• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Levyne

Banned
McCown starting

Prepare yourselves, Ravens

(Though expecting a back to earth scenario because that's what has to happen now)

Mindlog

My buddy is a Bucs fan, and he's in full tank mode. He keeps talking about how they'll be able to draft Johnny Manziel. I don't have the heart to tell him.
No quarterbacks. Never Again.
Glennon is all the slang we need.
Clown DE in. Clown coach out.

Just have to get through tonight. Naturally this is the week Miami decided to go Full Dolphin. I still have faith.
Let's go!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bears should have won easily yesterday if McCown had played especially considering how awful Stafford was.

Stafford dropped 3 touchdowns, and led the Lions on the final game winning drive to seal the victory. How is that awful? He made the throws when they needed to be made.

Remember this?

CALV8.gif

Our defensive line held Matt Forte to 33 yards, and harrassed Cutler all day. Wouldn't have mattered if it was your franchise QB McCown or Jay Cutler in the game.

And our offensive line did not allow Stafford to be hit once.

It's ok though I'd be mad if I didn't have a franchise QB either. Keep looking Bears fans hopefully that CFL Coach of yours will be able to evaluate real talent.

jWILL253

Banned
For that matter, McQuistan, Carpenter, and Sweezy need to watch their backs too. It'll be interesting if Seattle actually manages to add by subtracting and get better performance at either guard position.

I think Carpenter stays. He's a liability in pass protection and has glass knees, but he's one of the better road graders in the league when healthy, and I don't see the Hawks replacing him unless we draft someone substantially better. McQuistan actually played well at the RG position last year, so I think he can be a good backup.

So, that just leaves Sweezy, and he's clearly the odd one out. I say put Bailey in the RG spot, and keep Breno at RT.

Harvin officially being activated today, awww yeeeah! :cool:

tatesg.gif

Are there any Vikings fans that post here? I wanna make an avatar bet for next week...

effzee

Im warming up to Foles and the idea of him as our QB the rest of the way but some things still bother me.

We played GB and they don't have a great D. His first half performance wasn't great. That DJAX was extremely lucky it wasn't picked off.

He played much much much better in the 2nd half but again we have to keep in mind the D we were playing. So far he has lit up the Giants, Bucs, Raiders, and Packers. And against the Cowboys, who aren't great on D either, he had wide open WRs all day and protection and kept missing guys all over. I still don't like that he chucks the ball up. So far so good and the guys have been making plays but as Squicken pointed out, so much of his success is predicated on McCoy.

Hope McCoy remains healthy, Foles plays better each week, and Vick does come back healthy cause in case of any injury to Foles I do no want Barkley coming in AT ALL.

Big game against the Skins this week. I think we will need to score 30+ to win. D has to continue its improved play. Demeco Ryans is playing lights out.

Hunter S.

Super Bowl predictions are pretty arbitrary at this point and full of bias. Fuck those predictions above it will be Broncos-Seahawks marijuana bowl© !!!

Edit: Also, Neil is a Patriot Fanatic that hates Peyton Manning so fuck his British ass!

I didn't even notice this, but wow. In a one point game in the 4th quarter:

Big game defense. It seems like only yesterday when they were choking games away left and right. The front 7 is dominant, the secondary is still unproven though.

Yeah, they've been playing well, but they haven't faced a passing offense that was either:

A) Good
B) Unhampered

I'm not particularly worried about any of the games coming up (not even Tammy and his bum ass receivers), but that Saints game will be very telling. Especially if it gets flexed to SNF, the Saints are seemingly unstoppable at night in that dome.

Bowser

Super Bowl predictions are pretty arbitrary at this point and full of bias. Fuck those predictions above it will be Broncos-Seahawks marijuana bowl© !!!

Edit: Also, Neil is a Patriot Fanatic that hates Peyton Manning so fuck his British ass!

Ugh fucking GAF, finally back! Those predictions were made before the season began, so Kevin really went out on a limb.

Rivera when asked if he uses his veto powers on offense: "Not a lot. One of the things I try not to do, when Mike is in a rhythm, I just don't talk. I think the most important thing I do is say "Hey guys, this is Riverboat Ron, let's go for it on 4th and 1."

BYv8lmyIcAAsXTM.jpg:large

Ron just drippin' in swaggu lately.

rando14

I think Carpenter stays. He's a liability in pass protection and has glass knees, but he's one of the better road graders in the league when healthy, and I don't see the Hawks replacing him unless we draft someone substantially better. McQuistan actually played well at the RG position last year, so I think he can be a good backup.

So, that just leaves Sweezy, and he's clearly the odd one out. I say put Bailey in the RG spot, and keep Breno at RT.

According to @PFF Alvin Bailey did not allow pressures on any of his 16 pass-blocking snaps.

:^) Bailey future!

ShaneB

Had one extra vacation day that I did not know I had. It's like I was told it's a long weekend that I didn't know about! Fantastic 4 day weekend coming up!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is this real? He refers to himself as "Riverboat Ron"? That's awesome.
Something finally clicked after the Bills game when his conservatism cost his team the game. Now he's willing to take his team's strengths into account and not be afraid to take chances based on them.

And I'm perfectly happy cheering them on as they beat our rivals! Until the playoffs anyway, then Cam will pull another Delhomme and throw 5 picks. It'll be sad. For them.

I really am so rattled by everything that I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

seems like it's pretty much what we thought, any changes will just depend on Investigation/season. If season goes bad fire GM maybe Philbin or have GM bring in new coach, if investigation goes bad just clean house entirely. At this point I just don't care anymore, if we win some games and get into playoffs, great I'll be there cheering on, if we collapse and clean house, great I'll be there next year hyped and ready to go.

@ArmandoSalguero 19m

Bottom line Stephen Ross isn't sure he's going to clean house. But if someone is going to go it's more likely Jeff Ireland than Joe Philbin.

@ArmandoSalguero 18m

That doesn't mean Joe Philbin is safe. His status will be determined by the NFL investigation and team's record at the end of the season

@ArmandoSalguero 16m

Stephen Ross has reached out to former players and coaches and others within the Dolphins organization, including Don Shula.

Bowser

Sure, then the new GM can fire Philbin so Ross doesn't have to.

Not necessarily. Still a lot of season left and we could go 0-7 in the remaining 7 games, but look at the Panthers hiring Gettleman and keeping Rivera on this past offseason. Seems to be working just fine.

Top Bottom