• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

i usually round up to an even number, say its 470, ill go 500. 281 do 300. 20% is generous

they should work for their money like me (going to work on saturdays) instead of asking for handouts like its germany or something

In Germany the restaurants actually pay their employees so they don't need the tips to be able to support themselves.

Wow I should have stuck with my original prediction. David Carr has been cut by the Giants. Painter is likely to stick unless they roll with Nassib which is highly doubtful.

Antoine Winfield retiring:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m

Wow. RT @PeteCarroll: Wishing Antoine Winfield the best in his decision to retire. He's a consummate pro and a great team player.

Colasante

The "best college could beat worst NFL team" is usually a pointless discussion, but I do think that Alabama could legitimately beat the 2013 Raiders. I have trouble remembering a less talented roster in my lifetime.

The Browns cut both of their kickers. They do realize they need a kicker, right?

bionic77

Lunchbox, you travelled the world a bit? Being rich and all.
He's seen most of the Hudson in his family's speedboat/yacht.

He also lives a life of luxury and drives the same car as a woman I know who is a court reporter.

He is comparing himself to poors like SNES and Gata and now he thinks he is rich. But that is setting the bar a little too low.

Wow...

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 28s

#NYG have indeed cut Kyle Bosworth ... and I'm shocked.
Thought he would stick! He played his way up the depth chart. Bigger shock than Sash to me. Have to believe there is a practice squad spot for him waiting.

Painter did indeed make the final 53.

He's seen most of the Hudson in his family's speedboat/yacht.

He also lives a life of luxury and drives the same car as a woman I know who is a court reporter.

He is comparing himself to poors like SNES and Gata and now he thinks he is rich. But that is setting the bar a little too low.

I'm trying to find out if he's rich enough to buy me a new PS3. A new Super Slim is like 250 euros, I don't have that kind of money to blow right now.

No big surprise cuts. That sucks

Another year of Schoob. Maybe 2014 is TJ his year! #BELIEVE

Patriots put S Adrian Wilson on injured reserve..

The hamstring? Seems like an easy way to deal with his roster spot.

MechDX

I'm trying to find out if he's rich enough to buy me a new PS3. A new Super Slim is like 250 euros, I don't have that kind of money to blow right now.

Another year of Schoob. Maybe 2014 is TJ his year! #BELIEVE

TJ is yesterdays news. Case Keenum 4 life yo!! Trading TJ to the Browns for a 1st and 3rd when old man Wheedon breaks a hip

Usually get one surprise cut from some team but not this year, nothing major.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a goodwill gesture for a veteran, rather than outright cutting him. But who knows.

Feels like it. Put him on IR, pay him a small salary, cut him next year. He can help with mentoring the young safeties.

Mike Loyko said:
The #Patriots also cut Jeff Tarpinian, Chris McDonald. Place Adrian Wilson on IR. So they have to be under 53 men

Something is gonna go down.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I beat MGS4 and Dark Souls today. MGS4....what a movie. Dark Souls....what a game. Holy fuck that was probably the most satisfied I`ve ever been beating a game. I had huge grin across my face as the credits rolled.

Im going to Gamestop to get a game. Leaning toward Demon Souls or Ni No Kuni. PS3 reccomendations anyone?

The "best college could beat worst NFL team" is usually a pointless discussion, but I do think that Alabama could legitimately beat the 2013 Raiders. I have trouble remembering a less talented roster in my lifetime.

Nah. McCarron is trash and the Raiders would just throw 8 in the box and score off of turnovers.

Colasante

Need al the cap space for when they trade for Suh.

Seriously though, DL > OL/TE > S

We need those.

Pretty much a 99% impossibility, but I keep wishing they'd trade for Bears DT Henry Melton. Pro Bowler on the franchise tag that the Bears may be unwilling to give a big contract to. Need to find an impact DT somewhere, unless they plan on using a lot more 3-4.

Final 53 so far. My projections and where I was wrong below.

Offense:

(S) = Starter

QB: (3) Eli Manning (S), Curtis Painter, Ryan Nassib
RB: (4) David Wilson (S), Andre Brown, Da'Rel Scott, Michael Cox
FB: (1) Henry Hynoski (S)
TE: (3) Brandon Myers (S), Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell
OL: (9) Will Beatty (S) (LT), Kevin Boothe (S) (LG), David Baas (S) (C), Chris Snee (S) (RG), Justin Pugh (S) (RT) ------- James Brewer (G/T), Brandon Mosely (G), Jim Cordle (C), David Diehl (G/T)
WR: (5) Hakeem Nicks (S), Victor Cruz (S), Reuben Randle, Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan

Defense:

DT: (5) Linval Joseph (S), Cullen Jenkins (S), Shaun Rogers, Johnathan Hankins, Mike Patterson
DE: (5) Jason Pierre Paul (S), Justin Tuck (S), Mathias Kiwanuka, Demontre Moore, Justin Trattou (added, I had Tracy making it)
LB: (6) Dan Connor (S), Spencer Paysinger (S), Keith Rivers (S), Mark Herzlich, Jacquian Williams
CB: (5) Corey Webster (S), Prince Amukamara (S), Terrell Thomas, Jayron Hosely, Aaron Ross, Trumaine McBride (I didn't have McBride making it)
S: (4) Antrel Rolle (S), Ryan Mundy (S), Cooper Taylor, Will Hill (suspended first four games so technically not on the roster but not waived)

Special Teams: (3)

Kicker: Josh Brown
Punter: Steve Weatherford
Long Snapper: Zak DeOssie

David Carr - I had Carr on the roster. Wrong. Painter made it. Carr was cut.
Ryan Torain - I had him on the roster. Wrong. He was cut today.
Adrien Robinson - I had him going to IR. I was wrong. All four TE's made it.
B]Kyle Bosworth[/B] (Bosworth was cut) - I had him making it as the 6th Linebacker
Will Hill - I had him getting cut. I was wrong. Tyler Sash cut instead.
Adrian Tracy - I had him making the roster. He was cut. Along with Adewale Ojomo.
Charles James - I want to find a roster spot for him for his punt returning abilities but I can't see who to sacrifice to get him on the final 53. (I was right on here)
Demontre Moore - He's been dealing with an injured shoulder since the first preseason game and I think there's a chance the he gets IR'd. If he does, the Giants will keep one of Trattou, Broha or Ojomo. My money is on Trattou is this comes to pass. (I was right on with Trattou, but wrong on the scenario). Moore will not be IR'd or anything. He made the roster.

Marvin Austin has been cut as expected. It was the right thing to do. Patterson outplayed him handily.

Full list or remaining waived players:

defensive ends Adrian Tracy, Adewale Ojomo and Matt Broha; defensive tackle Marvin Austin; linebacker Kyle Bosworth; offensive linemen Eric Herman, Matt McCants, Stephen Goodin and Bryant Browning; safety David Caldwell; cornerbacks Terrence Frederick and Charles James; and wide receivers Kevin Hardy, Marcus Harris and Julian Talley.

Pretty much a 99% impossibility, but I keep wishing they'd trade for Bears DT Henry Melton. Pro Bowler on the franchise tag that the Bears may be unwilling to give a big contract to. Need to find an impact DT somewhere, unless they plan on using a lot more 3-4.

Would be a shame of the personel they have to play a 3-4. Seem more 4-3 orientated now.

Richard Seymour is available!

I beat MGS4 and Dark Souls today. MGS4....what a movie. Dark Souls....what a game. Holy fuck that was probably the most satisfied I`ve ever been beating a game. I had huge grin across my face as the credits rolled.

Im going to Gamestop to get a game. Leaning toward Demon Souls or Ni No Kuni. PS3 reccomendations anyone?

can't go wrong with either. i actually liked demons souls a lot more than dark souls. too bad you didn't have PS+ a couple months ago, demons souls was free!

ni no kuni is awesome too. graphics are incredible. the game was pretty easy for me because i got the griffin preorder and he is insanely powerful. i haven't beaten it yet but im about midway through and it has been a breeze. its kinda like pokemon

LJ11

Bama OL is complete dogshit. Lucky they're playing an inept offense or they would be getting crushed. Can't run or pass. Fuller having a hell of a half.

So much for beating an NFL team.

Eleuin

Come draft Stafford in the first

Talon

Bama OL is complete dogshit. Lucky they're playing an inept offense or they would be getting crushed. Can't run or pass. Fuller having a hell of a half.

So much for beating an NFL team.
It's the first game of the season. Offensive lines are night and day from day one -> end of the season.

Obviously nobody with half a brain believes any college team can beat even 0-16 Lions.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well its too bad that Thad Lewis got cut by Buffalo, I thought he did alright considering he had only been on the team 3 days. Most teams only need 2 QBs now. I feel bad for that Tulane kid, Griffin, as well. Maybe he'll get a shot somewhere.

Lunchbox

Banned
can't go wrong with either. i actually liked demons souls a lot more than dark souls. too bad you didn't have PS+ a couple months ago, demons souls was free!

ni no kuni is awesome too. graphics are incredible. the game was pretty easy for me because i got the griffin preorder and he is insanely powerful. i haven't beaten it yet but im about midway through and it has been a breeze. its kinda like pokemon
wow, I thought you were a cool high roller like me and bionic

but you just ousted yourself as a Snes level goober with that ninoo mumi shit. I lost respect for you bro

Top Bottom