• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He just didn't know what he was doing in FA.

"I have shit at defensive tackle for the third year in a row. Mike Tolbert's available!?"

Well Beason and Johnson seemed liked good signings at the time. But still, someone pointed out today that Scam is the only player left from Carolina's 2011 draft.

Carolina better pray that they can force a lot of turnovers because trying to turn Cam into a pocket QB is obviously not working. He's going to get sacked so fucking much this year.

Talon

Well Beason and Johnson seemed liked good signings at the time. But still, someone pointed out today that Scam is the only player left from Carolina's 2011 draft.
I think I'm misunderstanding what you're posting, but Beason and Johnson were both draft picks.

Carolina's becoming another 2003-2007 Saints situation. Good talent on the team, but a hilariously inept coaching staff.

LJ11

Few of the Bills draft guys loved Williams, garbage sack but he's a big boy with low center. Interested in seeing him develop.

Doorman

Hey other Lions people, out of curiosity was there any reason said why Leshoure hasn't played at all tonight? I don't recall hearing about any injuries or anything, or has Joique Bell just been outproducing him in camp?

squicken

Carolina better pray that they can force a lot of turnovers because trying to turn Cam into a pocket QB is obviously not working. He's going to get sacked so fucking much this year.

Such a waste. SEA rolls Russ out or run PA on every throw. Why not use that threat with Cam?

The only thing that worries me is the oline. If Gronk comes back healthy he can help a tiny bit, but the offensive line has to get their shit together. Front 7 looks great tonight getting pressure, and making plays. They still can't cover anyone, but if they can get consistent pressure on the QB it should help a lot. I really like Talib at corner. He isn't the best corner, but at least he can make some plays and is generally playing good coverage.

Oline looked even worse last year during the pre-season. They will get it together. We need a consistent performance from the WRs and have them all step up, can't throw to Thompkins every play.

Edit: Carolina bros, I'll trade you Brandon Spikes for Kuechly.

Hey other Lions people, out of curiosity was there any reason said why Leshoure hasn't played at all tonight? I don't recall hearing about any injuries or anything, or has Joique Bell just been outproducing him in camp?
.......he's just not that good anymore...

LJ11

Such a waste. SEA rolls Russ out or run PA on every throw. Why not use that threat with Cam?
Shulas not about that life.

Drive concept over and over again this game. Newton has checked to the cross or watched his WR drop the dig, though he short hopped one earlier.

Talon

I understand it. Shula's biggest task is getting Cam to keep his front foot forward. He gets lazy and unnecessarily throws flat footed way too often - I would venture to guess that a lot of his deep balls that sail are a result of that. Keep him in the pocket to force him to throw in rhythm.

DSmalls84

Assuming he can keep playing like he has been and fends off Dobson for the starting job opposite Amendola, I think Thompkins should be able to meet or exceed Brandon Lloyd's 74/911/4 statline from last year. Late round steal in fantasy.

Yeah that's the biggest question I have at this point. I have been stashing Emmanuel Sanders for WR depth, but was thinking of dropping him for Thompkins. The only thing that has stopped me is that Sanders already is the established #2.

Bread

Banned
Assuming he can keep playing like he has been and fends off Dobson for the starting job opposite Amendola, I think Thompkins should be able to meet or exceed Brandon Lloyd's 74/911/4 statline from last year. Late round steal in fantasy.
thompkins isn't sliding to the late rounds, he's pretty well known now in the fantasy world

TheFatOne

Oline looked even worse last year during the pre-season. They will get it together. We need a consistent performance from the WRs and have them all step up, can't throw to Thompkins every play.

Edit: Carolina bros, I'll trade you Brandon Spikes for Kuechly.

Fair point. I think part of the inconstancy from the receivers today was the oline.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think I'm misunderstanding what you're posting, but Beason and Johnson were both draft picks.

Carolina's becoming another 2003-2007 Saints situation. Good talent on the team, but a hilariously inept coaching staff.

I could have sworn Beason was an FA, but it might be because all I ever hear about him is how that contract backfired due to his injury. Thats usually something that happens with FAs. I don't keep up with Carolina much other than when they are on TV and nothing else is on, like tonight.

As far as 2003-2007 New Orleans....you're mixing two eras here, Haslett was fired after the Katrina season and SP took over in the 05/06 season. Haslett was a decent coach but there wasn't a ton of talent on that team. The Smilin' Turnover Aaron Brooks was QB, the receivers were Pathon, Joe Horn and draft bust Donte Stallworth. Horn was pretty good, but Pathon would drop balls even if his hands were made of glue, and you know about Stallworth. Deuce was good. The D was solid but this was also the time that Tom Benson would not pay to keep talent once they got too expensive. Usually that paid off but the Saints didn't have people ready to take over for a LaRoi Glover, Kyle Turley or Willie Roaf when they went elsewhere.

WedgeX

Banned

Word from camp has been: Bush looking amazing. Bell continuing to do great and have the same skillset as Bush which is perfect for the inevitable Bush injury. Riddick and Chapas doing fine, Chapas as blocker and Riddick being speedy. Leshoure reportedly has been sure-handed, but slow and not really wowing like he was prior to the achilles injury. But he's got good strong legs, and might just show up some games. Have Chapas or Riddick gotten any reps in?

rando14

Fuck the Oline Fuck WR's (beside Torrey) Fuck RR Fuck BP30 Fuck Leech......

AND FUCK YOU FLACCO YOU 120 MILLION DOLLAR FRAUD

image.php

Ben Affleck is Batman!? Lol. Fat Val Kilmer is more credible
Affleck?

igPdoFVOSynSO.gif

If he were directing the movie I'd be excited. Playing Batman? Shit, II still can't unsee him being the dude from Chasing Amy. Much less him playing Batman. Oh and Daredevil being trash doesn't help.

TheFatOne

Affleck?

igPdoFVOSynSO.gif

If he were directing the movie I'd be excited. I still can't unsee him being the dude from Chasing Amy. Much less him playing Batman. Oh and Daredevil being trash doesn't help.

Thank you for reminding me about that piece of shit daredevil. It really sucks that after a couple of good Batman movies there is a real possibility that the next couple will be complete garbage.

Idk after seeing Argo I could see it......but maybe that's just me.......

Up until you remember he was Daredevil

MechDX

Affleck?? Lol DC you are killing me! Should have borrowed Marvels truck they used to take the bank vault to RDJ to give to Bale

Thank you for reminding me about that piece of shit daredevil. It really sucks that after a couple of good Batman movies there is a real possibility that the next couple will be complete garbage.
It's terrible, yeah. The fact that they made an Elektra spin-off movie that was /worse/ still blows my mind!

Top Bottom