• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

The Broncos and Jets deserved misery for their use of Tebow. But with the Pats, his mission wasn't even football. He purged them of Hernandez. He cured Gronk's arm STDs. He saved Brady from a leg amputation.

I thought that was enough, but then he went and healed the wounds of the league and its former players. He may have saved football that day. On field just didn't seem big enough for him anymore

JABEE

Amanda Tynes said:
The Bucs informed my husband via EMAIL that he will be placed on NFI. Wouldn't expect anything more from such a classy organization. #blkout

https://twitter.com/AmandaTynes9/status/373806408333922305

Looks like the Bucs have put Lawrence Tynes on the Non-football Injury list after he contracted a staph infection at the Buccaneers facilities.

Lawrence Tynes's wife does not appear to be happy about being told this through email while her husband is still very sick.

BigAT

First semi-surprise cut for the Giants, they have released safety Tyler Sash. Maybe not too shocking on merit, but with Will Hill suspended for the first four games of the season, the Giants right now will only have 3 safeties for their opener. I figured they would keep Sash for now just for positional need.

First semi-surprise cut for the Giants, they have released safety Tyler Sash. Maybe not too shocking on merit, but with Will Hill suspended for the first four games of the season, the Giants right now will only have 3 safeties for their opener. I figured they would keep Sash for now just for positional need.
They liked Cooper Taylor and he played himself onto the roster in that last game. More upside than Sash. I thought they would cut Hill over Sash though. I had him making the squad.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79101185&postcount=15424

More Giants cuts:

Charles James (like I said, I couldn't find a spot for just a PR. Practice Squad if he makes it through since the Giants did like him)
Matt McCants (he was awful)
Stephen Goodin
Ramses Barden
Matt Broha (likely practice squad if he's not picked up)

Green Bay probably just signed Vince Young to practice to defend the read option in practice. Tebow had some bad preseason games, like that -1 yard game. Interesting day of football to say the least.

Godslay

Banned
The Broncos and Jets deserved misery for their use of Tebow. But with the Pats, his mission wasn't even football. He purged them of Hernandez. He cured Gronk's arm STDs. He saved Brady from a leg amputation.

I thought that was enough, but then he went and healed the wounds of the league and its former players. He may have saved football that day. On field just didn't seem big enough for him anymore

Broncos never cut Tebow. The Broncos gave him his dream of being a first-round pick, let him be a starting QB in the NFL, made sure that he moved on in a dignified way, and we still appreciate the season he gave us!

The other two teams treated him like crap, benched him, cut him. They deserve the wrath!

Turnstile

Broncos never cut Tebow. The Broncos gave him his dream of being a first-round pick, let him be a starting QB in the NFL, made sure that he moved on in a dignified way, and we still appreciate the season he gave us!

The other two teams treated him like crap, benched him, cut him. They deserve the wrath!

Exactly.

The only other thing was the Tebow camp (I remember his brother spouting off) felt he was too good for Denver and play backup to Manning . They brought this sin upon themselves.

The penitent man KNEELS before Jeho.. Elway.

jbug617

Banned
I never thought I'd feel emotion over the release of a punter. I'm going to miss Zoltan.

He put out a statement.

First and foremost, I want to thank the New England Patriots for everything they have done for me. I have nothing but love in my heart as I depart this great organization. Mr. Kraft, the coaches, the strength staff, the trainers, the media personnel, the marketing department, the rest of the amazing staff members at Gillette, and especially my teammates…THANK YOU for all that you have given and have done for me. I want to say that I see the silver lining in things now more than ever, and am a true believer that things DO happen for a reason. This goes out to anyone that will ever come across a mere bump in the road; be thankful, be positive, because there’s a deeper purpose of WHY things happen that we may not yet, or may never come to understand. Just believe. I will miss New England, and more than anything, I’ll be missing the smiles on those kids whom I visited and acted like a goofball in front of. It was ALL worth it. God bless.

Slo

Slo!

You probably already left again, but I've been keeping the commemorative plate clean.

still boring

Vikes didn't resign JAllen, so he's in a contract year. He'll either blow up or fade out this year, so that plate may soon be a collector's item.

Furyous

RIP Tebow.

Nooooo!!!!

This is a miscarriage of justice. Here's why:

He threw for 316 yards against the Steelers two years ago.
The Broncos had the number one rush offense two years ago.
All he does is win.
The Patriots locker room needs his influence.
He has the greatest package of leadership intangibles Skip Baseless has ever seen.
We can't discount those fourth quarter miracles.
He signs autographs after practice.

I want the Cards to bring him in.
We need a team chaplain with a football pedigree to guide us through the sea of hard games. See what I did there?

Mods, I'm not trolling so please don't ban me. I'm pointing out
partying off
this fine young god fearing man has been mistreated.

He had that run two years ago and never started again.
Can we talk about real QBs now? I hope Kaep, Cam, Russell, RG3, and Ryan in Miami, receive the same promo push as the guy I just mentioned. All of these QBs are good and come through in the first three quarters.

Michael Robinson is a great fit for Arizona.

MechDX

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/undrafted-rookies-take-roster-spots/

Justin Tuggle

Another Texans rookie that got his chance to produce at training camp due to injuries in front of him. He started the first two preseason games at outside linebacker, then in the last game he was moved to inside linebacker. Tuggle has done what the coaches have asked of him and throw in some good hits on special teams, the team kept a good football player. Where he ends up position wise will still be decided but Tuggle is an impressive story. He was a quarterback at Boston College but then left after his freshman year to Blinn Junior College. There he took over for the departed Cam Newton and played quarterback for the Bucs. He went to Kansas State his junior season and realized that he would have no chance to play quarterback with Collin Klein putting together the seasons he was for the Wildcats. He asked Coach Bill Snyder to move to defense halfway through his junior season and he was a key piece for the Wildcat defense for 1 1/2 seasons.

With little defensive experience, Tuggle turned his time with the Texans into a spot on the final roster.

Damn.

Godslay

Banned
Exactly.

The only other thing was the Tebow camp (I remember his brother spouting off) felt he was too good for Denver and play backup to Manning . They brought this sin upon themselves.

The penitent man KNEELS before Jeho.. Elway.

From all I've heard Robby thinks he has Tebow's best interests in mind, but some say that he seems to work against what would be best for Tebow. It's too bad if that's true.

Tom Penny

Pretty pissed about Tebow. He will probably wind up a Steeler. He showed so much promise in the preseason. He was starting to get his completion percentage in the 30's.

JABEE

Bionic your dream is alive. Tebow available for the Steelers.

That would be a good landing spot for Tebow. The State of Pennsylvania is known for its warmness towards Christian gentlemen. I would be happy for Bionic.

It would create awkward situations though. I don't know if Bionic has the will to control himself from sending one of these letters to his future hometown hero.

Mindlog

College Football to the rescue. Perfect weather for a BBQ and post-itis drunkery. A great opportunity to forget the football season is about to start.

VHSrTvC.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That would be a good landing spot for Tebow. The State of Pennsylvania is known for its warmness towards Christian gentlemen. I would be happy for Bionic.

It would create awkward situations though. I don't know if Bionic has the will to control himself from sending one of these letters to his future hometown hero.

OH SHIT THERE'S STICKERS!

I have no idea what happened with Franklin.
He was saying all the right things but has looked awful.

I think Green could be decent in space but can't remember if he can blitz pickup.

DSmalls84

https://twitter.com/AmandaTynes9/status/373806408333922305

Looks like the Bucs have put Lawrence Tynes on the Non-football Injury list after he contracted a staph infection at the Buccaneers facilities.

Lawrence Tynes's wife does not appear to be happy about being told this through email while her husband is still very sick.

As a falcon's fan I know first hand just how classless the bucs have been for years, I mean christ they nearly let freeman eat his fatass to death.

On a serious note hopefully tynes rebounds from this but it sounds like the procedure he had done was on his kicking foot so doesn't sound good.

Had a staph/mrsa infection in my leg earlier this year and it took months to heal.

Top Bottom