• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

What embarrassment basement nerd from here did the banderas pose as he got the 1st sold PS4

Welcome back. I'm sure the reception will be gentle...

nTdWQfj.gif

I'm pretty sure from the goings on that there's a chance that Ben won't be with the Steelers in 2014. It's probably 20% right now but it's there.

Steelers aren't going to pay big bucks for poor production. The mandate's been set - Ben has to change his game. The o-line isn't great but it can do the job, and he has the weapons. Haley isn't going anywhere - FO is tired of Ben scapegoating him for failures on the field.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm pretty sure from the goings on that there's a chance that Ben won't be with the Steelers in 2014. It's probably 20% right now but it's there.

Steelers aren't going to pay big bucks for poor production. The mandate's been set - Ben has to change his game. The o-line isn't great but it can do the job, and he has the weapons. Haley isn't going anywhere - FO is tired of Ben scapegoating him for failures on the field.

Ben isn't going to survive Sunday, anyway. RIP

If Ben is traded, who do you think the Steelers draft at QB?

HURRY UP UPS! I have a half day at work and the wait to get home is killing me.:)

bionic77

:lol

We are fucked if that is the way the FO feels.

Haley is an assclown. If we let Ben go then we are going to be worse than the Browns for the next 10 years.

:lol

We are fucked if that is the way the FO feels.

Haley is an assclown. If we let Ben go then we are going to be worse than the Browns for the next 10 years.

We're 3-6 and behind the Browns now.

If Ben is traded, who do you think the Steelers draft at QB?

I don't know much about the QB crop coming out this year but a lof of smoke has been blown about Tajh Boyd. The scouting report I read says he's a one read QB so I hope it's not him - I don't think training a QB to be something he's not is the answer. *cough*

I don't know much about the QB crop coming out this year but a lof of smoke has been blown about Tajh Boyd. The scouting report I read says he's a one read QB so I hope it's not him - I don't think training a QB to be something he's not is the answer. *cough*

My condolences

bionic77

The entire team sucks right now. In the first 3 games Ben was terrible and if he was just average we could have won 2 of them. But since then he has played well and has not been the problem. He is getting zero help from the running game, his receivers, offensive line or coaching staff. And lets not forget that our defense is an embarrassment. We can't tackle, get pressure or cover. Not a good recipe for success in the NFL!

And who exactly are Ben's targets? Sanders is a shit player. Cotchery is old and is lucky to still be in the league, but should be a 3rd or 4th receiver. Heath is a God but he is old too and can't get the separation he used to. Our only elite receiver is Antonio Brown and as you can see with Mike Wallace a lot of that is more about Ben than it is about the receiver.

The only positive for this season was our kicker until he shat the bed and lost the game at Oakland.

Maybe you are right and the Front Office somehow thinks the problem is the qb and not the team or offensive coordinator, but if they do they are fucking morons.

Ben is one of very few good players on our team right now. If the plan is to get rid of him and take a chance in the draft I know how that story ends. See 1980-2004.

I don't have faith in the front office of coaching staff anymore anyways so whatever they do I am probably going to crap all over it.

I guess if they keep pushing the story, there may be something to it. Rapoport's deal seems to claim that it's Ben who wants the trade, others, like Florio, seem to think it's more the Steelers. I don't think it makes much sense financially for them to do it, not after all the contract restructuring and such, but who knows. I knew changes would be coming after this mess of a season and I still don't think Colbert and Haley are totally safe. There's no doubt that their recent draft flubs have been a huge detriment and Haley's O has been so poor in the redzone and he has failed to bring back the running attack that Art II had wanted. So if they move their focus from those guys and instead focus on moving Ben as solving their woes, I think they're making a mistake. In any event, going to be an interesting offseason!

The entire team sucks right now. In the first 3 games Ben was terrible and if he was just average we could have won 2 of them. But since then he has played well and has not been the problem. He is getting zero help from the running game, his receivers, offensive line or coaching staff. And lets not forget that our defense is an embarrassment. We can't tackle, get pressure or cover. Not a good recipe for success in the NFL!

And who exactly are Ben's targets? Sanders is a shit player. Cotchery is old and is lucky to still be in the league, but should be a 3rd or 4th receiver. Heath is a God but he is old too and can't get the separation he used to. Our only elite receiver is Antonio Brown and as you can see with Mike Wallace a lot of that is more about Ben than it is about the receiver.

The only positive for this season was our kicker until he shat the bed and lost the game at Oakland.

Maybe you are right and the Front Office somehow thinks the problem is the qb and not the team or offensive coordinator, but if they do they are fucking morons.

Ben is one of very few good players on our team right now. If the plan is to get rid of him and take a chance in the draft I know how that story ends. See 1980-2004.

I don't have faith in the front office of coaching staff anymore anyways so whatever they do I am probably going to crap all over it.

Everybody sucks but Ben? Come on.

I still think Ben is a great player. My problem with him (which I know the coaching staff shares) is that the backyard football he loves isn't working anymore, and to compound things as Ben ages it's going to injure him more and more. Haley's brought in and Ben instantly shits on him, and KEEPS doing it!

Everything about this season says Ben needs to change:

Team is 3-6 despite Ben starting every game
He's taken 31 sacks, second only to Tannehill
Lost 5 fumbles
Team is 28th in Red Zone %

I could go on. As I said before, yes the o-line has issues. Cry more - this is the NFL. Rodgers' line has issues. Peyton's line has issues. Luck's line has issues. Hell, BEN's line had major issues when we went to the Super Bowl in 08! They make do with what they have. Ben scoffs at any changes, then points fingers at the coaches when he throws picks in no huddle.

