• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Lions-GAF

Spivey (3rd round) and Greenwood (5th round) were released. Ronnel Lewis (5th round) was released last week. Sounds like Whitehead could be next. Are there any Martin Mayhew fans here, just curious.

Bread

Banned
@RoobCSN: I don't think Danny Watkins will play again. I don't think his heart was ever in football. I don't think he likes playing.
damn he was just a 1st round pick a couple years ago, that's crazy. that's why you shouldn't draft olds in the first round

It appears Jim Harbaugh finally got his guy.

The 49ers will sign fullback Owen Marecic, who played for Harbaugh at Stanford and was released by the Browns this week, the SportsXchange’s Kyle Bonagura reported.

During Marecic’s college career, Harbaugh termed the two-way standout the “perfect football player.” At the time, Harbaugh’s wife, Sarah, said her husband looked at Marecic “like somebody else would look at a beautiful woman.”

mmmm i know what you mean ms. harbaugh!

WedgeX

Banned
Lions-GAF

Spivey (3rd round) and Greenwood (5th round) were released. Ronnel Lewis (5th round) was released last week. Sounds like Whitehead could be next. Are there any Martin Mayhew fans here, just curious.

I still maintain that Spievey is still suffering the after effects of his concussion against the Saints. Greenwood will make the practice squad and will play next year.

brentech

in most cases, because a lot of teams don't have clear cut single backfields, going with RB is usually better, but Rodgers and a few other QBs are basically the only ones you can make a decent choice on.

I really wish I pulled the trigger on Rodgers in my 2nd round, which I ended up going with Richardson myself. I didn't realize until halfway through my draft that my friend set it up as a PPC and PPR league, and that definitely makes Rodgers an easy selection.

I took Aaron Rodgers over Marshawn Lynch, CJ Spiller and Trent Richardson. Did I fuck up?

How big is the league and what was your drafting position? I tend to go for my two starting RBs in rounds 1 and 2, and QB @ round 3. RBs are pretty sparse this year but you could probably get away with this, depending on the league. I would have taken Lynch though.

I drafted 9th in my 12 man league and got Ray Rice and Stevan Ridley in the first two rounds, and still managed to snag a good QB in the third round (Matty Ice). So it really depends on what you think you can get away with IMO.

How big is the league and what was your drafting position? I tend to go for my two starting RBs in rounds 1 and 2, and QB @ round 3. RBs are pretty sparse this year but you could probably get away with this, depending on the league. I would have taken Lynch though.

I drafted 9th in my 12 man league and got Ray Rice and Stevan Ridley in the first two rounds, and still managed to snag a good QB in the third round (Matty Ice). So it really depends on what you think you can get away with IMO.

12 man league, I drafted 7th IIRC. My RBs ended up being Ridley and Chris Johnson.

It is 3:30pm and I just woke up

I see Young and Tebow have been cut

Today is a bad day

Naw man.

Ou13tQE.gif

Godslay

Banned
Tavarres King cut? Wow didn't see that coming.

Floating out two WRs that are better than anything the Pats have on their squad.

Colasante

Steelers cut RB Jonathan Dwyer, activate TE Heath Miller from the PUP list. Surprised about Dwyer, I've always liked him more than Redman from what I've seen.

Top Bottom