• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Hunter S.

Updates on Bailey and Welker. Tebow still blesses the broncos with not so bad news. Amen.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey is dealing with a serious foot sprain, according to a source informed of his injury. That's not ideal, but Bailey avoided a fracture or tear, as some feared. He faces a recovery time of several weeks, according to the source.

UPDATE: The Broncos also announced that Wes Welker suffered a mild right ankle sprain against the Seahawks. He should be fine for the opener.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cos-champ-bailey-wes-welker-have-foot-sprains

I wish I could have joined the shirtless league.

Spinluck

Updates on Bailey and Welker. Tebow still blesses the broncos with not so bad news. Amen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...cos-champ-bailey-wes-welker-have-foot-sprains

I wish I could have joined the shirtless league.

Good news, I think Champ is gonna have a shit year though. Last year in the playoffs was just the beginning imo. Forget the blown Moore play, he was shit that entire game.

I don't think Fleener is playing tonight, I read that Allen practiced without the boot, I really hope we see him soon [Allen].

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Had a steal of a pick with Trent Richardson at the #2 overall pick.

Really though you can't pass up Trent Truck when he drops to you at #2.

Hunter S.

Good news, I think Champ is gonna have a shit year though. Last year in the playoffs was just the beginning imo. Forget the blown Moore play, he was shit that entire game.

I don't think Fleener is playing tonight, I read that Allen practiced without the boot, I really hope we see him soon [Allen].
He certainly will not be in his prime. But, the only game he was owned by an opposing offense last year was that playoff game. He has intercepted a lot less balls for years now. So yeah he has slowed down some. But, he still rarely gets penalties and is the most vicious tackling cornerback you will ever see.

If DRC finally plays well in this defense there is not an incredible worry it the CB position even if Bailey slows down a lot. The position is pretty strong there.

Hunter S.

Double post. Praise Tebow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
There's no indication he won't start. But he hasn't been practicing and it isn't getting better. Needing injections when he isn't even practicing is what is scary

I believe the pain in the legs is from some sort of complication from back injections, not his back itself.

squicken

Ah McClain didn't clarify that. Made it seem like it was the back issue causing it, not the injections

I believe the pain in the legs is from some sort of complication from back injections, not his back itself.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Kubiak said Foster has back pain that's gone into his legs. I don't think he'll play in preseason.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
If I'm Kubiak and Arian Foster has a back injury that's requiring injections and feeling pain in legs, I'm worried about him for opener.

Godslay

Banned
Huh, I always thought Heavy was a Broncos fan.

I'm pretty sure he was a Tebow fan, so this year he's a Pats fan.

damn id love to be in a league where trent goes 2nd and gronk goes 9th, that's easy money

Dutch is pretty good at letting just about anybody play, and he probably would have let you in as well. But we know about your character issues, as well as failing the fantasy wonderlic .

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Maybe try to make the tackle in the torso area? Maybe don't aim at someone's legs with your helmet? If your only choice to tackle someone was going for their knees with your helmet then everyone would be injured.

And the sad thing is someday swearinger is going to potentially fuck himself up much worse by tackling that way

If you watch the gif he wasn't leading with his helmet though. You can clearly see him duck his right shoulder and lead with that. I still say it wasn't cheap and meant no malice but he didn't wrap up either which bothers me.

if you watch the replay he clearly hits him mid thigh. Pretty clean IMO.

Back from Pittsburgh in time for the game. Out for the Giants:

OUT: Jernigan, Collins, Webster, Thomas, Antrel Rolle, Cooper Taylor, Da'Rel Scott, Hynoski, DeGeare, Kuhn, Moore, JPP + Donnell

Hakeem Nicks will play finally. As will Justin Pugh. Oh and Justin Tuck.

I mean, they could conceivably cut both. Special teams will probably factor in.
Green plays ST and Starks doesn't but Franklin has made Green a bit redundant.
I'm not sure how much impact Franklin will make year 1.

Neither one can pickup the blitz.

Thought Starks makes more sense. If he plays well they could try to deal him.

Green plays ST and Starks doesn't but Franklin has made Green a bit redundant.
I'm not sure how much impact Franklin will make year 1.

Neither one can pickup the blitz.

Thought Starks makes more sense. If he plays well they could try to deal him.
Starks is ok at blitz pickup, as evidenced by the fact that they kept asking him to do it last year. From his in-game performance, one presumes he shows better in practice than on the field.

Starks definitely has better measurables. But nobody's going to deal for either guy. Though maybe an arena league team will try to swing something.

Bread

Banned
I'm pretty sure he was a Tebow fan, so this year he's a Pats fan.

Dutch is pretty good at letting just about anybody play, and he probably would have let you in as well. But we know about your character issues, as well as failing the fantasy wonderlic .
good thing we all know the fantasy wonderlic is worthless.

i was born shirtless, motherfucker.

effzee

I just don't get how the pass interference call is not fixed yet. Should be a 20 yard penalty at most. Such a bail out call.

effzee

chuckd can we move the draft time up? Keep it same day but maybe around 3pm? Have a wedding to attend that evening and will most likely be out of the house by 6.

Top Bottom