• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Lunchbox

Banned
Just because I said I would trade our entire roster (this was pre-Black Jesus, mind you) for Tom Terrific doesn't mean my Redskin fanhood is in question.

bionic would give his entire roster, his life savings and his camry for brady. after all he named his kid after tom

no shame in that

I do feel bad for the Cards fans. There seemed to be some good buzz building, but losing Cooper is such a killer, Housler isn't a 100%, and I've heard Levi Brown is looking shaky at tackle

It's rough because I was genuinely excited. I mean we weren't contenders obviously but it was going to be leaps and bounds better than last season, a good step forward and a lot more fun to watch. We'll still likely be better and have some fun moments but now 9-7 looks a lot more like 6 or 7 wins at best, worse if anyone else gets injured. That said, Palmer is just a band-aid that really puts us closer to being a treadmill team like Dallas so part of me knows it would be much better for the franchise if we are a bottom feeder and have a shot at Teddy, Clowney, or the top LT in the draft. Don't worry, I'll still talk shit and trick myself into thinking we are wildcard contenders until we've lost 3 or so in a row! We're still taking down the Lambs in Week 1!

bionic would give his entire roster, his life savings and his camry for brady. after all he named his kid after tom

no shame in that
Right roster, wrong QB

It's rough because I was genuinely excited. I mean we weren't contenders obviously but it was going to be leaps and bounds better than last season, a good step forward and a lot more fun to watch. We'll still likely be better and have some fun moments but now 9-7 looks a lot more like 6 or 7 wins at best, worse if anyone else gets injured. That said, Palmer is just a band-aid that really puts us closer to being a treadmill team like Dallas so part of me knows it would be much better for the franchise if we are a bottom feeder and have a shot at Teddy, Clowney, or the top LT in the draft. Don't worry, I'll still talk shit and trick myself into thinking we are wildcard contenders until we've lost 3 or so in a row! We're still taking down the Lambs in Week 1!

Right roster, wrong QB

you should still be excited for the cards. they do play in the toughest division in football but you can't count out any team before week 1. arians showed last year that he could really get the most out of an average/below average team. the colts had NO BUSINESS making the playoffs or even finishing .500. of course andrew luck had something to do with that but i wouldn't call andrew lucks season incredible by NFL standards. it was a really good season by ROOKIE standards but nothing more.

its difficult to pinpoint one non-QB in the NFL these days that can turn you from a playoff team into absolute garbage if he were injured. sucks about cooper but i would expect the cards to adapt and i think they will be a real pain in the ass for people this year

squicken

if we are a bottom feeder and have a shot at Teddy, Clowney, or the top LT in the draft. Don't worry, I'll still talk shit and trick myself into thinking we are wildcard contenders until we've lost 3 or so in a row! We're still taking down the Lambs in Week 1!

It really does suck when you know you have to bottom out to have a chance for future contention. Cards will be too good for that, but there are some intriguing guys in the 2014 draft at QB, though I'm not sure how many would work in Arians' system. He is about as anti-running QB as anyone I have heard

you should still be excited for the cards. they do play in the toughest division in football but you can't count out any team before week 1. arians showed last year that he could really get the most out of an average/below average team. the colts had NO BUSINESS making the playoffs or even finishing .500. of course andrew luck had something to do with that but i wouldn't call andrew lucks season incredible by NFL standards. it was a really good season by ROOKIE standards but nothing more.

its difficult to pinpoint one non-QB in the NFL these days that can turn you from a playoff team into absolute garbage if he were injured. sucks about cooper but i would expect the cards to adapt and i think they will be a real pain in the ass for people this year

It really does suck when you know you have to bottom out to have a chance for future contention. Cards will be too good for that, but there are some intriguing guys in the 2014 draft at QB, though I'm not sure how many would work in Arians' system. He is about as anti-running QB as anyone I have heard

Of course, our D will still be great, we still have a much better QB than last year and I expect Floyd to have a break out year so we will still win games and play division rivals tough. I'm just saying I felt we had a shot at the playoffs before but now we'll just be that pesky team that will beat you if you sleep on us. I'm still excited for the season because it's fucking football! I'm still going to all the home games, I'll still lose my voice in the first quarter and I'll still hope we win every game. I'm just being practical before the season begins and my emotions kick in. We have a pretty tough schedule this year and play in the toughest division in the league. We need all men on deck. Colts have one team in their division that doesn't blow (sorry Gator) and play in the Least conference. Different situation but I'm loving Keim and I like what I've seen from Arians so far so I'm optimistic for the future!

WedgeX

Banned
Best had that at Cal. Was always a risk.

Wouldn't worry about it for Reachsah.

Not sure if tired or concussed.

I rear ended a ho earliest and ayo imma Jahvid got mad concussions at Cal my Wedge no need worry seen?

Best string of posts by any NFL-gaffer in three months. The season is upon us!

It was helmet-to-helmet by a backup (Leroy Harris, I think).

Glad to see we were on the same page, although I was a few hours late (finally read back!).

Seriously, you scrubs need to join the Super Straggler league. The sooner we fill up the sooner you'll never have to hear about it again in this thread ;)

MechDX

:jnc there are 5 of us there already.

Bucket, Lunchbox, bionic, myself, and zaraki who is a jags fan iirc.

So we have a PBR drinking hipster, Michigan "rich boy", dirty lawyer, a pot head, a known assaulter of laptops and a non-gata Jags fan talking finance?

Epic thread!

From the college football thread, for a second there I thought the Bills got kicked out of the AFC East.

eMKGVSdl.jpg

The UB Bulls should be kicked out of NCAA completely.

Go Bulls

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ys-hes-not-slowing-down-knows-more-than-ever/

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is 70 years old, but he says he’s a long, long way from giving up total control of his team.

Jones, who also serves as the Cowboys’ general manager, told the Dallas Morning News that he’s better at running a football team now than he was when he bought the Cowboys a quarter of a century ago.

“I know more about what I’m doing than hopefully I did 25 years ago,” he said.

Jones said that he had a neurological exam that revealed he has the mind of a much younger man.

“I’ve been told that I have, by CAT scans, that it’s like the brain of a 40-year-old,” Jones said.

In fact, Jones claims that doctors are so impressed by his health that they want to meet him not because he owns the Cowboys, but simply because they’re not accustomed to seeing 70-year-old men in such good shape. He described one such encounter that happened recently.

“The guy really did not know it was me. I was there anonymously,” Jones said. “He said, ‘And so I just wanted to come down. I saw your chart. I know how old you are. That part is really impressive.’”

Others may not be impressed with Jones’s results as an owner and general manager, but Jones sounds impressed with his own health. And Jones believes he’ll be healthy enough to keep running the Cowboys for many years to come.

Jones has gone full blown, batshit insane. Almost feel bad for Cowboys fans.
not really!

Fox318

My favorite thing about Jacksonville is Ian Fleming writing about it in Live and Let Die. He was so fucking brutal in describing the town as nothing but a stop gate for the old to wither away and die.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ys-hes-not-slowing-down-knows-more-than-ever/

Jones has gone full blown, batshit insane. Almost feel bad for Cowboys fans.
not really!

Sometimes there is just not enough ether in the world... "Know what I'm doing now than 20 years ago?" Are you kidding me?!? How do you measure that Jerry? I don't see the Cowboys holding a trophy. And no, your giant electronic gerbil house does not count as one either. Did the Cowboys make the playoffs Jerry? Have they done ANYTHING in the last decade?! No, you pay Romo millions of dollars and expect him to become the next incarnation of Peyton Manning. Guess what Jerry? It wasn't Jessica Simpson that was jinxing your team. It was your quarterback! Even worse? He isn't actually that bad of a quarterback, but somehow the combination of him and that star on his helmet is some kind of black alchemy producing misfortune, failed field goal snaps and turnovers. The only reason we talk about your team Jerry is because you won't let us talk about anything else. Your team's the equivalent of a cancer: we want to forget about it, but can't. That's not something to be proud of Jerry. Cancer ain't cool. Neither is your team.

Top Bottom