• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Disney flick is Bambi.

I like Dumbo because it's preachy as fuck and I like movies that take stands.

Aladdin is my personal favorite.

Bowser

I enjoyed it as well but I can see why people don't like it. The third act drags on and gets a little too crazy with the action.

This is how I feel as well. I liked the movie well enough, but that last act was exhausting. I was like "cool, but can we get to the end?"

Mindlog

PS4 games acquired. Thank you, Target.
Didn't have time to make it to one today and I'm hearing that stocks are almost gone. Hopefully games are still left when I swing by in the morning. If nothing is left than I'll just buy KZ. It's the only one I'm really interested in right now. I like using planes in BF, but missiles/tracking weapons are dumb and boring. Don't even know what I would want for a third game.

EA needs to make Battlefield 1944. '43 was one of my favorites. Also a Madden that's as good as The Show is to baseball and 2K is to basketball.

Baseball minute: Go Meyers!

Bowser

3s0c4hK.jpg

Riverboat Ron's holding all the right cards!

Find the post where I said it would be an easy game... you won't because I never did. That's your own creation. I said we would blow the doors off of some team, and everyone else speculated who it would be, but did I ever say who it was?

I don't expect it to be an easy game, but I fully expect to beat KC both games. At home and away. Will it happen? I don't know.

You said you would blow the doors off the Chiefs, and provided a very specific date, I believe. I don't have time to go back and hunt that down, but you know what you said.

Own it, my man. It'll make your upcoming victory that much sweeter. You guys can finally confirm what everyone has known since week one: the Chiefs are an undefeated fraud.

You're the first good team we've played. Sure, you lost to the only team above .500 you've played, but those are just details. There's no way we put up enough points to hang with a Manning shootout. Our only hope is to prevent that shootout altogether, and GAF knows our defense is trash.

Colts 27, Chiefs 10.

Movie gaf suckered me into watching Speed Racer, holy fuck that was a terrible movie.

I actually avoided the movie because of movie GAF. Anytime I asked about it I got responses like

"it's visually stunning"

"The visuals are amazing"

visuals

visuals

visuals

Not one reply about the story or characters. Though I guess that's very similar to GAF's opinions on games.

Hunter S.

Damn, tragic comecy Godslay is one of the nicest NFL-GAF regulars. He usually says the Broncos must respect evey team. He probably hopes we light the Chiefs up into the ulimate fraudulent team, but I doubt he would type it. That is not his style. Anyways, a lot of people do think the Chiefs can win this so no need to be so huffy and puffy.

Bold but I'd have more faith in your team.

My wife insists we're going to win. I'm too pragmatic to have her optimism, and Chiefs nation is flying high right now at 9-0. We're due for 3-4 losses this year, and next week looks like likely candidate #1.

Damn, tragic comecy Godslay is one of the nicest NFL-GAF regulars. He usually says the Broncos must respect evey team. He probably hopes we light the Chiefs up into the ulimate fraudulent team, but I doubt he would type it. That is not his style. Anyways, a lot of people do think the Chiefs can win this so no need to be so huffy and puffy.

Vegas has the Broncos up by 7.5. I don't think you'll hear any pundits picking the Chiefs on the Sunday shows.

They're much stronger than we are at QB and WR. We're stronger at RB and defense, particularly our D-line and secondary. I think the Bronco's secondary is trash, but we're not exactly the sort of team to punish them for that. Bowe is our one decent potential deep threat (who rarely gets used) and I'm not even sure if he's playing.

I place my faith and trust in Jamaal Charles and our defense, peace be upon them.

The difference maker: Peyton Manning's ankles, peace be upon them. He's the least mobile QB in the league so he doesn't need them for anything other than his happy feet dancing and planting to throw. If something were to happen to his ankles...peace be upon them.

Man of Steel was such trash. My favorite part was Zod's music video telling people he was coming. The thing was so big, loud and dumb but filmed so serious to try and cover up its flaws. It's coolest part was that Jor-El was awesome, but that was also it's biggest problem. I wanted him to just kick his boring ass son into an ocean of kryptonite and let the movie instead be all about Jor-El.

Drakeon

Who all's going to be on Killzone? I'm going to get an early lead tomorrow playing with all the other Taco Bell winners and journalists on MP. Definitely going to do some SP as well.

Vyer

Movie gaf suckered me into watching Speed Racer, holy fuck that was a terrible movie.

Yeah I dont get the praise

Speed racer was a terrible movie

I actually avoided the movie because of movie GAF. Anytime I asked about it I got responses like

"it's visually stunning"

"The visuals are amazing"

visuals

visuals

visuals

Not one reply about the story or characters. Though I guess that's very similar to GAF's opinions on games.

I could only make it about 30 minutes. Terrible.

Godslay

Banned
You said you would blow the doors off the Chiefs, and provided a very specific date, I believe. I don't have time to go back and hunt that down, but you know what you said.

Own it, my man. It'll make your upcoming victory that much sweeter. You guys can finally confirm what everyone has known since week one: the Chiefs are an undefeated fraud.

You're the first good team we've played. Sure, you lost to the only team above .500 you've played, but those are just details. There's no way we put up enough points to hang with a Manning shootout. Our only hope is to prevent that shootout altogether, and GAF knows our defense is trash.

Colts 27, Chiefs 10.

Do you think I don't remember the things I type from this very keyboard? Here's a list for you, with your hollowed date, which happens to be the end of the season. Dec 29th. All posts are unedited, unlike our friend Amirox. I know what you are trying to do, but this isn't my first rodeo, so keep trying.

Sure, there are plenty of teams that the Broncos can beat most of the time. Teams that can score are the ones that I think will give us trouble. That's why I felt that way with the Eagles, Cowboys, and now the Chargers. At the time, I felt the Eagles would play better, so I thought they would be able to go blow for blow. I was wrong at the time, but that's the jist of it.

There is a team on our upcoming schedule that I think we'll blow the doors off, but I won't say who. Just have to wait to see how it plays out I guess.

The original post...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88937229&postcount=1533

Followed by...
All I'll say is that we play them sometime between now and Dec 29. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88937513&postcount=1538

Hey look at that, December 29th. Last game of the season, so sometime between the bye week and that date we will play a team we will blow the doors off. It's a date range. If you failed to notice, everyone else is implying that it's the Chiefs game. Was that the game I was talking about? Maybe, maybe not. But if it's going to grind your gears like this, maybe I'll never tell.

The trail goes on, with such self-aware gems as...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88483271&postcount=4284

Or this one...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88487813&postcount=4613

The only victory I care about is the Superbowl. The first step on the way there is the playoffs. As such that's what I care about. Regular season games, are regular season games. I don't care who we have to beat to get there, as long as we've got a seat on the bus. If we beat the Chiefs I will be happy no doubt, if we lose, I'll be upset but not for long, assuming we come out healthy. I'm going to bed now, so do as you will. All I will say is good night, and good luck.

squicken

I would just like to vote for Beauty and the Beast for new-ish Disney and Dumbo for all-time. I remember being shocked to find out Lenny Briscoe was Lumiere

Hunter S.

My wife insists we're going to win. I'm too pragmatic to have her optimism, and Chiefs nation is flying high right now at 9-0. We're due for 3-4 losses this year, and next week looks like likely candidate #1.

Vegas has the Broncos up by 7.5. I don't think you'll hear any pundits picking the Chiefs on the Sunday shows.

They're much stronger than we are at QB and WR. We're stronger at RB and defense, particularly our D-line and secondary. I think the Bronco's secondary is trash, but we're not exactly the sort of team to punish them for that. Bowe is our one decent potential deep threat (who rarely gets used) and I'm not even sure if he's playing.

I place my faith and trust in Jamaal Charles and our defense, peace be upon them.

The difference maker: Peyton Manning's ankles, peace be upon them. He's the least mobile QB in the league so he doesn't need them for anything other than his happy feet dancing and planting to throw. If something were to happen to his ankles...peace be upon them.

His ankle apparently hurts quite a bit, but yeah, he is a pocket passer for sure that excels by releasing the ball as quickly as possible so the injury should be less harmful than many other players.
I do not see any problem with your critique of the Broncos. The secondary sometime gives up a lot of free plays and they have not had a good safety in some years.

My main thought after doing some research is that the Chiefs and Broncos are truly polar opposites. With statistics showing the Chiefs as being truly the best defense and the Broncos being truly the best offense. Chiefs get a lot of points of of their D the highest in the league, and a lot of points form their special teams but a really small amount from the offense. IIt is offense that seems like it cannot compete, and on paper it looks like almost things are going for the Broncos as they are at home. That being my belief I have seen statistical models that predict a Chief win so I am no so certain myself.

My stats mostly are here: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stat/total-offense-category

I was watching the local news earlier and they did say Dwayne Bowe would miss the game. Local media was kind of gloating about it. Anyways, Vegas predicted the Broncos the biggest margin against the Jags and it came nowhere near coming true so I am not treating a this game as a certain win as that would be foolish to do for such an accomplished team this year in the Chiefs.

Fox318

Personally, I think the Broncos are going to blow the doors off the Chiefs.

Defense will always keep games close and I don't trust the Broncos defense. Every Peyton team depends on them getting 2 scores up and a team forced to abandon the run. That won't happen with the Chiefs.

Chiefs win.

Dream Scenario....

Ed Reed signs with Ravens as Special Assistant to Secondary Coach. Steve Bisciotti finds out what ESPN is paying Ray.....doubles it, hires Ray to stand on the sidelines and dance and yell at people.

Ravens sneak into the playoffs on the shoulders of our resurgent D, where Joe Flacco transform Optimus Playoff Flacco 4000 QB Machine of Dreams

Superbowl

Bowser

Dream Scenario....

Ed Reed signs with Ravens as Special Assistant to Secondary Coach. Steve Bisciotti finds out what ESPN is paying Ray.....doubles it, hires Ray to stand on the sidelines and dance and tell at people.

Ravens sneak into the playoffs on the shoulders of our resurgent D, where Joe Flacco transform Optimus Playoff Flacco 4000 QB Machine of Dreams

Superbowl

Nah y'all used that bullshit fairy magic up last year. No playoffs for you!

as i've said so many times before, alex smith is a wild animal. if your offense doesn't score a lot of points he is content to play it close and conservative. but when you threaten him and back him into a corner (as the saints learned in 2011 divisional, for instance) then he must strike and he must strike with a fatal blow. be careful broncos.... be very careful

Fox318

Dream Scenario....

Ed Reed signs with Ravens as Special Assistant to Secondary Coach. Steve Bisciotti finds out what ESPN is paying Ray.....doubles it, hires Ray to stand on the sidelines and dance and yell at people.

Superbowl

Didn't Flacco say that nobody really listened to Ray during his last seasons because they had no idea what the hell he was talking about half the time?

Godslay

Banned
His ankle apparently hurts quite a bit, but yeah, he is a pocket passer for sure that excels by releasing the ball as quickly as possible so the injury should be less harmful than many other players.
I do not see any problem with your critique of the Broncos. The secondary sometime gives up a lot of free plays and they have not had a good safety in some years.

My main thought after doing some research is that the Chiefs and Broncos are truly polar opposites. With statistics showing the Chiefs as being truly the best defense and the Broncos being truly the best offense. Chiefs get a lot of points of of their D the highest in the league, and a lot of points form their special teams but a really small amount from the offense. IIt is offense that seems like it cannot compete, and on paper it looks like almost things are going for the Broncos as they are at home. That being my belief I have seen statistical models that predict a Chief win so I am no so certain myself.

My stats mostly are here: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team-stat/total-offense-category

I was watching the local news earlier and they did say Dwayne Bowe would miss the game. Local media was kind of gloating about it. Anyways, Vegas predicted the Broncos the biggest margin against the Jags and it came nowhere near coming true so I am not treating a this game as a certain win as that would be foolish to do for such an accomplished team this year in the Chiefs.

In the last three games (since Miller's return) Denver defense has played better statistically than the Chiefs, but whatever, they still dropped a game so it is what it is. More sacks, less yards, both rushing and passing, more interceptions, in addition to facing Luck, RG3, and Rivers during that stretch. The point totals are deceptive since there were turnovers galore, but the defense has held its own whether you want to believe it or not.

Even with that said KC is rested, Reid is 13-1 off of the bye, we are beat up on the line, and are missing Fox. Plus they are undefeated. As well as divisional game. I still think we win, but it's not an ideal situation. Now I'm really off to bed.

Boose

Jeff Fisher on Sam Bradfords Injury.

"As far as his return date, he's not gonna miss time next fall. We're not gonna turn it into a circus like the Redskins. He'll be back for camp."

Got my SuperBowl XLIX tickets ready.

squicken

Boose where did you see that quote? I was curious why he wasn't at the Colts game and wondered if he had a setback

What'd you think about Saffold at guard?

I had heard it said before this past week that he could be an All Pro at guard. There was a run at the end of the game where Benny went for 56, and Saffold sprung it. Was great to see. God I wish he could stay healthy. Little chance he comes back but for the last 6 games it is a good fit

Fortunately it looks like Barksdale is a solid tackle. I see mock drafts trying to fix the Rams tackles, and while they need an heir to Long, the actual problem is the GCG. With Saffold at RG that unit is pretty solid right now

I had heard it said before this past week that he could be an All Pro at guard. There was a run at the end of the game where Benny went for 56, and Saffold sprung it. Was great to see. God I wish he could stay healthy. Little chance he comes back but for the last 6 games it is a good fit

Fortunately it looks like Barksdale is a solid tackle. I see mock drafts trying to fix the Rams tackles, and while they need an heir to Long, the actual problem is the GCG. With Saffold at RG that unit is pretty solid right now

They looked real good. Shame all of these pieces started falling into place right after Bradford got hurt

squicken

They looked real good. Shame all of these pieces started falling into place right after Bradford got hurt

Yeah it is funny, before the year I thought the key to the year was the health of the OL. But the Rams have been very, very lucky this year overall as far as health. Very few missed games or hobbled players relative ot the rest of the league. Just the one spot they couldn't afford it

If the schedule had broken different, and they got DAL and ATL now instead of earlier, they could win those games even with Clemens. Every team takes injuries, but SF, SEA and NOLA haven't really been wrecked by injuries to the extent as other teams, and are still on the schedule, so there's probably only a couple of wins left. Colts game was very fluky, but the defense shutting down their offense wasn't. They are really screwed w/o Wayne. Teams will double Hilton and blitz Luck into oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom