• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just skimmed Gaming, but sounds like the PS4 launch is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

So weird that Sony was the company that had the first reveal and basically set the date for all this, and yet they seem like they were really rushed. I dont get it at all.

Milchjon

Just skimmed Gaming, but sounds like the PS4 launch is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Honestly stuff like wobble, the controllers and dead consoles seem to be blown out of proportion. Most of that is either to be expected or has no real implications.

The only thing that's a bit interesting is that apparently the highest rated game has a Metascore of 82, if I understood that thread correctly.

How so? I haven't really even had the chance to skim gaming, just look at my subs.

Bowser is being overdramatic but in the IGN broken PS4 thread the op says that there are 8 reported cases so far out of the 4000 PS4s in the wild. Others have reported receiving dead controllers as well, plus some people are disappointed by the lack of launch exclusives and the poor reviews that the few launch exclusives there are got.

MechDX

So weird that Sony was the company that had the first reveal and basically set the date for all this, and yet they seem like they were really rushed. I dont get it at all.

Too busy making sure they fueled the fanboy fires on GAF instead of QA checking their console

eznark

Banned
Bowser is being overdramatic but in the IGN broken PS4 thread the op says that there are 8 reported cases so far out of the 4000 PS4s in the wild. Others have reported receiving dead controllers as well, plus some people are disappointed by the lack of launch exclusives and the poor reviews that the few launch exclusives there are got.

.2% hardly seems like a clusterfuck. Who expected the launch games to be good?

Controllers is pretty weird but fyidm and I already have a working controller!

Bowser

I mean I guess I went overboard saying epic clusterfuck, but it seems like there's no question this thing was a rush job for holiday season. I'm sure it'll get sorted out, and yeah, social media age magnifies these things, but besides the reported problems, it doesn't help that there seems to be no real hook, gamewise, to pick up a PS4 (or XBONE) at launch.

eznark

Banned
I mean I guess I went overboard saying epic clusterfuck, but it seems like there's no question this thing was a rush job for holiday season. I'm sure it'll get sorted out, and yeah, social media age magnifies these things, but besides the reported problems, it doesn't help that there seems to be no real hook, gamewise, to pick up a PS4 (or XBONE) at launch.

You're going to eat your words when I make millions streaming myself playing Just Dance. Pewdeznark incoming!

Fox318

iiW0urO6UPdpv.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
Damn. If the PS4 is as shitty as you say, you'll be at that all day.
there are hopeless goobers on craigslist who will waste money on anything because they have no priorities in life

I flipped my 5s for 850$ since I can use my 4s until the 6 hits. it wasn't a significant enough upgrade
sold my 360 for 180$ and ps3 for 190$ last month, basically covered my cost for the ps4

already have offers of 500 for the ps4 from some nerds but holding on for more since demand should be high from the shut ins. If I can get 600-650 for the bone I'm fine. but I'm willing to let that go cheaper since I have 2 of those coming. might keep one if killer instinct is good, but it's going during Xmas if the price is right

#BestTimeOfTheYear
#freemoney
#4kTVonBlackFridayBaby

dionysus

Yaldog
I missed part of football weekend and Monday - Wednesday in this thread because of my new son (7lbs 9oz) coming a week early.

I am sure the snark about the Hopkins "hacking" and Coach Reed cut were glorious. Sad I missed it. Texans are fun to follow this year, the dullest moments are win they are actually playing.

bionic77

broken consoles, defective design that wobbles, controllers dying, mediocre games

but all worth it to play knack

#ThatsWhyYouPutITonCraigslist
#$$$$$
That's why you get a 3DS. Reliable hardware, the best games (and it's not even fucking close), less than half the price and free online.

All you are giving up is the ability to share video of your games (worthless feature, the only thing more boring than watching someone play a game is watching the Steelers) or the ability to watch tv and play games at the same time or whatever the fuck the Bone does.

The choice is clear. If you have a functioning brain you will buy a 3DS. If you are a blind sheep then you will buy a shitty new console with no games.

Milchjon

That's why you get a 3DS. Reliable hardware, the best games (and it's not even fucking close), less than half the price and free online.

All you are giving up is the ability to share video of your games (worthless feature, the only thing more boring than watching someone play a game is watching the Steelers) or the ability to watch tv and play games at the same time or whatever the fuck the Bone does.

