• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Fantomex

We'd end up with Martin first. Slowly reassembling that Stanford team.

The problem with Martin IMO is that he is going to have it worst than Manti Teo. He is constantly going to be harassed on the field. Can you imagine what defensive ends are gonna say to him before the ball is snapped?

• You bout to get Incognitoed!
  • Don't push him too hard he might tell Goodell!
  • I'm gonna make you my bitch!

Tamanon

Banned
While I don't think Martin will play again, I'd wager it's different getting abuse from a defender and from someone you have to consider your brother on the offensive line.

MechDX

The problem with Martin IMO is that he is going to have it worst than Manti Teo. He is constantly going to be harassed on the field. Can you imagine what defensive ends are gonna say to him before the ball is snapped?

I'll take "Things FMT says on a first date" for a $100 Alex

Fantomex

I'll take "Things FMT says on a first date" for a $100 Alex

giphy.gif

Narag

All he's gotta do is remind them he'll murder their whole fucking family. Also we need someone to toughen up Trent :(

I'm just going say I think Aldon Smith will get arrested again, probably by the end of the next offseason. The "we care" attitude by the Niners is complete shit. As someone who has gone to rehab and gotten clean, taking four weeks to go to rehab, and then immediately jump back into the same exact lifestyle, is a joke. Niners and Aldon are doing lip service, but in reality, if they cared, they'd have him take off hte rest of the year to get help. Not just rehab, but proper aftercare, without the responsibilities of football. I heard Aldon's interviews before he came back, and I didn't hear any of the cliches and one liners that are preached at rehabs, I didn't hear anything that led me to believe that he didn't feel he just had to "get his head right" and all is well. I've seen it before, and it's pretty damn sad.

Not trolling or joking, but do SF fans still feel like they fleeced the Chiefs on that deal? Is the thought that Alex would struggle just as much?

i think it was a good deal for both teams. i wouldn't say fleeced but the only reason i think we got "the better" of the deal is because there is no way alex would've stayed on the roster as a backup this year. first off he wouldn't have continued to be the good soldier and secondly we literally could not afford to pay him $8 mil. to get a 2nd rounder would have been a pretty good deal for us. but TWO 2nd rounders? i give baalke props for however he did it.

as for alex starting this year, i have to imagine we would be 2 games better. and not because i think alex is a better QB than kap but because we would've actually RUN the ball more against carolina and indy. we had a lot of success on the ground against both teams and then we mysteriously stop. i just don't get it anymore with greg roman

squicken

Indy game for sure with the run. I sorta thought CAR did a good job stopping the run in the 2nd half when you guys tried

Alex Smith is the real deal! He even has more rushing yards than Ray Rice!!

Trolling the Ravens and 49ers with one post. I have a lot of respect for this post

LJ11

Now you sound like a Browns fan. Build a team capable of winning without a qb. If you can't find a stand out, all you need is a Small Hands type game manager and you'll compete every year.

I'm with you on this, no point in drafting EJ when this team had holes to fill with lower floor players on the board. Don't force the issue on a boom bust talent when you have other areas to address, they don't have the stomach for it though. Build a good foundation and then add a QB, they didnt want to do that. To top it off, they lose key players every year to FA or trades. Byrd is gone. How can you build a team when you don't sign your own talent? They're more interested in splash signings that hide the obvious.

Don't be shocked if Spiller is a gone. He was straight benched for bouncing runs yesterday. They don't sound happy with him, still shit against the blitz, and Hackett has no clue on how to utilize his talents, never see him lining up at receiver anymore. These dudes want a bruising back that they can run between the tackles. Wouldn't shock me at all if they moved him before his contract is up in a year or so. Worst part is they don't run under center, it's where they get their best results.

How will you know if you have found the right guy? Some rookies take years to develop.

You don't have years though. Worst part is that the WRs are hurt and you may have a complete scrub who should be cut and Goodwin as your 1 and 2 receivers. Even harder to evaluate EJ, or rather they will make the excuse that it is. EJ is playing like FSU EJ, can't read the D, hesitates/lack of anticipation, accuracy all over the place, awful fucking deep ball.

I've evaluated EJ, he's shit. Took me 6 games + his college resume. Dude couldn't beat out Ponder.

Top Bottom