• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

ShaneB

We both have CSGO, I just have to install it. He seems really into Source with his friends, so it might just be me hopping along. Also, I'm awful at it.

Eh, no worries in either case. I'm terrible too, and don't play much lately either. :p It certainly is my shooter of choice however, just because how fast it is to get in and out of games when I wanted a quick fix.

Mrbob

13729953-mmmain.jpg

The rest of the world believes. Minnesota believes. This Sunday, Illinois will believe.

Considering the Bears and Packers injuries, the Lions will be even bigger losers than usual if they can't win the NFC North.

I'm not sure what has going on but I think the root cause of the issue are the pony lovers and people with bad taste in movies.

Purge them with fire, oh great Godgers.

When thy return be, the praises shall echo the halls of everlasting to everlasting.

And all the whores and Pats fans will look up and shout: "save us!!!" and you'll whisper...

"No".

Striker

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10611368

Former Eagle Pro Bowl RG Shawn Andrews speaks about the Martin-Incognito stuff, and talks about his time with the Eagles and how he didn't quite like his time with Donovan McNabb.

The gist: ridiculed by others for an injury situation, mostly trusted Brian Dawkins and loved Andy Reid, didn't like going to work because McNabb was saying things behind his back, felt he was an attention whore, once asked Andy for a trade because of the distrust

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10611368

Former Eagle Pro Bowl RG Shawn Andrews speaks about the Martin-Incognito stuff, and talks about his time with the Eagles and how he didn't quite like his time with Donovan McNabb.

The gist: ridiculed by others for an injury situation, mostly trusted Brian Dawkins and loved Andy Reid, didn't like going to work because McNabb was saying things behind his back, felt he was an attention whore, once asked Andy for a trade because of the distrust

So many former Eagles take shots at Mcnabb it is crazy. He seems like a very unpopular guy in the locker room.

eznark

Banned
I love how all kinds of players are using this to just air dirty laundry that is at best tangentially related to the story. Write a book!

effzee

So many former Eagles take shots at Mcnabb it is crazy. He seems like a very unpopular guy in the locker room.

Did you miss the part where it says "ridiculed by others for injuries"? I am sure everyone talked behind his fat ass. He never showed up.

Andews stole money from the Eagles and never had his heart into football. He was always hurt, or depressed, or hurt again.

Didn't last on the Giants either. I bet the big bad Eli Manning laughed about him too. Fuck off Andrews you waste of a first round pick.

squicken

Even as just a casual NFL fan I never knew how to feel about McNabb. I never watched the Eagles play and thought "this guy is amazing!" Of course the closest he ever got to really looking great was when he had TO, since he spent most of his career with shaky WRs. But even then, all the stuff from the SB was so ugly

Did you miss the part where it says "ridiculed by others for injuries"?

Andews stole money from the Eagles and never had his heart into football. He was always hurt, or depressed, or hurt again.

Didn't last on the Giants either. I bet the big bad Eli Manning laughed about him too. Fuck off Andrews you waste of a first round pick.

Andrews is a bum for sure, just saying that a lot of former Eagles have had less then positive things to say about Mcnabb since he left.

Even as just a casual NFL fan I never knew how to feel about McNabb. I never watched the Eagles play and thought "this guy is amazing!" Of course the closest he ever got to really looking great was when he had TO, since he spent most of his career with shaky WRs. But even then, all the stuff from the SB was so ugly

I watched most of the SB a while ago and it is still so painful. He had so many guys just wide open, and then he kept forcing passes into coverage when he would get into the redzone. That was by far the worst game he played that year.

Striker

He never really mentioned names except how Dawkins was the leader and somebody he could trust. He then mentioned the guy taking snaps, so the interviewer brought up the McNabb name. Later, the interviewer tried to bring up the Runyan-contract thing but he didn't really act like it affected anybody.

Didn't Hugh Douglas say some things about McNabb, too?

His time with the Giants was short because of his back injury but when he could play he was really good.

squicken

David Shaw. Really cool perspective, but as long he is a college coach, mountain of salt

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/08/nfl-week-10-weekend-notes-greg-bedard/

“I have no desire to get back into the NFL,” Shaw told The MMQB in June. “You can’t buy it from me. It’s not money; I’m making good money. I love where I am now, the kids that we’re coaching. We’re producing some of the finest young people on the planet. Every year we’re turning those guys loose on society, and I feel really, really good about that. I think I’m a pretty smart guy, but I’m not the smartest guy in the room. That’s exciting to me. I’m around some guys who are brilliant, who will do great things in this world and I love to be surrounded by that.

effzee

You never watched the Eagles early on and saw the shit he was working with and thought wow they are winning solely because of him? I don't think he is HOF worthy but in his prime he was doing stuff that Russel Wilson and the guys do now.

The SB was just a bad game from him period. But he carried those teams on offense and even the playoffs run during the SB run was without TO. It was our D and McNabb on offense from 99-04 and then again from 05-08 until we got DJAX.

And YH I am sure tons of guys didn't like him. He was also perceived as "not black enough" by some players. But of all the players to trust when it comes to shit like this I would put Andrews right at the bottom by TO.

I'll take Westbrook and Dawkins word over assholes like TO or drama queens like Andrews.

effzee

He never really mentioned names except how Dawkins was the leader and somebody he could trust. He then mentioned the guy taking snaps, so the interviewer brought up the McNabb name. Later, the interviewer tried to bring up the Runyan-contract thing but he didn't really act like it affected anybody.

Didn't Hugh Douglas say some things about McNabb, too?

His time with the Giants was short because of his back injury but when he could play he was really good.

Runyan contract thing? I am unaware of this. What was that about?

Hugh Douglas as far as I know always had McNabb's back. He got into a locker room fight with TO over the whole way TO was acting with McNabb and in general.

So far the guys we have heard who had problems with McNabb make up the who's who of great character guys:

Andrews based on this interview
TO
Freddie Mitchell

And of course Andrews could play. But he was always hurt and the general perception in Philly was that he didn't really want to play, wasn't trying his best to get back on the field, and stole money from Lurie by sitting his ass in Cali to "rehab".

I wonder if anything like that went on with the Patriots. Belichick benches players for celebrating before TDs, so I can only imagine what he would do in that situation.

effzee

I wonder if anything like that went on with the Patriots. Belichick benches players for celebrating before TDs, so I can only imagine what he would do in that situation.

Locker room shit goes on for every club.

Fights. Guys not getting along. Hazing.

Its not new. I am not saying it goes to the level of Incognito-Martin but not everyone in the locker room gets along.

Brady is probably hated by some oft he guys on his team. 1/3 of the roster is overturn every year. The QBs make the most money. If they are there for 10+ years you don't think they will have teammates who they just don't get along with? They come in contact with 100s of players and guys. Its not that shocking.

Godslay

Banned
I see that the console war is bleeding over into our beloved NFL GAF. Too bad really.

The one thing I will say, is that Dragon is a bona fide Sony fanboy. Bias is clear homey. Became readily apparent to me yesterday in the Vita Remote play thread, as well as other threads which I've seen you post in. Which is perfectly fine. Everyone has their preferences at different levels.

As far as internal versus buying third party development. It's a different business model. Really when you think about it, MS absolves themselves of the risk of owning that studio. If they pay to publish it, and it fails, they are only on the hook for the publishing costs, as opposed to keeping the whole studio afloat. Just a different business model. If you are looking at it from a sense of morality (good/bad), you are doing it wrong. It's a business.