I guess if they keep pushing the story, there may be something to it. Rapoport's deal seems to claim that it's Ben who wants the trade, others, like Florio, seem to think it's more the Steelers. I don't think it makes much sense financially for them to do it, not after all the contract restructuring and such, but who knows. I knew changes would be coming after this mess of a season and I still don't think Colbert and Haley are totally safe. There's no doubt that their recent draft flubs have been a huge detriment and Haley's O has been so poor in the redzone and he has failed to bring back the running attack that Art II had wanted. So if they move their focus from those guys and instead focus on moving Ben as solving their woes, I think they're making a mistake. In any event, going to be an interesting offseason!

I think this is like a Harrison situation - they don't want to get rid of him, but will if he digs his feet in. Haley has his problems, but Ben does not want to run Haley's offense as it's been drawn up. He admitted as much.

Ben has a contract extension coming up: I just don't see the Steelers forking over big bucks for 8-8 and 5-11 seasons and a QB who can't stop shitting on his coaches in the media.

bionic77

Everybody sucks but Ben? Come on.

I still think Ben is a great player. My problem with him (which I know the coaching staff shares) is that the backyard football he loves isn't working anymore, and to compound things as Ben ages it's going to injure him more and more. Haley's brought in and Ben instantly shits on him, and KEEPS doing it!

Everything about this season says Ben needs to change:

Team is 3-6 despite Ben starting every game
He's taken 31 sacks, second only to Tannehill
Lost 5 fumbles
Team is 28th in Red Zone %

I could go on. As I said before, yes the o-line has issues. Cry more - this is the NFL. Rodgers' line has issues. Peyton's line has issues. Luck's line has issues. Hell, BEN's line had major issues when we went to the Super Bowl in 08! They make do with what they have. Ben scoffs at any changes, then points fingers at the coaches when he throws picks in no huddle.

I think this is like a Harrison situation - they don't want to get rid of him, but will if he digs his feet in. Haley has his problems, but Ben does not want to run Haley's offense as it's been drawn up. He admitted as much.

Ben has a contract extension coming up: I just don't see the Steelers forking over big bucks for 8-8 and 5-11 seasons and a QB who can't stop shitting on his coaches in the media.
Ben is who he is right now. He isn't going to change. Usually the team builds around the qb and not the other way around.

And honestly I hate everything about Haley. Ben should keep his mouth shut but in this case I feel like he is a downgrade from Arians. If Ben is considering being traded then we also have to take a hard look at the entire coaching staff, from the head coach down who have not performed very well these past 2 years.

squicken

I really think the Ben stuff is all contract posturing. He wants to be paid like the top guys and I don't think the team is willing to do that. If they had their druthers I imagine they would let him play out the last two years and franchise him if he still had anything left

Just seems weird to do all this right now. Why not wait until the offseason? At first I kind of thought it was a minor thing, but now there just seems to be too much smoke. Maybe it has been Ben dumping on Haley to the media?

I really think the Ben stuff is all contract posturing. He wants to be paid like the top guys and I don't think the team is willing to do that. If they had their druthers I imagine they would let him play out the last two years and franchise him if he still had anything left

Just seems weird to do all this right now. Why not wait until the offseason? At first I kind of thought it was a minor thing, but now there just seems to be too much smoke. Maybe it has been Ben dumping on Haley to the media?

It's funny that the dude wins two SBs and isn't getting paid like the top guy and Flacco wins one and bankrupts his team.

bionic77

Precisely why I think ditching him is on the table.
Everything should be on the table. Including firing Tomlin too. I am ok with that. But you can't just do shit without a plan in place. That is Jetsian.

I am ok with that. qb contracts are too big these days. Makes it hard to put together any talent around the rest of the team. Not likes it matter for the Steelers with how many busts we have had on the draft recently. :(

Well, now that I really think about it. They did move out his buddy Arians and made up the whole "retirement" story when obviously that was bullshit. Guess that could be part 1 of moving Ben out of the city and part 2 is on the horizon. I still don't think I'm board, if I had faith in their drafting and their development of those picks, I'd be more favorable. And I'm not ready for the Landry Jones era!

Well, now that I really think about it. They did move out his buddy Arians and made up the whole "retirement" story when obviously that was bullshit. Guess that could be part 1 of moving Ben out of the city and part 2 is on the horizon. I still don't think I'm board, if I had faith in their drafting and their development of those picks, I'd be more favorable. And I'm not ready for the Landry Jones era!

That's another thing. This Rappaport thing just smacks of the Steelers clumsily using the media to push the narrative they want like they did with Arians.

bionic77

I don't watch the Steelers too much, but solely from watching the Pats game, there's no way Ben is blameless.
That game said more about our defense than anything else.

He played alright in that game. Its not like Brady did anything spectacular. Our defense was non-existent. You literally could not see defenders on the screen during some of those completions.

It's funny that the dude wins two SBs and isn't getting paid like the top guy and Flacco wins one and bankrupts his team.
He signed an 8 year, 102 million dollar contract with 36 million in guarantees in '08.

At the time it made him one of the highest paid players in the league and it was one of the richest contracts the Steelers had given. Boo hoo for him.

Milchjon

That game said more about our defense than anything else.

He played alright in that game. Its not like Brady did anything spectacular. Our defense was non-existent. You literally could not see defenders on the screen during some of those completions.

Dude, I'm not talking defense. I know your defense was horrible and those TDs were hilarious. But Ben had several shit throws where he had no one to blame but himself. I remember at least one that should've been a TD.

If I had access to Gamepass right now, I'd even go back and look for the plays, because I love rewatching the game. Alas, I'm a dirty poor and that shit's outrageously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom