• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

image.php

Hey, it's my old avatar.

Been wanting to switch to a Cam avatar, but they've been doing so well while I've had my Toews avatar.

I dunno looking at it the Jets look like they have a pretty easy schedule as well...ALTHOUGH we at least get to face them week 16 so if we take care of business again my fantastic dream of a flexed Browns/Jets Sunday night game could become real!

I really hope you beat the jests and take their playoff spot.

LJ11

Oh wow, that gif was so grainy I didn't even realize he actually caught it lol. I thought it was picked :/

Nah, he fit it in. Couldn't believe it wasn't called. Your original point was correct however, throw the damn ball to Steve Johnson. Dude has been hobbled with injuries however.

If I'm a bad team like the Bills, I'm drafting a QB every fucking year, maybe two, until I find the guy. What do I have to lose? Wasting resources? Sure, I'll waste resources, but I'll be trying to fill the most valuable position in the sport.

If I'm a bad team like the Bills, I'm drafting a QB every fucking year, maybe two, until I find the guy. What do I have to lose? Wasting resources? Sure, I'll waste resources, but I'll be trying to find the most valuable position in the sport.
Far less painful to miss anyways with the rookie wage scale in place. You're not destroying your cap and you're only hurting yourself long term if you're trading away high draft picks to get at one guy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nah, he fit it in. Couldn't believe it wasn't called. Your original point was correct however, throw the damn ball to Steve Johnson. Dude has been hobbled with injuries however.

If I'm a bad team like the Bills, I'm drafting a QB every fucking year, maybe two, until I find the guy. What do I have to lose? Wasting resources? Sure, I'll waste resources, but I'll be trying to fill the most valuable position in the sport.

Now you sound like a Browns fan. Build a team capable of winning without a qb. If you can't find a stand out, all you need is a Small Hands type game manager and you'll compete every year.

squicken

I love that the Rams broke Irsay's mind a bit more with that loss. He's been rambling on Twitter since they lost. Still shook.

Nothing really they could do. Trent trade was a disaster. Prevented them from getting a WR to replace Wayne, which is the real killer. Rest of the WRs are too easy to cover

btw, and grain of salt, but LZ said Bowles is regarded as one of the best blitzing DCs in football. Granted his dad is on AZ's staff, but I thought it was interesting to see varying views on that guy since he took so much flack for bad D in Philly

Striker

Giants' snap count yesterday:

Brandon Myers: 48 (74%)
Bear Pascoe: 30 (46%)
Rueben Randle: 20 (31%)

Not liking that a whole lot, but considering the weather, it makes sense. In future games they will need Randle on the field more and for 3 wide sets.

Myers is putrid, and it stinks not having any production at the TE spot this year. I just hope that Adrien Robinson can do something before the year is over (like maybe being active!) so he can get more playing time.

Only 2 snaps for DaMontre Moore as well, but the Raiders didn't pass much or were very effective. Against Romo and RGIII who are more athletic and can throw I hope to see him in there more often. Hankins snaps will increase later.

Trey

Nah b. You'd constantly have the fans looking to "the next guy" (as Bills fans already do) any time your rookie fucks up. Threw a game ending interception? Bench his ass, we have three former first round picks behind him! No consistency is built on any level, be it the QB's relationship with the coaching staff, the players, or the fans. Anyone is doomed to fail in that position. EJ is the best QB prospect the Bills have had since they last made the playoffs.

Just eat a Snickers, LJ. You're not you, lol

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/100032/nfl-week-10-quarterback-report

QB Report

Nick Foles
Passer rating: 149.3
QBR: 91.8
Analysis: Three touchdown passes against the Green Bay Packers brought him to 16 for the season, with no interceptions. That's tied for the second-most passing touchdowns without an interception to start a season in NFL history. There's really no secret to what the Eagles are doing with Foles, however. They have arguably the best play-action passing game in the league. They used it for 14 of his 18 attempts Sunday, and at 78 percent, that's the most frequent use of play-action in an NFL game since at least 2006. He completed nine of those passes, including all three of his touchdowns, for 172 yards. Six of his 10 touchdown passes over the past two games have come via play-action. Foles' QBR on play-action plays this season is 95.3, trailing only Peyton Manning (95.4) among qualified starters

Andrew Luck
Passer rating: 65.3
QBR: 13.6
Analysis: Luck finished with 357 total yards, but he had only 93 at halftime as the St. Louis Rams took a 28-0 lead. Three sacks and four turnovers, one of which was returned for a touchdown, made this Luck's worst game of the season. He managed just two completions and two of his three sacks on third down. The Rams' blitz got to him pretty well, and Luck completed three of 11 passes for 16 yards against it. Two of his sacks and one of his interceptions came against it as well.

Colin Kaepernick
Passer rating: 42.0
QBR: 7.7
Analysis: Kaepernick's 91 passing yards were a career-low for a starter and he took a career-high six sacks against the Carolina Panthers' swarming defense. Five of those sacks came on first down, the highest total for a quarterback this season and tied for the most in the past eight seasons. Kaepernick didn't complete a single pass outside of the pocket and none of his 11 completions traveled more than 10 yards downfield. And, in a one-score game, Kaepernick completed just two of nine passes with an interception in the fourth quarter.

Joe Flacco
Passer rating: 60.0
QBR: 50.9
Briefly: Flacco threw incomplete on all seven attempts that traveled at least 15 yards downfield, his highest number of such attempts with a completion in a single game for his career. This season, he has completed 32.1 percent of those passes, ranking 30th among qualified NFL quarterbacks.

Case Keenum
Passer rating: 87.5
QBR: 27.1
Briefly: Keenum was once again much better in the first half (159 yards) than in the second (42 yards). His QBR in the first half of games this season is 91.1. It's 12.2 in the second half, including 3.4 on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.

Cam Newton

Passer rating: 52.7
QBR: 19.3
Briefly: Four sacks, an interception and a 50 completion percentage were enough to do his part in a huge win against the San Francisco 49ers. His deep attempts continued their recent trends. He completed two of nine passes that traveled at least 15 yards downfield, and over the past three games, he has managed just five completions in 25 such attempts, with no touchdowns and three interceptions.

jmdajr

Titans not too happy

"Talking about first place? Talking about first place? We just got whooped by the Jaguars," he (Delanie Walker) said. "We ain't talking first place no more. It's out the window. We've got to come back and play the Colts. I don't know how everybody's gonna handle it. I mean, we lost to the Jaguars."

but reality check

"We've been a part of this crap for the last three years," Titans offensive tackle Michael Roos said. " ... I don't know if guys think it's just gonna happen because of their record, but every Sunday there is an NFL game you're playing in, despite what their record is."

no doubt

JABEE

I don't think you can take anything away from the Eagles offense these past two weeks. They played well. The Raiders were a pretty good defense going into their matchup with the Eagles.

The Eagles defense has played well this season. They would fold against bad quarterbacks last year. They are doing something they haven't done these past two year. They have started to create turnovers for the offense.

I think this Eagles team has a good chance to make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC East. No matter how you spin it, that's a pretty good season for the categorically bad team of 2012.

I'm pretty happy that the Eagles are a competitive, real team again. They aren't world-beaters, but they're getting there and I'm okay with that.

How will you know if you have found the right guy? Some rookies take years to develop.

I don't think you can take anything away from the Eagles offense these past two weeks. They played well. The Raiders were a pretty good defense going into their matchup with the Eagles.

The Eagles defense has played well this season. They would fold against bad quarterbacks last year. They are doing something they haven't done these past two year. They have started to create turnovers for the offense.

I think this Eagles team has a good chance to make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC East. No matter how you spin it, that's a pretty good season for the categorically bad team of 2012.

I'm pretty happy that the Eagles are a competitive, real team again. They aren't world-beaters, but they're getting there and I'm okay with that.

So true. Give this team another offseason to draft and sign some FAs and they could be really solid. The worry is still Foles though. He was shaky yesterday, and terrible against Dallas. I think he gets a bit star struck against better teams. They need to get that figured out quick.

oneHeero

/sigh what a horrible game last night.

the only plus was that I have brees in one of my leagues and needed a big game. I also had Dallas D in another league along with Romo and that matchup is no longer a win unless Sturgis can score me 9 points today :\

Bowser

I didn't even notice this, but wow. In a one point game in the 4th quarter:

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny6h
The #Panthers held #Niners to FOUR total yards in the 4th quarter. That's the best defense in the sport.

Fox318

I guess there's no rush at all, we should wait and wait and wait.

No, I think I said I wanted to set myself on fire when they drafted him. Flashed in preseason and early in the year though, looked better than I thought he would. Now he looks like I thought he would.

It's better to throw to the guy who jumped offsides and got an enormous jump. Smart read.

What did you expect Marone to do?

Go another year with Fitzmagic? Draft Geno? Draft Ryan Nassib? They got Kevin Kolb and he sucked and they already had experience with Vince Young.

I think EJ has shown moments he can be good I just think that the coaching staff needs to run the ball better.

Spinluck

We haven't loss two straight games ever since we drafted Luck. Still, not sure about Thursday night at this point. Stupid team.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Does Flynn play corner or safety? If not, Packers are still f'd. Worst secondary in the NFL.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, Chargers have the title by a long shot. Just a bunch of absolute no-names and scrubs outside of Weddle. But the collective suck is too much for him to overcome.

I don't know, all three passing TDs against GB yesterday were embarrassing. One should have been picked, one was 5 yards underthrown and still completed for a TD and the last one Cooper was so open when he caught the ball he could have army crawled into the end zone. It was a pathetic display.

exarkun

No matter how sad the Texans make me, I can take comfort in the Titans losing to the fucking jags. The Jags. looooooooooooooool. Do we even Titans fans left on the board? I know there has been one or two nice guys the last two years, but havent seen one post in a while.

Also, EAD Colts. Thank god the rams did to them what the rams did to us. Luck is a fraud. Blitz his neckbearded chubby ass and he gets young-peyton happy feet. And their o-line is so up and down, rarely do you see a team where its open season on the QB the first half and...still open season during the second! Fuck em!

andthebeatgoeson

We need a new QB or have Kolb, I mean, what's his name calm down in the pocket. It might be nerves or his age but he can be rattled. The QB play was wretched yesterday but I expect NFL QBs to not jump to try and make a pass or just loft it up in the air, down the sideline when they are being chased.

Top Bottom