In terms of the other stuff, I think Trey nails it in that people want a box that does more than just play games. Personally, I would love if I could watch a game on Sunday, play a game at the same time, and get FF updates. I don't give a fuck if it's a GabenLordBox or a RetiredBallmerBox, an IwataGameRectangle, or CernyBossParallelogram. Just make it as functional as possible in my eyes, even at the sake of graphics.

squicken

You never watched the Eagles early on and saw the shit he was working with and thought wow they are winning solely because of him? I don't think he is HOF worthy but in his prime he was doing stuff that Russel Wilson and the guys do now.

The SB was just a bad game from him period. But he carried those teams on offense and even the playoffs run during the SB run was without TO. It was our D and McNabb on offense from 99-04 and then again from 05-08 until we got DJAX.

And YH I am sure tons of guys didn't like him. He was also perceived as "not black enough" by some players. But of all the players to trust when it comes to shit like this I would put Andrews right at the bottom by TO.

I'll take Westbrook and Dawkins word over assholes like TO or drama queens like Andrews.

Late 90s and early 2000s were the old days as far as seeing out of market games if you didn't have DirecTV or go to sports bars. I just saw highlights and couple national TV games a year. But also, you could watch a few Brett Favre or Steve Young games a year and see how awesome they were. McNabb never really seemed remarkable. I really had no idea he was so polarizing until he left Philly

Striker

Runyan contract thing? I am unaware of this. What was that about?
Noted how the Eagles FO were talking with him about his contract and Runyan spoke up about it; no hard feelings were taken. Seems like the main person he had an issue with was Donovan because he was always talking about him.

I Heard a story that they Made rookie Jerod Mayo pay for a 40,000 dollar meal before or somthing, and when BB heard about it he shut down anything like that happening again.

Hugh Douglas said years ago that if he had gotten hurt in the NFCCG he'd would have done what ever it took to stay in the game when Ike Reese mentioned Mcnabb not taking the shot against the Panthers.

I see that the console war is bleeding over into our beloved NFL GAF. Too bad really.

The one thing I will say, is that Dragon is a bona fide Sony fanboy. Bias is clear homey. Became readily apparent to me yesterday in the Vita Remote play thread, as well as other threads which I've seen you post in. Which is perfectly fine. Everyone has their preferences at different levels.

As far as internal versus buying third party development. It's a different business model. Really when you think about it, MS absolves themselves of the risk of owning that studio. If they pay to publish it, and it fails, they are only on the hook for the publishing costs, as opposed to keeping the whole studio afloat. Just a different business model. If you are looking at it from a sense of morality (good/bad), you are doing it wrong. It's a business.

In terms of the other stuff, I think Trey nails it in that people want a box that does more than just play games. Personally, I would love if I could watch a game on Sunday, play a game at the same time, and get FF updates. I don't give a fuck if it's a GabenLordBox or a RetiredBallmerBox, an IwataGameRectangle, or CernyBossParallelogram. Just make it as functional as possible in my eyes, even at the sake of graphics.
Sorry, I'll give it a rest. But for the record I never said anything about morality. All of the companies involved are here to make money but that doesn't mean we can't like one particular method of business more than the other.

brentech

13729953-mmmain.jpg

The rest of the world believes. Minnesota believes. This Sunday, Illinois will believe.
I'd like to see that poll as of a week or 2 ago.
Amazing how proud you all get at inner conference injuries. Big dogs!

Just a few weeks ago you mentioned Lions getting in as wild card.

effzee

Hugh Douglas said years ago that if he had gotten hurt in the NFCCG he'd would have done what ever it took to stay in the game when Ike Reese mentioned Mcnabb not taking the shot against the Panthers.

Didn't he take that hit in the first quarter? Or the first drive?

And then he played the rest of the game until the end when he got hit again as far as I can remember. My biggest memory from that game is our WRs getting mugged and not getting any calls and the Panthers RBs carrying our LBs into the endzone.

McNabb also played on a broken ankle, partially torn hernia, and thumb issues throughout the years. Its not like the guy was the best QB but a lot of this stuff I always beyond stupid. Fake controversies and stories about how McNabb smiled after an INT so that must mean he doesn't care about making mistakes. Or how he doesn't like Philly or its fans. Or how because he wasn't Brady or Manning it must mean he never tried his best or played through pain. Always looking for a reason when the real answer was that McNabb was good and to be great needed to be surrounded by much better talent at WR.

He wasn't the type of QB who you could stick any WR around (like you can with AROD or Brady) and still have throw the ball 50 times a game like Reid wanted. So since he wasn't that guy, the media just over obsessed over every little thing. I do stand by the fact that he had very little to work with. Guys like Pinkston, Thrash, Mitchell, Reggie Brown, Curtis, C. Johnson, and Torrence Small wouldn't crack the starting line up for most WR squads but were relied on heavily while McNabb was in his prime. It would have helped if we had a running game but that's Reid in a nutshell.

Godslay

Banned
Did you start visiting here in the post-snes era?

Nah.

Sorry, I'll give it a rest. But for the record I never said anything about morality. All of the companies involved are here to make money but that doesn't mean we can't like one particular method of business more than the other.

No need to apologize to me. Just seems like this is one of the few places in Gaf where we can normally have a decent conversation about it. Really, I don't give a shit how people waste their money. If you like one method of business over another that's fine too.

But to paint MS as some juggernaut that buys up the industry and is evil for doing so is stupid (not saying that you said this btw).

Going to happy hour, since I'm an old catch you guys later.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Please no. Also lol at kas puffing up the Lions for beating out 3 teams that have all had their QB injured for the division.

When we played Cutler and Rodgers, both were healthy. I still think even with Rodgers healthy we would still win the division. I'm not saying that as a Lions fan, but a football fan.

Either way we'd get in as a wildcard and we have a easy W when we play you guys December 8th.

Once you get in the playoffs anything can happen. With a defensive line that puts pressure like ours, and one of the most explosive offenses in the league I like our odds.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9945888/most-players-survey-want-richie-incognito

fYX67Xb.png

Those who answered true to the third question were also asked to provide the highest dollar amount they were asked to provide as part of the hazing incident. A wide range of answers were given.

Some of the answers included $40 for donuts, $100 for Chick-Fil-A and $2,500 and $5,000 for team dinners. In addition, six of the players surveyed said they spent $8,000, $9,000, $10,000 (two players), $12,000 and $18,000. Those six players did not identify how the money was used.

squicken

When we played Cutler and Rodgers, both were healthy. I still think even with Rodgers healthy we would still win the division. I'm not saying that as a Lions fan, but a football fan.

Either way we'd get in as a wildcard and we have a easy W when we play you guys December 8th.

Once you get in the playoffs anything can happen. With a defensive line that puts pressure like ours, and one of the most explosive offenses in the league I like our odds.

Crazy to think the Lions could end up with a bye. Huge game vs CHI. If you guys can't torch that defense and win I'm not sure I can take you as serious contenders

I also thought it was kind of funny that Cutler rushed back. I wonder if he saw McCown's success and worried it was costing him FA money?

Gobias

Banned
Lol..... but here are guys I like, and when I post these I don't really expect us to need them to come right out the gate and start right away.

Boyd - despite the performance In the Florida game. people seem to have cooled down on him after that Saturday night game. But I like what I think he could do with Chud and Norv.

Manzielly Fish
Mariota
Bridgewater
Hundley - but if he comes out I'd definetly want him to sit abit
Stephen Morris - haven't had the chance to see to many of his games this year, but I'm still gonna throw him on here.
Garappolo - personally haven't seen him play, but he's been talked about on Browns radio and I guess we scouted him to. So just throwing his name on the post

But of all these guys I think right now I'm most interested in Boyd, Mariota, and Manziel.

I haven't watched many Oregon games this year, but Mariota sucked really bad last night. So I'm sure Lombardi was impressed and we'll draft him with our first pick.

Top Bottom