not doing my job. You understand?
Coach: Yes James.
JH: Im not gonna come out here and NOT do my job, you understand???
Coach: Yes James! please, just dont kill him..

From the video the Texans DB went more for the waist/thigh and Dustin Keller just landed awkwardly. Shit happens man, its football.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This isn't even funny tho
SI.com said:
"Manuel completed 26 of 33 passes for 199 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions through two preseason games. Only Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints had a higher preseason passer rating than Manuel’s 112.0 through Friday evening. Kolb, on the other hand, has completed 1 of 21 passes for 111 yards, no touchdowns, one interception, and a 55.9 passer rating. He did that all against the Vikings after missing time due to a knee injury caused by a slip on a rubber mat during practice."

MechDX

What does this mean? Stop trying to be the best in here?

When will you stop being the Kubiac ,a.k.a the doodoo stain, of NFL GAF?

Smartest man in the room. Like drafting murderers and man whores no other team takes risks on hoping they can be nice just because they can play.

Kolb, on the other hand, has completed 1 of 21 passes for 111 yards, no touchdowns, one interception, and a 55.9 passer rating. He did that all against the Vikings after missing time due to a knee injury caused by a slip on a rubber mat during practice."

1 of 21 passes for 111 yards

holy shit how did he... but then...

Milchjon

Im going to try and go 30 days being nothing but nice to you Gata.

How are you this morning?

champagne_yeah_gif.gif

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Specifics of #Dolphins TE Dustin Keller's knee injury are not good: Torn ACL, PCL, MCL, dislocated knee cap

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
To add to the woes for Dustin Keller (torn ACL, MCL, PCL, dislocated knee cap), @ArmandoSalguero says docs fear nerve damage. Scary.

MechDX

Good morning Mech. I hope Schaub has a long and healthy season and then signs a lifelong contract with the Texans.

You cant bait me gata. You're just being a little scamp and I find it adorable.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 54m
Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.

wow

So bummed about Keller. I'm not mad at Swearinger, the hit was clearly legal or whatever, but I sure do wish he would have aimed a little higher.

I wonder if this will be bad enough to be career ending? Preseason injuries are the worst.

When you're going 110 MPH Gamespeed you can't just decide split second Fallout V.A.T.S. style whether you're going to hit the offensive player in the legs or helmet. The job of the defensive player is to prevent/tackle the offensive player from gaining any yards or the ball to being with. As a defender you have to do that by any means necessary (sans facemask) or you should play another sport.

Brother James Harrison preaching the defensive gospel to his own fucking coach on Hard Knocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNx5gyEwa8&t=15m0s

From the video the Texans DB went more for the waist/thigh and Dustin Keller just landed awkwardly. Shit happens man, its football.

but why are you leading with your helmet in the first place? do you know how badly you can fuck your neck up with your head down and just launching yourself into someone? it is stupid and has the potential to be a bad situation for BOTH players. i know there are times where that's just how it happens but to say there are no other options than to drive your helmet head first into someones knee isn't true

MechDX

but why are you leading with your helmet in the first place? do you know how badly you can fuck your neck up with your head down and just launching yourself into someone? it is stupid and has the potential to be a bad situation for BOTH players. i know there are times where that's just how it happens but to say there are no other options than to drive your helmet head first into someones knee isn't true

If you watch the gif he wasn't leading with his helmet though. You can clearly see him duck his right shoulder and lead with that. I still say it wasn't cheap and meant no malice but he didn't wrap up either which bothers me.

squicken

Keller is one of those injuries that really hurts his team. I'm not trying to be cruel, but most injuries the guy will be back or was a role player and the team can manage. Keller seemed like he was going to have a really big role on that team. Working underneath while Wallace cleared things out. It's a horrible blow for the guy but also really hurts the Phins, who didn't need more adversity on offense

Top Bottom