The choice is clear. If you have a functioning brain you will buy a 3DS. If you are a blind sheep then you will buy a shitty new console with no games.

What's it like having 8 candles on your birthday cake every year?

eznark

Banned

lol at having to make choices

ShaneB

I missed part of football weekend and Monday - Wednesday in this thread because of my new son (7lbs 9oz) coming a week early.

I am sure the snark about the Hopkins "hacking" and Coach Reed cut were glorious. Sad I missed it. Texans are fun to follow this year, the dullest moments are win they are actually playing.

Congrats!

Milchjon

Congrats! Hope everyone's happy and well!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Honestly stuff like wobble, the controllers and dead consoles seem to be blown out of proportion. Most of that is either to be expected or has no real implications.
of course it is. The people buying consoles at launch are prone to hyperbole. Besides the fact that the product is most likely to break within 90 days of purchase. Things break, big deal.
The only thing that's a bit interesting is that apparently the highest rated game has a Metascore of 82, if I understood that thread correctly.
launch window games

Milchjon

I guess you can't blame bionic for being wary of putting a PS Camera/Kinect into the bathroom where he has to do all his gaming.

Lunchbox

Banned

you're right, I can't argue with that logic. 3ds is the clear choice

only problem is I can't be seen with a video game handheld in public cause I'm not 9

#ItsCalledAniPhone

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Millions of people watch any show. Doesn't mean they're any good.

not really actually. Especially a cable network show, "good" ratings can be only in the hundreds of thousands. Breaking Bad started out in the hundreds of thousands and then exploded its final season to having 9-10 million viewers, which is really good for a cable network show.

If it were on ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX you would be correct, millions of people watch crap on those networks simply because more people have access to them.

So I made this chart because the Dolphins suck.

This is showing how much the top four picks in the 2013 draft have contributed for the Dolphins. I got the numbers from Football Outsiders and didn't feel like accounting for injuries and that type of thing so take it with a grain of salt.

Any of you guys remember me complaining about Nolan Carroll? Well, I do it because he's an absolute garbage CB who should never be on the field. Yet, regardless of how terribly he plays, he still gets the start whenever CB #2 Dmitri Patterson is injured, while Taylor and Davis sit on the bench twiddling their thumbs. I don't care who's to blame here. In other words, I don't care if it's because they suck or because the coaches suck at using them, but the point is this picture is downright depressing.

What's even more depressing is Dallas Thomas' "contribution." And by contribution I mean sitting on the bench without so much as a single snap this entire season. Yes, the Dolphins o-line which is historically one of the worst of all-time (and is now missing two starters) is still not using Dallas Thomas, while guys like Warford and Thornton have become key starters for their respective teams. Dallas Thomas sucked in the preseason so maybe this one is all on the idiots who drafted him, but the fact remains this is inexcusable.

Then of course there's Dion Jordan, who is only used on obvious passing downs even though the other DE's suck at stopping and containing the run. Whatever.

This team sucks. Drafting sucks, coaching sucks, it all sucks.

LevelNth

Banned
I have zero interest in any of the new systems cause games suck now, but out of curiosity I browsed through some of the reviews for the new PS4 games and frankly I have no idea why anyone is giving them any credence.

Gaming journalism has become so inept, predictable and juvenile (a perfect companion for the industry itself I guess) they need to be wholesale ignored. If people are 'worried' about the launch as a result of these reviews, don't be. Read them, they are hysterically awful.

Lunchbox

Banned
How much money has your dad put into your free to play Smurf Village?

better library than all next gen consoles combined.

when girls see this page in class they grab my phone and say oh you got birds in space? what's that? I didn't even know temple run 2 was out!

go play your free to play mobas in a dark room with other sconis. this is the future

not really actually. Especially a cable network show, "good" ratings can be only in the hundreds of thousands. Breaking Bad started out in the hundreds of thousands and then exploded its final season to having 9-10 million viewers, which is really good for a cable network show.

If it were on ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX you would be correct, millions of people watch crap on those networks simply because more people have access to them.

Thanks.

Anyway, Duck Dynasty is a surprisingly good show.

Bowser

better library than all next gen consoles combined.

when girls see this page in class they grab my phone and say oh you got birds in space? what's that? I didn't even know temple run 2 was out!

go play play your free to play mobas in a dark room with other sconis. this is the future

Why don't you just make a Games folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom