• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

both of our avatars disgust me. thanks for nothin' kap

image.php

image.php

RRnhhqW.gif

It looks like Jacquain Williams is now ahead of Paysinger on the depth chart and Will Hill has supplanted Mundy as the starter alongside Rolle.

They've been getting increased play time but it looks like much of this is now officially changed over and all for the better. Be nice to see them against an actual NFL quality QB though. They've had the benefit of playing complete garbage under center over the past few weeks.

Is Tolzien likely to start for GB or do you Packers fans think they bring in Flynn?

jmdajr

Heh, Texans Rank no.1 in D, Cowboys rank last.

I'd prefer the 5 wins though, or who knows.... maybe I don't.

NFL draft looking good this year. Hell we are only one game better than the Jags. A loss to them would help us tremendously.

Crisco

Banned
Fade that. Legit passing teams can beat that defense. Same as the Cardinals. And CAR's offense can't score enough points. Brees will drop the hammer

Sadly I agree, and it's why I would still take KC's or Seattle's defense over ours. Our front 7 is unmatched, but those two teams have much better secondaries than ours. We'll crush teams that lean on their running games and have suspect passing, but a competent QB with solid weapons can hurt us. That plus poor wide receiver play will be our undoing. But it's gonna be a fun ride until that happens!

squicken

Sadly I agree, and it's why I would still take KC's or Seattle's defense over ours. Our front 7 is unmatched, but those two teams have much better secondaries than ours. We'll crush teams that lean on their running games and have suspect passing, but a competent QB with solid weapons can hurt us. That plus poor wide receiver play will be our undoing. But it's gonna be a fun ride until that happens!

Yeah, I am not a big fan of CARs. But objectively, I just don't like the coverage or WRs. But then SEA has issues too. If the Saints can play defense just a little, I like them out of the NFC

Heh, Texans Rank no.1 in D, Cowboys rank last.

I'd prefer the 5 wins though, or who knows.... maybe I don't.

NFL draft looking good this year. Hell we are only one game better than the Jags. A loss to them would help us tremendously.

Why not: Keenum develops into a legit NFL starter, you finish with a respectable record, and you don't need to draft a QB next year, and fix some of the other issues?

Not trying to be rude. I just don't like rooting for tanking unless there is an obvious Luck-type to tank for. Losing a bunch of games usually means your roster sucks and no one is getting better. I'd rather root for the young players already on the team getting better than hoping some unknown guy the team drafts in May turns out well

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pete Carroll FINALLY let Alvin Bailey play yesterday, at both LT(replacing McQuistan's horrible job filling that role) and RG (replacing Sweezy's bad pass pro). Oh hey, he's actually a decent well-rounded lineman! Took them long enough, but even without our starting tackles returning I feel better about the line in general now.

Next step: #freemichael

rando14

Pete Carroll FINALLY let Alvin Bailey play yesterday, at both LT(replacing McQuistan's horrible job filling that role) and RG (replacing Sweezy's bad pass pro). Oh hey, he's actually a decent well-rounded lineman! Took them long enough, but even without our starting tackles returning I feel better about the line in general.

YES I meant to ask you about that. Bailey looked great yesterday! If/when Okung and Breno come back next week, where do you see him settling in? He's impressed me a lot, I think he deserves a shot at a steady gig

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
YES I meant to ask you about that. Bailey looked great yesterday! If/when Okung and Breno come back next week, where do you see him settling in? He's impressed me a lot, I think he deserves a shot at a steady gig
Okung is always going to be the guy when he's healthy, but Breno has to watch his back.

So I lose in my survival league yesterday (stupid jags) but so did everyone else and now I need Wallace to get me at least 1.87 points to win so I expect 0 catches from him tonight.

Bowser

Dude it's EJ Manuel, what are you expecting here?

To make a better read than Jeff Tuel...is that expecting too much?

Um...it was a different person playing quarterback?

I realize that, I meant more in a "lol Bills" way...I don't watch often, but seems to me like they don't target Johnson enough. To not even look his way on that play is stupid, even if it was a meaningless end of game drive. Getting a TD would at least give you a little confidence or something.

Bowser

Fade that. Legit passing teams can beat that defense. Same as the Cardinals. And CAR's offense can't score enough points. Brees will drop the hammer

“It’s another win,” defensive end Greg Hardy said. “It’s another week. The next game is the biggest game. The next game is Monday. It’s the biggest game of the season. We’re going to go to work this week and put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears so we can come out with the same swagger and attitude we had this week. We’re going to take what we want. We’re going to do what we want. That’s because we believe and work and run each other down to the bone until Monday and come out and hit them in the mouth with a nasty attitude.”

ceae79u.jpg

Legit passing teams won't have the time.

BTW, before Sunday, we were 4th in Pass D DVOA, and that included 90% opponent adjustments. The secondary has played extremely well since the Week 2 loss.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For that matter, McQuistan, Carpenter, and Sweezy need to watch their backs too. It'll be interesting if Seattle actually manages to add by subtracting and get better performance at either guard position.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Week 11 hasn't even started and I'm already getting hyped/nervous for the game in Cincinnati.

This season is how the season after Derek Anderson trolled me should have been.

squicken

Week 11 hasn't even started and I'm already getting hyped/nervous for the game in Cincinnati.

This season is how the season after Derek Anderson trolled me should have been.

Of the remaining 4-5 AFC teams, Cleveland has the easiest remaining strength of schedule

#believeland

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Of the remaining 4-5 AFC teams, Cleveland has the easiest remaining strength of schedule

#believeland

I dunno looking at it the Jets look like they have a pretty easy schedule as well...ALTHOUGH we at least get to face them week 16 so if we take care of business again my fantastic dream of a flexed Browns/Jets Sunday night game could become real!

LJ11

Everyone knew he was a project coming out, but what's the Bills rush? He only had two years in college as a starter and even as a backup he missed like a full year to injury I think. I don't know, he has a big arm and seems to be smart. If only Tom Clements was still there to mold him!

I guess there's no rush at all, we should wait and wait and wait.

I thought you liked EJ?

No, I think I said I wanted to set myself on fire when they drafted him. Flashed in preseason and early in the year though, looked better than I thought he would. Now he looks like I thought he would.

lol how the fuck do you miss a wide open Stevie Johnson on literally the same play as last week?

It's better to throw to the guy who jumped offsides and got an enormous jump. Smart read.

Top Bottom