• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Rex is in win or lose his job mode.

He wants to win. If his team improves this year they will have something like 60 million in free cap room next year to acquire talent. If they can make the playoffs this year or have a good looking team they could win it all next year with a good draft and some free agent pickups.

:kas alt?

Whatever Felix Jones does is bonus, As Adrian Robinson was out of practice squad eligibility and wasnt likely to make the team imo anyways. Now the RB sitation is curious. Does this mean Batch is gone? maybe Redman or Dywer?

Wait, Bell could be done for the year. I thought they were saying 6-8 weeks

The word is Bell does not have a lisfranc injury - just a mid foot sprain.

Felix Jones is probably just a camp body. They gave up a cut to get a cut.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Somewhere, Deac picks up a lone tear that escaped his cold, dark soul.

I've made a quick gif of the end bit:

sr4k0zv5.gif

Tom Penny

Rex is in win or lose his job mode.

He wants to win. If his team improves this year they will have something like 60 million in free cap room next year to acquire talent. If they can make the playoffs this year or have a good looking team they could win it all next year with a good draft and some free agent pickups.

In other words Rex will be out of a job...

gutshot

This doesn't make any sense. QBs don't pitch it in a read-option offense. This isn't an old school option. And the mesh happens 5-7 yards behind the line and immediately after the snap. How is a defender going to get to that point quickly enough that they are going to be able to legally hit the QB? The RB will already be long gone with the ball, and if they hit the QB then, they'll be flagged.

squicken

Dear God this is really, really sad

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/08/jason_jones_on_detroit_lions_d.html

Jason Jones had two words to describe the Detroit Lions' demolition of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots on Thursday.

"Mission accomplished," he said.

Detroit features one of the NFL's most feared defensive lines, and it torpedoed the Patriots' offensive line en route to a commanding 40-9 preseason win at Ford Field.

Jones had three tackles for loss, including two sacks of Brady. Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh and Willie Young each hit the future Hall-of-Famer as well.

And that turned out to be key. Brady completed 13-of-16 passes without pressure, but just 3-of-8 when pressured. And the pressure came on 10 of his 26 dropbacks.

He was 16-of-24 passing overall, after misfiring on just one pass in each of his first two games.

"They have a great front," Brady said. "I mean, they have some guys that can really rush the quarterback and put a lot of pressure on the ball.

"You're not going to have time to sit back there an survey the field the whole time. They have guys that can rush the quarterback, that are disruptive in the run game, in the pass game. It's never been easy against the Lions."

Jones said the line was trying to send a message. As he said, mission accomplished.

"Everyone's eye was on the Patriots, not us," he said. "But it's cool. We did our thing.

"Watching the game, people can see what kind of talent we have on the defensive line. And man, we're not even playing with (safety Louis) Delmas right now. He's going to add another dimension to our team."

Delmas, troubled by a sore left knee, made his preseason debut against New England. He played two series, and came up with one fumble recovery.

The starting unit forced four turnovers overall, clearly taking New England out of its rhythm. And that disruption started up front with Jones, Suh and Fairley.

"They are doing a hell of a job," Suh said of Jones and end Israel Idonije. "I told J.J. when he got his second sack that I had a double team. But the thing is, that's beautiful, because I get to watch him make the play because I am pushing two guys back and he is right in my field of vision.

"It is something beautiful to see. That gives me opportunities for sacks. We are going to meet at the quarterback."

ChanHuk

Banned
Eh I'll keep trying, I've come to my senses that although I love the hospital/system I'm apart of, I truly want to work for Kaiser (so does every other peon like me), assholes rejected me twice now. This time I didn't get an in person interview, oh wells.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll never understand this. It's PRESEASON. It means nothing. Schwartz is such a fool if he had the team hyped up for this. All eyes should be on Minnesota on opening day--nothing else.

Speaking of gophers, has anyone seen slo or BE? The season is almost here, show yourselves!

squicken

I'll never understand this. It's PRESEASON. It means nothing. Schwartz is such a fool if he had the team hyped up for this. All eyes should be on Minnesota on opening day--nothing else.

Are Schwartz and Mayhew joined at the hip? Can't see a reason to like Schwartz, but what about Mayhew? My distant view of it is that he gambles too much on guys who are bad apples. Not that anyone could have seen Titus going completely nuts, but he had lots issues in HS and college. Broyles is just bad luck, but all those draft picks and there still is no WR2. Still can't run the ball, but is that coaching? We saw with SF what a good coach could do with an underachieving roster

cdyhybrid

Jason Jones still has his swagger from his time with the Seahawks. He must have momentarily forgotten that he was playing for the Lions in the preaseason.

Eh I'll keep trying, I've come to my senses that although I love the hospital/system I'm apart of, I truly want to work for Kaiser (so does every other peon like me), assholes rejected me twice now. This time I didn't get an in person interview, oh wells.

My wife works for kaiser. I love the free healthcare!

Isn't Batch a media guy now? I thought I read that when he came out and said Ben lost his audible privileges (along with riding motorcycles and being alone with obese sorority chicks).

They mean Baron Batch, small, young RB who they liked as a 3rd down RB but has yet to provide any spark with the chances he's gotten.

Top Bottom