• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Someone unlock the tacos using the Bucs, Freeman photoshops await!

t2aCW3S.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ESPN's NFC West blog record predictions:

Arizona Cardinals season prediction: 7-9
St. Louis Rams season prediction: 9-7
San Francisco 49ers season prediction: 10-6
Seattle Seahawks season prediction: 12-4
Mike Sando vs Skip Bayless!

XiaNaphryz

Is there a site anywhere that has compiled various sports record predictions over hte years and their accuracy versus how things actually turned out? Since this sort of prediction thing has thing has been done for decades now it would be interesting to see.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Ziggy Ansah hasn't appeared at a practice since apparently getting a concussion and didn't show up at the kickoff luncheon today (insert Matt Stafford joke here), either.

Not a good sign. To top it off, he got the concussion during practice on a hit by a backup.

Trasher

So Ziggy Ansah hasn't appeared at a practice since apparently getting a concussion and didn't show up at the kickoff luncheon today (insert Matt Stafford joke here), either.

Not a good sign. To top it off, he got the concussion during practice on a hit by a backup.

Yeah...not too thrilled about this. Concussions apparently are our bane.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah...not too thrilled about this. Concussions apparently are our bane.

The thing that really bothers me is that type of crap shouldn't be happening at a team PRACTICE. Nobody should be hitting helmet-to-helmet at that point.

Bowser

38 wins for the division would be insane. All of those predictions look pretty optimistic except for maybe the Niners.

ESPN's predictions are retarded. Here's the NFC South:

Atlanta 11-5
New Orleans 9-7
Carolina 9-7
Tampa Bay 9-7

lol ok. So that's two NFC divisions with 38 wins apiece. Yeah, right.

XiaNaphryz

The thing that really bothers me is that type of crap shouldn't be happening at a team PRACTICE. Nobody should be hitting helmet-to-helmet at that point.

Did they actually say it was a helmet to helmet hit? Could be caused by incidental contact or even a rough landing on the ground if they went down awkwardly.

bionic77

What is the Broncos problems with having a giant picture of Flacco on the outside of their stadium?

I would want my entire team reminded everyday of the fact that they choked to a unibrowed fraud by giving up that huge TD at the end of regulation. What better motivation to have for the start of the season?

Even though it was the NFLs call I would support the Steelers shaming the team after every loss and prior to a playoff game by putting up a huge banner of the opposing qb with a question underneath of whether or not the Steelers had it in their balls to take down such a juggernaut.

squicken

ESPN's record predictions aren't zero summed. They are just the guesses of the individual bloggers covering the teams. I'm not going to do the math, but it seems like the NFL will be a combined 40 games over .500

Guess team bloggers wanted to establish their homerism on day 1

bionic77

The 2DS is ugly but I expect it to sell like hotcakes.

also regarding the 2DS, wat.
Its not hard to understand. There are more poors than good people in this country and worldwide. The way to appeal to poors is to make things cheap or call it a taco. I don't think it would be legal to call a game console a taco because some poor SNES would choke on it, so Nintendo made a poor version of their amazingly awesome handheld.

Should sell really well regardless of quality of how it looks. For most people it comes down to price.

effzee

Just got back from the docs.

Another Eagles fan on the way! 3 months already completed whoo I don't feel no pains none at all!

I'm so fucking excited!

squicken

Name one that isn't about USC- Stanford

Rams and Cards must really fill the seats

The NFCW has been bad for so long, there's hardly been one good team in the division. First time in a long time that there are two teams that are contenders. I think you can see from the vitriol with SEA and SF fans that there was a lot of people just waiting for the teams to give them something to cheer for

It's not like Atlanta where the Braves are usually good and no one there cares

Another Eagles fan on the way! 3 months already completed whoo I don't feel no pains none at all!

I'm so fucking excited!
You make it hard to congratulate when you tell me there's going to be another Eagles fan in he world but well, congrats anyways.:)

Talon

The NFCW has been bad for so long, there's hardly been one good team in the division. First time in a long time that there are two teams that are contenders. I think you can see from the vitriol with SEA and SF fans that there was a lot of people just waiting for the teams to give them something to cheer for

Hey, man. We really fucking care this year.

Fox318

Most Braves fans are from northern Florida anyway. Atlanta is a shit sports town and everybody knows that.

bionic77

I thought you would be happy that Nintendo made a handheld for your age group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBmQMyYDBk

I'm so fucking excited!
Hopefully your mom or mother in law is around to help take care of the baby. We don't have that luxury and I am jelly of my friends who have a lot of family to help out. Even a few hours is a blessing.

Though honestly one kid doesn't seem like much of a challenge at all.

effzee

Thanks everyone!

First baby so any advice from experienced parents is appreciated. Find out if its a boy or girl in about 4 weeks.

And Bio I already got my mom hired for future baby sitting and smothering duties.

Saw the ultrasound and all sorts of feels came over. Baby looked like an alien though from the front view. Profile view looked like a normal cute baby.

JABEE

Belichick and Kraft are criminals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-goes-hard-on-patriots-handling-of-hernandez/

Specifically, coach Bill Belichick is blamed for replacing the team’s security chief, a former Massachusetts state trooper named Frank Mendes, with Mark Briggs, a Brit whose background was in providing security for Wembley Stadium. The story suggests that if the Patriots had kept Mendes, they would have known a lot more about Hernandez’s dealings with what Rolling Stone describes as “thugs” and “stone-cold gangsters.”

Rolling Stone also goes hard on Patriots owner Robert Kraft, calling his claim that he was duped “arrant nonsense.” According to Rolling Stone‘s reporting, Hernandez was regularly using illegal drugs, hanging out with criminals and getting mixed up in so many bad situations that the only way the Patriots wouldn’t have known is if they didn’t want to know.

I need to read that Rolling Stone article. It sounds like Belichick was covering up for his star player.

Thanks everyone!

First baby so any advice from experienced parents is appreciated. Find out if its a boy or girl in about 4 weeks.

And Bio I already got my mom hired for future baby sitting and smothering duties.

Saw the ultrasound and all sorts of feels came over. Baby looked like an alien though from the front view. Profile view looked like a normal cute baby.

Start mourning your life as it exists today now that way it won't be quite as hard to let it go later.:D

Having kids is great! .......most of the time.

Milchjon

New England Patriots cut CB Ras-I Dowling. 33rd overall pick in the 2011 draft. What a fucking bust.

The fuck

Belichick and Kraft are criminals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-goes-hard-on-patriots-handling-of-hernandez/

I need to read that Rolling Stone article. It sounds like Belichick was covering up for his star player.

Fucking Brits ruin everything.

Although this kind of makes me wonder what kind of cover ups are going on regularly in the league.

Top Bottom