• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

So is it safe to assume he wins the starting job? I know his numbers weren't that great the last few games, but it still seems like he has outperformed Dobson each week.

Edit: By last few games I mean preseason games 1/2 not 3.

Unless something drastically wrong happens, Thompkins will be the WR2.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Caplan is reporting the Steelers have traded second-year outside linebacker Adrian Robinson to the Eagles for running back Felix Jones.

Welp. See you next year, Le'Veon.

rors'suicideguy.gif

Bowser

rors'suicideguy.gif

tumblr_llu3r7r1nt1qa7yizo1_500.gif

DSmalls84

So looks like the Steelers will be passing a ton this year. None of their RBs have been that impressive the last few years and they don't seem to stay on the field. Unlike that tough bastard Big Ben who gets carted off the field only to come running back out a quarter later.

Too bad you don't have a receiver who can get it to him.

Eagles fans tell me of this new running back.

He gets hurt all the time and hasnt looked good at all this preseason. He started as 4th on the depth chart and looked to be moving even further down. He was 100% a lock to be cut after the game against the Jags. He did play well for the Cowboys before getting hurt a bunch though.

gutshot

Too bad you don't have a receiver who can get it to him.

Eagles fans tell me of this new running back.

He's got nothing left. No burst, no acceleration. A shell of his former self, and he wasn't that great to begin with.

ETA: Felix Jones is only 26? Wow.

Top 3 offense? We forced 4 turnovers and failed to capitalize on most of them. I don't care if CJ is out--a good offense puts points on the board. Stafford is apparently regressing, missing wide open receivers. Where is this "top 3" coming from?

Just a disclaimer for new fans: Kastrioti in no way represents most Lions fans.

Yeah that's Heavy's job! 1800 or bust!

That reminds me. Did a mock draft for my league yesterday

QB RG3
RB Ray Rice
RB Reggie Bush
WR Roddy White
WR Mike Williams
WR Chris Givens
TE Gronk
DEF Baltimore
K Zuerlein

BN Jay Cutler
BN Atlanta DEF
BN Heath Miller
BN I forget but some other doods

Thoughts?

DSmalls84

Yeah that's Heavy's job! 1800 or bust!

That reminds me. Did a mock draft for my league yesterday

QB RG3
RB Ray Rice
RB Reggie Bush
WR Roddy White
WR Mike Williams
WR Chris Givens
TE Gronk
DEF Baltimore
K Zuerlein

BN Jay Cutler
BN Atlanta DEF
BN I forget but some other doods

Thoughts?

Looks good but I would probably pick a better second WR in the 4/5 round instead of Gronk. Outside of the top 4-5 TEs available there are a lot of late round value picks this year (Finley, Brandon Myers, Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates.) All of these guys can be had with an 8th round pick or higher and should put up decent production. I'm assuming you are in a 12 man standard league. Also you might want to get a little bit better back up if you plan on rolling with RG3 this year. One of the guys in my league used Cutler for a few years and absolutely would not not pick him this year as a fantasy QB.

Edit: Depending on your league a mock draft might not even come close to replicating your draft day experience either. In my league Matt Ryan came off the board with the 6th overall pick...ahead of Aaron Rodgers...sigh. Granted I was more than happy to take Ray Rice and Marshawn Lynch in the second round...but expect weird things to happen if you draft with friends.

LevelNth

Banned
Ok Packer fans, tell me about how you're feeling about Lacy. Is he really going to be the guy? He's looked damn good so far, and even though you guys will still pass a ton McCarthy doesn't hate running.

What kind of stats do you think Lacy is looking at? Is he going to be the new goal line guy over Kuhn? Is Franklin a factor?

600-800 and 8 TD's? Is double digit TD's a possibility?

bionic77

He will be fine. Steelers perennially have a great O Line so he should do well.
Fuck you.

I just saw it was Jones. I read some other name on the phone while I was browsing in the parking lot. I only remember a few good games form Jones but nothing after that.

Eagles fans telling me he is done is not a good sign. RBs have a pretty short half life...

eznark

Banned
Ok Packer fans, tell me about how you're feeling about Lacy. Is he really going to be the guy? He's looked damn good so far, and even though you guys will still pass a ton McCarthy doesn't hate running.

What kind of stats do you think Lacy is looking at? Is he going to be the new goal line guy over Kuhn? Is Franklin a factor?

Franklin has been abysmal. Like, "if he were drafted a round later he would be cut" awful.

Not sure what "be the guy" means to you. He'll be used in conjunction with DaJuan Harris and really, it all depends on how well he performs in pass pro. If he can pick up blocks he will pick up carries. If not, he'll be a guy who gets to run it once a series. I think 800 yards is a stretch. I'd say high water mark of 750 or so. I'd say 20% chance of double digit touchdowns.

Colasante

Franklin has been abysmal. Like, "if he were drafted a round later he would be cut" awful.

That's very interesting. I remember the week or so before the draft Franklin hype suddenly shot through the roof and I frequently saw him being called the next Frank Gore and many draftniks claiming he should be the first running back taken.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...s-a-lot-of-his-speeches-didnt-even-make-sense

Lol Watch out Joe, Ray Lewis coming for youuuu. Ray Lewis's Speeches the ramblings of a mad man? who would have thought?

This is hilarious. "I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense. He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time."

Not sure what "be the guy" means to you. He'll be used in conjunction with DaJuan Harris and really, it all depends on how well he performs in pass pro. If he can pick up blocks he will pick up carries. If not, he'll be a guy who gets to run it once a series. I think 800 yards is a stretch. I'd say high water mark of 750 or so. I'd say 20% chance of double digit touchdowns.

Only reason I'd be hesitant about the number is because I'm not sure about his durability and because I have no faith in the O Line.

I'm confident he's going to be the primary guy . His talent level is beyond anyone else on the team imo. As you mentioned the type of rusher the Packers need is typically the one that doesn't actually rush, but pass blocks well, but it's not like we have any great ones. Is Dujuan any good? I think his running ability means they'll overlook some growing pains. And depending on how shitty the line is in pass pro this year, we may be relying on him a lot more for rushing anyway.

LevelNth

Banned

Apologies but you pretty much guessed my meaning anyways. I meant it in terms of being the go-to 1st and 2nd down RB with Harris or Franklin as no more than change of pace backups.

Plus I just read that Lacy is even lining up beside Rodgers in the shotgun and taking passes occasionally, so I was wondering if 3rd down work looked like a possibility as well.

It seems like he has some serious upside.

Surprised they didnt wait for the Eagles to cut him. No way was he surviving the 1st cut.

Robinson probably would have been cut too so it's a wash.

rors'suicideguy.gif

Tomlin said yesterday the injury wasn't that serious. This makes no sense.

My guess is Baron Batch gets cut. Felix may be washed up but he can surely run some, which is way better than Baron Batch's none .

Greg

Health concerns aside, I'm going all in :kas on Lacy despite only seeing him carry a few times and catch one pass in an actual game.

I'm interested in seeing how DuJuan looks tonight though. His potential isn't close to Lacy's, but I hope he shows a hell of a lot more than Starks/Green/Franklin have shown so far.

eznark

Banned
Apologies but you pretty much guessed my meaning anyways. I meant it in terms of being the go-to 1st and 2nd down RB with Harris or Franklin as no more than change of pace backups.

Plus I just read that Lacy is even lining up beside Rodgers in the shotgun and taking passes occasionally, so I was wondering if 3rd down work looked like a possibility as well.

It seems like he has some serious upside.

Nah, they just don't want it to be a situation like with the backs last year where you knew with 90% certainty the type of play depending on the RB personnel.

My biggest concern is durability as well. If you put a gun to my head and told me to make a prediction I'd say 630 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving (most of which will come on a few big screen plays) and 8 touchdowns combined.

Top Bottom