• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Seems like I missed a decent game, Colts looked dead before I went to play ball.

How far has Trent set the running back position?

squicken

Seems like I missed a decent game, Colts looked dead before I went to play ball.

How far has Trent set the running back position?

Would any of us not flip out if our team took a RB in the first round? Almost dogma now that unless it is Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, best wait

Brees in a dome three straight games?

m7oA2qL.gif

LJ11

Would any of us not flip out if our team took a RB in the first round? Almost dogma now that unless it is Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, best wait

I personally wouldn't, because I'm used to it!

In all seriousness, it depends. Was Lynch a worthy selection? Was Lacey worth a first, looked just as good as Trent to me? Loved Lacey and Ellington, later went in the 6th.

Really depends, seems like you can find good backs later, day two especially, but is it the value of the position or the selections being made? I love the position, but it's clearly on the decline, and probably not worth it. Better off building your OL/DL.

It's fair to say, that if you're taking a back in the first he better have elite pass catching ability for the position, and elite yards after contact/make you miss ability. I think Trent was up there in yards after contact last season. Dude is garbage, no way around it.

Draft fascinates the hell out of me. Sometimes you don't understand why/how a guy falls, and then other times you're left wondering how a dude that showed so much promise completely flames out.

squicken

Draft fascinates the hell out of me. Sometimes you don't understand why/how a guy falls, and then other times you're left wondering how a dude that showed so much promise completely flames out.

It just a hard position to predict. Most positions, the better players go early. Elite WRs are almost always first round picks. Same with pass rushers. Top RBs can go anywhere. Zac Stacy isn't a Pro Bowler, but he's a lot better than Isiah Pead will ever be. Just seems like a more random position, especially since they get hurt so much

But I would draft Lynch in the first if I knew I was getting what he has become. Lacey will have to prove that durability

squicken

I just got home. Did I miss all the Luck ballwashing? I assume not, because he hasn't looked very good since Wayne went down. Funny how that works. PEACE.

Some dudes deserve to have their balls washed

. In 186 career games, Tom Brady has seven wins after trailing by 12+ points. In 26 career games, Luck has six such wins. Viewed in another light, one-third of Indianapolis' 18 wins over the past two years have come via Luck's comeback heroics.

LJ11

It just a hard position to predict. Most positions, the better players go early. Elite WRs are almost always first round picks. Same with pass rushers. Top RBs can go anywhere. Zac Stacy isn't a Pro Bowler, but he's a lot better than Isiah Pead will ever be. Just seems like a more random position, especially since they get hurt so much

But I would draft Lynch in the first if I knew I was getting what he has become. Lacey will have to prove that durability

Lynch was damn good in college, but his last two years in Buffalo were marked by injury/off field issues, also played behind a bad OL his first two seasons, then they shipped off Peters and drafted young interior guards.

Cable's done wonders for Lynch, overlooked by some, basically the same zone heavy scheme that Cal ran. So similar, didn't have that in Buffalo.

What makes an Elite WR? Is Mike Evans an elite WR? Tons of yards after catch, can go up and get it, seems to get by guys all game long. A bit of Alshon in his game, probably better at going deep and working back to the ball.

What about Watkins, lots of throws behind the line of scrimmage, rarely pressed at the line however, but insanely strong hands, great open field vision and yac ability, and he can run you over or fly by you, whatever works.

What about route running?

squicken

Lynch was damn good in college, but his last two years in Buffalo were marked by injury/off field issues, also played behind a bad OL his first two seasons, then they shipped off Peters and drafted young interior guards.

Cable's done wonders for Lynch, overlooked by some, basically the same zone heavy scheme that Cal ran. So similar, didn't have that in Buffalo.

What makes an Elite WR? Is Mike Evans an elite WR? Tons of yards after catch, can go up and get it, seems to get by guys all game long. A bit of Alshon in his game, probably better at going deep and working back to the ball.

What about Watkins, lots of throws behind the line of scrimmage, rarely pressed at the line however, but insanely strong hands, great open field vision and yac ability, and he can run you over or fly by you, whatever works.

What about route running?

Evans perplexes me. I think he worth a top 10 pick, but he seems to have some weight and conditioning issues. Calvin Johnson isn't the greatest technician. Certainly not in the class of Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, but obviously gets it done

Rick Venturi used to do radio in STL, and does some radio hits still. Not the greatest coach, but has a label for players that I think is great. Call them "Ambien Players". Guys that keep coaches up late at night because he is so hard to stop

So my test for an elite WR; is the guy an Ambien Player? However he gets it done, does he scare the shit out of defenders. I don't think Nuk Hopkins will ever be an elite WR b/c he just isn't fast enough, and doesn't seem to be a good YAC guy. But Patterson can be if he figures out the game

Fuck Geoff for overhyping that event! I'll never let him get me hype again! I hate you!
His next tweet will probably hype me

Pretty awesome of Dez

jbug617

Banned
Fuck Geoff for overhyping that event! I'll never let him get me hype again! I hate you!
His next tweet will probably hype me

Pretty awesome of Dez

He probably going to be in VGA mode. They are doing MS launch event next week but they aren't hyping it up like they did with PS4 event

Did any of you goons get a PS4?
Waiting for my Amazon order, no idea what time itll get here haha. I'm hoping about 12 but I know most packages get to me about 5 so idk we'll see. After my system comes I'll hit up the store for games and maybe headset and stand.

Think I might try DCU and WarFrame today, pretty much free all day today
Edit: whit actually mines already out for delivery and not far from me, I'll definitely get mine 12 or earlier

jakncoke

Banned
Yay you're back!

No.

Also I just came across a article from 1998, Steelers made Joel Steed the richest Steeler ever at 3.85 and Titans gave Yancy Thigpen the biggest wr contract ever at 4.25, boy have times changed in a short period of time.

http://www.steelergridiron.com/history/articlecap.html

Jackson, the Steelers' 33-year-old left tackle, received the highest annual average of any lineman in NFL history when he signed last week with San Diego for $4.43 million a year. Jackson is a good tackle who never made the Pro Bowl. Webster, a center, made nine.
Steelers offensive linemen of the 1970s made well under $100,000 annually and the highest paid on the team, Bradshaw, made about $400,000 in his best payday.

Keep in mind that Lambert held out the entire training camp in 1977 and earned a new contract of $200,000 annually and that Harris earned $250,000.

RBH

cinci-sellout-story.jpg

The Buffalo Bills avoided the league’s first blackout of the season, after dipping into their own wallets for the second time.

The Bills announced the move this morning, saying that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. “guaranteed a sellout.”

That means he “bought his own inventory at 34 cents on the dollar” so the game would be shown on local television.

“Mr. Wilson has again generously guaranteed the purchase of the remaining tickets for this weekend’s game,” Bills President and CEO Russ Brandon said in a statement. “As part of our Salute to Service initiative, Mr. Wilson has donated the proceeds of all remaining tickets sold to Wounded Warrior Project.”

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1h
Wade Phillips said he wasn't involved in process of bringing in Ed Reed during the offseason. Wasn't involved in any discussions. #Texans

Retweeted by PDS

Wow. This franchise is in get fucked mode right now. Travis Johnson on 610 last night said Reed and Wade DID NOT get along at all. Complete difference in defensive philosophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom