• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Godslay

Banned
People do the same thing with phones too. Always wondered how many former console warriors graduated up into the more "mature" phone wars.

Phone wars are even worse. Simply because everyone has a phone. I've been around actual phone war battles in real life, it's terrible.

Like my wife for instance, bought an Iphone 5, I come home and see it for the first time, and I was like, "Oh hell no!". "Nobody in my household will own an Iphone, drive a BMW, or wear American Eagle clothing." I prompted shoved the Iphone in the garbage disposal, grinded it up, and filed for divorce. Plenty of room in the trailer now!

Seriously though, I try to avoid those conversations at all costs.

Konka

Banned
Phone wars are even worse. Simply because everyone has a phone. I've been around actual phone war battles in real life, it's terrible.

Like my wife for instance, bought an Iphone 5, I come home and see it for the first time, and I was like, "Oh hell no!". "Nobody in my household will own an Iphone, drive a BMW, or wear American Eagle clothing." I prompted shoved the Iphone in the garbage disposal, grinded it up, and filed for divorce. Plenty of room in the trailer now!

Seriously though, I try to avoid those conversations at all costs.

I stay out of it by using a flip phone. I'd really love a smart phone don't get me wrong but I can't justify the price of data plans.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What if Slo and gata had a baby?

article-1266222669924-0848C8D5000005DC-232281_636x300.jpg

Godslay

Banned
I stay out of it by using a flip phone. I'd really love a smart phone don't get me wrong but I can't justify the price of data plans.

Yeah that's smart. I have an old flip phone that I loved. I thought about going back to it simply because everywhere I go there is a computer. I don't use the data on my phone much at all, so it feels like an expensive waste. I'm sure as soon as I would make the switch though I'd find a reason to regret it.

MechDX

Yeah that's smart. I have an old flip phone that I loved. I thought about going back to it simply because everywhere I go there is a computer. I don't use the data on my phone much at all, so it feels like an expensive waste. I'm sure as soon as I would make the switch though I'd find a reason to regret it.

jitterbug-709324.jpg

You old

Godslay

Banned
I rocked the Motorola Krave

motorola-krave-zn4-1.jpg

Was like a Star Trek communicator. I even had the chirping noise as my ringtone.

Nice that's a good looking phone.

@chris. I remember that phone. My first phone was a Nokia 6160 iirc. I bet that beast would still run today.

I don't remember what my first phone was, it was so long ago, but the first phone I really liked was a Nextel. The push to talk was amazing when it came out.

Konka

Banned
I hope that part of that is just the camera perspective, otherwise...god damn. It's like we're going backwards in time to the days when the first cellular phones were gigantic.

It's pretty big...

The Galaxy Golden runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and features two 3.7-inch Super AMOLED touch screens mounted back-to-back. The unconventional form factor is a smartphone take on the familiar clamshell design still used in many basic flip phones today. The design lets you access the smartphone screen in both closed and open positions.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_...the-samsung-galaxy-golden-android-flip-phone/

Doorman

It's pretty big...

All I can think of is the place I work, where literally every person under the age of 30 that owns a smartphone with a screen remotely close to that size has massive cracks in it. Large screens are nice and all but we're reaching that point of diminishing returns for the portability factor...which I would imagine is kind of important for a phone.

I disable images on mobile.

Desktop needs the option for just .gifs. Gaming side is unbearable with a bunch of douches posting 10 .gifs that are 50mb apiece.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I got Call of Duty: Ghosts for free bitches!

Canadian Futureshops and Best Buys are doing this insane deal to bring in ANY current gen game and get a 360 or PS3 copy of Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts or whatever the new Assassin's Creed is.

Had to wait 2 hours in line but thanks Madden 09 for your sacrifice.

Narag

Canadian Futureshops and Best Buys are doing this insane deal to bring in ANY current gen game and get a 360 or PS3 copy of Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts or whatever the new Assassin's Creed is.

Thread about that had some funny stories including some dude trading in Nintendogs for COD or something.

MechDX

You've been Keenum'ed. Its the avatar

Top Bottom