• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

LJ11

Kept saying to myself "when are they ging to run a TE up the seam." It's been there a few times.

Like that they played the first unit O the entire half, young guys need the reps. Lot of dumb penalties. OL can't be trusted. LG/RT stink, and Glenn hasn't played well at LT since his injury.

Wonder if EJ will ever process information quick enough, loves the RB when his first read isn't there.

JABEE

Here are some of my crappy iPhone Pictures from Eagles Open Practice.

DB Drills

rTHzLRH.jpg

SCC5fKQ.jpg

R8yBK88.jpg

IBRShxA.jpg
Defensive Line Drills

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kept saying to myself "when are they ging to run a TE up the seam." It's been there a few times.

Like that they played the first unit O the entire half, young guys need the reps. Lot of dumb penalties. OL can't be trusted. LG/RT stink, and Glenn hasn't played well at LT since his injury.

Wonder if EJ will ever process information quick enough, loves the RB when his first read isn't there.

They're getting pushed around a bit, but they're holding their own.

CrankyJay

Banned

a young underdog team is one i can gladly cheer for

LJ11

They're getting pushed around a bit, but they're holding their own.
Kept the passes short, just need to upgrade at T, Pears won't cut it. Seems he always gets a penalty in the red zone.

CB is another hole for this team. It's Gilmore and then a big drop off.

JABEE

Eagles Open Practice Impressions

Trent Cole and Vinny Curry were monsters going through their drills.

Vick looked really sharp.

Ertz wasn't dropping passes like on Friday.

Salas took reps with the 1s. I think he may get a chance on Thursday with Vick or Foles.

You could hear Defensive Line Coach Jerry Azzinaro shouting expletives any time the music calmed down.

Everything was so organized. They had a tape that would play a bomb raid alarm and a strange voice would call out a number and say special teams etc.

The new long snapper was shaky. Let's hope Dorenbos is back from his concussion.

Lane Johnson and Jason Peters were out. Lane Johnson just had his first child. Peters out with a "hamstring" injury.

Bryce Brown didn't practice. Polk and McCoy played well.

It was hot as Hell at practice. No pads. Just helmets and shorts.

Spinluck

Deals for everyone! How did Clark do in Tampa last year?

Started 7 games.

47 Receptions with a 9.3 yds per catch average.

Longest reception 33yds.

And put up 4TDs, not bad, he's 34yrs old though and injuries have started to plague him in recent yrs.

ChanHuk

Banned
The Bills just scored more points than they did in all of 2012.

I'm sad that the summer series of Top Gear is over, only British show worthwhile. Well its better than any US programming other than football.

Should we start a 53 man roster prediction for our teams?

Spinluck

I guess this is one of those instances where you can say, "it's just preseason". But our D, and Special Teams will probably only be slightly better than this lol. TY Hilton returning kicks was probably the only highlight from our STs.

Our Kickoff coverage is still bad, our O-line still has a linemen or two that shouldn't be starters at all. Still haven't seen enough though, for all I know they could be an improvement from last year. But that Mario Williams gimme sack doesn't inspire much hope among other things. Hopefully just a miscue..

Luck is going to improve this year since this system will open up easier throws than Arians', and quicker reads with a more balanced attack. He won't be making as many dumb throws unless the line allows constant pressure, but not like last year after he went through all his reads (when the line actually provided time) and then tried to force something. I expect more consistency out of him, fuck a sophomore slump. He had a drive going until Fleener fumbled.

We have playmakers in almost everyone in our receiving corps- Wayne, DHB, TY, Allen, and Fleener. So these short quick passes will turn into big plays every once and a while. TY and DBH will probably be our burners going deep. TY has definitely improved, and I it's clear as day why he's still here and Avery isn't.

Our running game needs work, but I think we'll improve the more we run the ball and find out what works and what doesn't. I see we're still going with Ballard, which is ok, he just needs to be more decisive and not hesitate so much. I hope we get healthy Bradshaw back, for at least game; at least.

Hopefully our D actually does play better than this, I don't think the whole squad was out there today. Might have a few injuries here and there (Landry aka Bob Sanders 2.0 is a notable one), just hope we're healthy and ready week one.

Top Bottom