• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Fisher on Sam Bradfords Injury.

"As far as his return date, he's not gonna miss time next fall. We're not gonna turn it into a circus like the Redskins. He'll be back for camp."

Got my SuperBowl XLIX tickets ready.
Haha funny quote, I thought him and Shanny were boys.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didn't have time to make it to one today and I'm hearing that stocks are almost gone. Hopefully games are still left when I swing by in the morning. If nothing is left than I'll just buy KZ. It's the only one I'm really interested in right now. I like using planes in BF, but missiles/tracking weapons are dumb and boring. Don't even know what I would want for a third game.

EA needs to make Battlefield 1944. '43 was one of my favorites. Also a Madden that's as good as The Show is to baseball and 2K is to basketball.

Baseball minute: Go Meyers!

They were out of Knack and I took the last copy of NBA.

Yeah it is funny, before the year I thought the key to the year was the health of the OL. But the Rams have been very, very lucky this year overall as far as health. Very few missed games or hobbled players relative ot the rest of the league. Just the one spot they couldn't afford it

If the schedule had broken different, and they got DAL and ATL now instead of earlier, they could win those games even with Clemens. Every team takes injuries, but SF, SEA and NOLA haven't really been wrecked by injuries to the extent as other teams, and are still on the schedule, so there's probably only a couple of wins left. Colts game was very fluky, but the defense shutting down their offense wasn't. They are really screwed w/o Wayne. Teams will double Hilton and blitz Luck into oblivion

huh? niners have had aldon missing a third of the season, pwill missing a few games, crabtree lost for probably 4/5ths of the season, ian williams (starting NT and was looking awesome) out for the year, VD missing games (and our offense is worthless without him), and craig dahl has played meaningful snaps in a regular season game. i guess if you mean by avoiding injuries to the o-line then ok but we've had some significant injuries.

and i'm no seattle lover but their o-line is decimated with injuries. although from the looks of it the guys that are in there are now performing better than those they replaced. OF COURSE!

squicken

huh? niners have had aldon missing a third of the season, pwill missing a few games, crabtree lost for probably 4/5ths of the season, ian williams (starting NT and was looking awesome) out for the year, VD missing games (and our offense is worthless without him), and craig dahl has played meaningful snaps in a regular season game. i guess if you mean by avoiding injuries to the o-line then ok but we've had some significant injuries.

and i'm no seattle lover but their o-line is decimated with injuries. although from the looks of it the guys that are in there are now performing better than those they replaced. OF COURSE!

No doubt both teams have built great depth. But SEA has been very lucky on defense with injuries. No one has perfect health, but they have had their key guys stay healthy and the same with most of the role guys. So in games where they get exposed on offense, the defense can carry them. All Russ or Lynch need to do is make a couple of plays.

And Rice was worse than Kearse is. As far as their line, Lynch is amazing. Just carries their run game at times. And of course Russell's scrambling is huge. If they lost either of those guys they'd be screwed

SF has been hit, but you are deep at LB. You can shut down down the run games of bad teams and your DBs have stayed healthy. You haven't had something like the Texans where the entire middle of their back end got decimated, so they can't cover backs or TEs. And Gore and the OL have been fine which is all you need to beat bad teams. And they league is mostly bad teams. You need Crabbles back for the games against the good teams.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Let's see...

Excluding the suspension on Bruce Irvin, the following have missed games this year:

Starting C Max Unger
Starting RT Breno Giacomini
Starting LT Russell Okung
Starting TE Zach Miller
Backup TE Anthony McCoy (now on IR)
Rookie FB/RB Spencer Ware (now on IR)
New starting FB Derrick Coleman (which is why FB Michael Robinson is back on the team)
WR Percy Harvin
WR Syndey Rice (now on IR)
Starting MLB Bobby Wagner
Starting CB Brandon Browner (now on IR)
Rookie CB Tharold Simon (PUP)
Starting DT Tony McDaniel
Rookie DT Jesse Williams (IR)
Rookie DT Jordan Hill
Starting DE Red Bryant

Boose

Boose where did you see that quote? I was curious why he wasn't at the Colts game and wondered if he had a setback

I had heard it said before this past week that he could be an All Pro at guard. There was a run at the end of the game where Benny went for 56, and Saffold sprung it. Was great to see. God I wish he could stay healthy. Little chance he comes back but for the last 6 games it is a good fit

Fortunately it looks like Barksdale is a solid tackle. I see mock drafts trying to fix the Rams tackles, and while they need an heir to Long, the actual problem is the GCG. With Saffold at RG that unit is pretty solid right now

He said it in the latest Jeff Fisher Show. Also said Bradford didn't travel with the team because they didn't want to risk him traveling.

I agree that Saffold looked good. I've been surprised by Barksdale he seems to be a good tackle.

grant_r_JustinHalpern_UAQB_1090.jpg

Not sure how I missed this. :jnc

squicken

Let's see...

Excluding the suspension on Bruce Irvin, the following have missed games this year:

Starting C Max Unger
Starting RT Breno Giacomini
Starting LT Russell Okung
Starting TE Zach Miller
Backup TE Anthony McCoy (now on IR)
Rookie FB/RB Spencer Ware (now on IR)
New starting FB Derrick Coleman (which is why FB Michael Robinson is back on the team)
WR Percy Harvin
WR Syndey Rice (now on IR)
Starting MLB Bobby Wagner
Starting CB Brandon Browner (now on IR)
Rookie CB Tharold Simon (PUP)
Starting DT Tony McDaniel
Rookie DT Jesse Williams (IR)
Rookie DT Jordan Hill
Starting DE Red Bryant

But you haven't been hit like Atlanta has. They were built around their WRs and Ryan. They then lost OLs and both WRs. Dallas' defense lost their 3 best players. It would be like you guys losing Sherman, Thomas and Wagner. You aren't built to win shootouts, and ATL isn't built to win defensive struggles

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
But you haven't been hit like Atlanta has. They were built around their WRs and Ryan. They then lost OLs and both WRs. Dallas' defense lost their 3 best players. It would be like you guys losing Sherman, Thomas and Wagner. You aren't built to win shootouts, and ATL isn't built to win defensive struggles
Included in the list. He missed two games!

squicken

Included in the list. He missed two games!

Hey I am not arguing you guys don't have tremendous depth. Same with SF. A testament to the coaching staffs and front offices for evaluation and development. But your offense didn't lose Lynch and Russell, and the defense didn't lose Sherman and Thomas. Those four guys are much much better than their backups.

I'm more excited about the Rams than I have in a long time. Crazy to think that this team is actually built to work with a mediocre backup QB when other teams seem to just completely collapse. I like to think we'd be 6-4 if Bradford was still healthy.

Speaking of Bradford, if he underperforms next season do you think we might actually take a chance at another QB? I imagine we'll be drafting an actual back-up this year but it seems we actually have a good/decent team to put around a rookie so he doesn't get completely shellshocked and ruined within a year.

I'm more excited about the Rams than I have in a long time. Crazy to think that this team is actually built to work with a mediocre backup QB when other teams seem to just completely collapse. I like to think we'd be 6-4 if Bradford was still healthy.

Speaking of Bradford, if he underperforms next season do you think we might actually take a chance at another QB? I imagine we'll be drafting an actual back-up this year but it seems we actually have a good/decent team to put around a rookie so he doesn't get completely shellshocked and ruined within a year.

I think if he underperforms we have to. I don't think he will. I think he will perform like he did this year and we will resign and continue to overpay him

squicken

Well there aren't too many QBs who are going to lose a game where the opponent scores 8 points. And as good as they looked vs SEA and IND, why did they give up 200 yards rushing to the Titans? Chris Johnson got shut down by Jacksonville, at home. Rams defense is wildly inconsistent.

As far as QB I wouldn't rule out them drafting one high. Fisher has to say he'll be back b/c he's keeping his options open. At a minimum, they need to draft a QB just to get through OTAs and Training Camp. They won't extend Bradford any time soon b/c of the injury issues

minx

Thank you joke Dolphins organization for trading Marshall for 2 3rd rounders. What a steal.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 34m
Since joining #Bears, Brandon Marshall has 11 100-yard receiving games. During that time, Calvin Johnson (15) is only NFL player with more.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 38m
Brandon Marshall has 19 TD catches since being traded to the #Bears. During that time, Dez Bryant (20) is only player in NFL with more.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 40m
Since Brandon Marshall was traded to the #Bears, no player in the NFL has more receptions than his 178.

And this one is really crazy considering two years ago our leading WR was Roy Williams. Roy fucking Williams.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 42m
Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall have combined for 1,521 receiving yards, the
most among any NFL tandem this season.

Well there aren't too many QBs who are going to lose a game where the opponent scores 8 points. And as good as they looked vs SEA and IND, why did they give up 200 yards rushing to the Titans? Chris Johnson got shut down by Jacksonville, at home. Rams defense is wildly inconsistent.

As far as QB I wouldn't rule out them drafting one high. Fisher has to say he'll be back b/c he's keeping his options open. At a minimum, they need to draft a QB just to get through OTAs and Training Camp. They won't extend Bradford any time soon b/c of the injury issues

Would you say that the run defense issues are a result of Walton being terrible or other issues (safety play being a major one)? I like to think that Quinn and Long are pretty much bailing Walton out every time we perform well defensively.

squicken

Would you say that the run defense issues are a result of Walton being terrible or other issues (safety play being a major one)? I like to think that Quinn and Long are pretty much bailing Walton out every time we perform well defensively.

A big problem on run defense is the two tackles. Brockers and Langford don't bring consistent effort. But neither Lauranitis or Ogletree get off blocks well, the safeties and CBs lose outside contain or miss tackles. I don't know enough about scheme, but you can turn on that TEN game and see Brockers on his ass, and Finnegan letting CJ get outside almost inexplicably. Like he just loses his mind

You are just sadly that I didn't deal McCoy to to you. I sent that offer so I liked it more than yours. Hopefully I don't regret it.
You said a deal would happen after waivers! I had no chance to counter!

Also it doesn't change the fact I offered better value. Any Trade Evaluator will back me up. SO THERE!

Trasher

Wooooooo! Go Lions!

The last time we played the Steelers, Calvin had a MONSTER game....wait....what? 1 catch for 2 yards?!?!

overcast

A big problem on run defense is the two tackles. Brockers and Langford don't bring consistent effort. But neither Lauranitis or Ogletree get off blocks well, the safeties and CBs lose outside contain or miss tackles. I don't know enough about scheme, but you can turn on that TEN game and see Brockers on his ass, and Finnegan letting CJ get outside almost inexplicably. Like he just loses his mind
Well, I was thinking next year we get another DT in the draft and maybe something in the secondary. I was hoping next draft has a few good receivers, but I really have no clue.

Dragon

Banned
Best Disney flick is Bambi.

I like Dumbo because it's preachy as fuck and I like movies that take stands.

Aladdin is my personal favorite.

Best Disney flick is Tangled. It's not even an opinion. The 3D master is fucking sublime.

Finally figured out what my Psn name is haha
Add me Ps4 bros, I think I have like 1 friend.
PSN: BLACK-ghost6

Added, I'm thebranca18 (thanks aim circa 2000!). Really wish I could change thissssssss.

bionic77

Best Disney flick is Tangled. It's not even an opinion. The 3D master is fucking sublime.

Added, I'm thebranca18 (thanks aim circa 2000!). Really wish I could change thissssssss.
Never saw Tangled but I am pretty sure that Aladdin is the better movie.

The three best animated movies that I have seen are Transformers the Movie, Spirited Away, and Ratatouille.

And regarding PS4 it seems like the console to get but this is the least excited I have been for a new generation since I have been alive. And I have seen pretty much every generation of gaming.

Knack is getting some atrocious reviews.

3/10 from Joystiq
4/10 from Eurogamer
5.9/10 from IGN

I don't put a lot of stock in the big review sites but when they start using that end of the scale it's generally a pretty decent indication of a turd. I'm feeling a lot more confident about making FIFA my third game now.

Milchjon

Knack is getting some atrocious reviews.

3/10 from Joystiq
4/10 from Eurogamer
5.9/10 from IGN

I don't put a lot of stock in the big review sites but when they start using that end of the scale it's generally a pretty decent indication of a turd. I'm feeling a lot more confident about making FIFA my third game now.

Between Knack and Resogun, I kinda chuckled when I saw what the saviors of the launch lineup were supposed to be.

I guess Killzone looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom