• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

vader.jpg

We're also 0-4 vs. the Dolphins in franchise history, so we needed that good luck charm.

CJ is likely to miss the game as well.

Classic trap game. Wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this one.

I hate that you guys keep bringing us up as a trap game...I keep getting my hopes up :(

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 20m
Chris Myers and Tim Ryan on the call for FOX's broadcast of Carolina-Miami on Sunday

We're fucked. We lost our Brian Billick good luck charm. GG Dolphins

vader.jpg

We're also 0-4 vs. the Dolphins in franchise history, so we needed that good luck charm.

CJ is likely to miss the game as well.

Classic trap game. Wouldn't be surprised if we dropped this one.
Panthers front seven should dominate the game, especially in the fourth quarter. This could be like that Tampa Bay game where the Dolphins idea of a running game is rare positive yardage on a QB sneak.

The Panthers offense will run all over Miami too. LB's can't tackle well and they are horrible at anticipating the route a RB (or a QB like Cam) will take. Expect gashing runs followed up by a PA revenge bomb or two to Ginntastic.

Bowser

I hate that you guys keep bringing us up as a trap game...I keep getting my hopes up :(

The only way we win this game is if one of your DBs talks shit about or to Smith before or during the game.

Speaking of Smith, a Panthers fan compiled his "family tree":

m2Q5YIs.jpg

edit: Oh damn I forgot this is another game on the Ginn Revenge tour. That could play a factor!

It literally is the classic definition of a trap game.

They're already calling last night's game the Panthers' biggest win in almost ten years in Charlotte. The team is due for a letdown from that emotional high.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are a team with talent, yet haven't been able to put together the results and sliding very quickly towards the cliff. They're a team playing for the postseason lives in front of their home fans, never mind all of the Incognito-Martin controversy.

The Panthers need to come out hot and quickly if they want to win that game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nice article from MLive about the rookies on the right side of our line:

Detroit Lions show confidence in Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle by running behind rookie duo late in win

13754981-mmmain.jpg

CHICAGO -- Larry Warford and LaAdrian Waddle aren't playing like rookies and it has reached a point where the Detroit Lions are confident leaning on the first-year offensive linemen in key situations.

In Detroit's 21-19 win over the Chicago Bears, the Lions' five longest runs, totaling 84 yards, went to the right side of the of the offensive line, where Warford and Waddle were opening up quality lanes for Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

Bush had back-to-back gains of 11 yards running behind the rookies during Detroit's nine-play, 74-yard touchdown drive late in the fourth quarter.

"They're strong guys and they can get movement in the run game," coach Jim Schwartz said. "We needed them in those times. We're trying to eat the clock. We're trying to get first downs and trying to score touchdowns."

Schwartz admitted the decision to run that direction indicates the confidence the team has in the duo.

"...It does say something about those guys, that we called their numbers not just once, but in critical situations," Schwartz said.

After failing to get consistent production at right guard last season, Warford was the presumed starter from the moment he was drafted in the third round this April.

After an up-and-down training camp, he has been stellar since the start of the regular season.

Waddle has been an even bigger surprise.

A four-year starter at Texas Tech, he went undrafted after earning All-Big 12 first team honors last season. At 6-foot-6, 320 pounds with long arms, he has an ideal frame to play offensive tackle.

After earning a roster spot with a strong training camp, Waddle found himself in the starting lineup after injuries to Jason Fox and Corey Hilliard.

With the way the rookie has been playing, he might not surrender the job. Pro Football Focus has given him the highest grade among Lions offensive lineman in each of his two starts.

Meanwhile our former RT Gosder Cherlius has been performing horribly in Indianapolis from the games I've seen him.

I've never really been a believer in picking offensive lineman in the Top 10. Look at Jason Smith, or Luke Joeckel. Waste of a pick. The Top 10 should be reserved for playmaking WRs, RBs, LBs, DBs, DLine and of course QBs. You can always find solid offensive lineman later in the rounds, and thats what Mayhew has done.

Take notes Miami Dolphins.

It literally is the classic definition of a trap game.

They're already calling last night's game the Panthers' biggest win in almost ten years in Charlotte. The team is due for a letdown from that emotional high.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are a team with talent, yet haven't been able to put together the results and sliding very quickly towards the cliff. They're a team playing for the postseason lives in front of their home fans, never mind all of the Incognito-Martin controversy.

The Panthers need to come out hot and quickly if they want to win that game.
Dolphins o-line is a practice squad player, a third round bust, a center that isn't a center, and two tackles that are too old and busted to play for the Ravens and Falcons. It'll be a miracle if the offense does much of anything positive.

Meanwhile our former RT Gosder Cherlius has been performing horribly in Indianapolis from the games I've seen him.

I've never really been a believer in picking offensive lineman in the Top 10. Look at Jason Smith, or Luke Joeckel. Waste of a pick. The Top 10 should be reserved for playmaking WRs, RBs, LBs, DBs, DLine and of course QBs. You can always find solid offensive lineman later in the rounds, and thats what Mayhew has done.

I like that you have already decided Luke is a waste of a pick. At least he doesnt come off the field every time there is an important play on defense.

Trey

Dolphins will harass Cam far better than the Pats did. Really an even match-up. A few plays will decide the game.

I have a bad feeling about this week and next Thursday.

It's Tampa fucking Bay and Green Bay minus Godgers.

I shouldn't feel this way, but man, if there was ever a Lions let down moment ... these next two weeks would be it.

On the other hand, Warford is looking great and so is Waddle, so at least we won't be burning mid-1st rounder on an OL this year. Maybe we can draft a DB? Maybe? Please?

RBH

All Microsoft Stores in the United States and Canada will have extra Xbox One units available for purchase beginning at midnight on November 22, a Microsoft representative told GameSpot today.

Supply is said to be "limited," and consoles will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Head to the Microsoft Store website to find the location closest to you.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-stores-will-have-extra-xbox-ones-on-friday/1100-6416240/

For anyone interested.

Crisco

Banned
Nice article from MLive about the rookies on the right side of our line:

Detroit Lions show confidence in Larry Warford, LaAdrian Waddle by running behind rookie duo late in win

13754981-mmmain.jpg

lL0w7bt.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this week and next Thursday.

It's Tampa fucking Bay and Green Bay minus Godgers.

I shouldn't feel this way, but man, if there was ever a Lions let down moment ... these next two weeks would be it.

On the other hand, Warford is looking great and so is Waddle, so at least we won't be burning mid-1st rounder on an OL this year. Maybe we can draft a DB? Maybe? Please?
You better hope HoFlynn stays on that bench!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Here is an article about how amazing of a human being Calvin Johnson is on, and off, the field. Well worth the read squicken, DX and the rest of LionsGAF. Hell all of NFLGAF should read it to see the type of professional he is:

Inside Megatron's world: Calvin Johnson is as unassuming as he is unstoppable

bilde

Allen Park — Calvin Johnson no longer wants to be a dentist.

That was the plan when he was growing up in suburban Atlanta, but then he grew to 6-foot-5 and developed a knack for dropping jaws.

“I can’t do all the school for that,” Johnson said of his original career path. “I’m good on that. My sister, my brother, they’re doctors. They can have all the extra four or five years of school.”

Receiver is a position known for divas who showboat in the end zone or demand the ball, but teammates say he’s never complained about his targets and some are upset he doesn’t have creative celebrations.

Unless Johnson wants to dunk a ball through the goal post, as he did after catching a 50-yard touchdown between three Bengals defenders in Week 7, he typically just points to the sky and hands the ball to the referee, much like Lions Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders.

While Johnson pursued Rice's single-season yardage record, Burleson would ask him how many yards he had at various times. Johnson would give a ballpark answer, Burleson said.

"Every other receiver would know," Burleson said.

Johnson doesn't boast about the record. Instead, he thinks it was his duty to step in with Burleson, Ryan Broyles and Titus Young going down.

At the end of a short slant, Jets safety Jim Leonhard dove at Johnson's knees. Johnson stood up and shook his head, and asked move into Burleson's slot position.

"Calvin said, 'Next time I catch a slant, I'm going to run him over,' " Burleson said.

On the next play, Johnson caught another slant and looked right at Leonhard, but cornerback Darrelle Revis tackled him before he found vengeance. Revis held Johnson to that one 13-yard reception, so Johnson never finished his quest.

Johnson and James are Nike’s biggest stars, and many of James’ commercials are like monologues. Johnson barely talks in his.

His most recent campaign has rapper Diddy offering to take the spotlight off Johnson so he can focus on football. In one of the 60-second spots, Johnson says 11 words.

In a 2012 commercial, Johnson doesn’t speak at all and is on screen for two seconds.

“I’m enjoying living my life,” Johnson said. “I’m not thinking about let me show this on Twitter or let me do this on Instagram.

Like his girlfriend of two years.

“That’s too personal,” he said when asked what she does.

Johnson is guarded, but there are some things he likes talking about.

“I wouldn’t call him boring,” Stafford said. “He just likes what he likes. He doesn’t care what anybody says he should be doing or shouldn’t be doing.”

And what Johnson has done with Stafford is make the NFL his own stomping ground.

During his first three seasons, Johnson played with six quarterbacks, including Stafford for 13 games combined in 2009 and 2010. Since 2011, Stafford has played every game, and Johnson’s numbers have gone through the roof, including 904 yards and nine touchdowns in eight games this season and 1,681 yards and a franchise-record 16 touchdowns in 2011.

“I know when myself and Matt are on the field, we’ve produced, so as long as we’re on the field together, we’re going to put some numbers up,” Johnson said.

And from Stafford’s perspective, Johnson's attitude makes the whole team better.

“Calvin kind of sets the precedent,” Stafford said. “If Calvin Johnson doesn’t sit out there and (complain) about not getting the ball, nobody else can do it.”

Johnson has noticed a change in culture with the Lions this season during a 6-3 start, and because of how his career started, he wants to keep winning.

But if the Lions stumble, Johnson won’t complain.

“He’s a good role model for you if you want to be the best,” Slay said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...orld-Calvin-Johnson-unassuming-he-unstoppable

We're really lucky to have this guy on our team in so many ways. Such a great person, teammate and player. <3 Megatron.

He really reminds me of Barry Sanders in how he just goes about his business, performs on the field and doesn't need to talk all the time like other diva WRs. I said it about Kaep and Cam, those guys are divas and divas are bound to fail eventually.

I was laughing at that pic.

anyways, SuperBowl38.jpg

Full disclosure: I was still very nervous after Ginn scored the go-ahead touchdown with a minute left and the Pats having 3 TOs. It gave me too many flash backs of Delhomme to Proehl ten years ago.

Of course then you only needed a field goal to win, instead of a touchdown, and that choking bastard was sitting at home watching the game on TV last night instead of kicking off.

Kastrioti said:
We get it, CJ is the greatest human being to ever exist

Wait, you mean he doesn't transform into Sean Combs when he leaves the field?

Bowser

Here is an article about how amazing of a human being Calvin Johnson is on, and off, the field. Well worth the read squicken, DX and the rest of LionsGAF. Hell all of NFLGAF should read it to see the type of professional he is:

Inside Megatron's world: Calvin Johnson is as unassuming as he is unstoppable

bilde

We're really lucky to have this guy on our team in so many ways. Such a great person, teammate and player. <3 Megatron.

He really reminds me of Barry Sanders in how he just goes about his business, performs on the field and doesn't need to talk all the time like other diva WRs. I said it about Kaep and Cam, those guys are divas and divas are bound to fail eventually.

Brah, no need to quote the entire fucking article. People who want to read will click.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I like that you have already decided Luke is a waste of a pick. At least he doesnt come off the field every time there is an important play on defense.

Let me rephrase that: I don't think Luke Jockel should have been the #2 pick, nor should have Eric Fischer been the #1. If you're going to pick a Tackle at #1 at least make sure he can start at LT not RT which tells me all I need to know. Our undrafted rookie, Waddle is much better than Eric Fischer. And Joeckel isn't even playing. Should have gone with Star Lotulei or someone else.

And are you referencing Suh coming off the field? The reason he was coming off was cause he was hurt if you were watching the game, which you obviously weren't.

Avatar bet when we kick the shit out of the fraud Iggles in a couple of weeks?

To be fair, Megatron has been amazing obviously, Roy Williams was a great reciever at one point, but Charles Rogers crashed and burn but had the talent until injuries took him down.

With our offensive line set with nice young players, we can focus on getting Stafford a wide receiver not named Calvin who can actually run routes and catch the ball. Someone like Titus Young without the bipolar.

Lions draft next year:

1st Round Pick #32: Best WR/DB Available
2nd Round Best WR/DB available

Rest of the rounds stick with Mayhews Best Player Available strategy.

Brah, no need to quote the entire fucking article. People who want to read will click.

My bad didn't realize it was that long, I'll fix it, but make sure to read the article so you can get an idea of how a diva WR like Steve Smith should act.

And are you referencing Suh coming off the field? The reason he was coming off was cause he was hurt if you were watching the game, which you obviously weren't.

Avatar bet when we kick the shit out of the fraud Iggles in a couple of weeks?

Yes I am talking about Suh coming off the field so much, and it wasnt just during the Lions epic choke last week. Suh has been a huge disappointment so far and is a big part of why the Lions defe4nse is so fucking terrible. Anyways I will definitely do an avatar bet with you once the Eagles play the Lions. The Eagles are a bad team but at least they dont have a worthless piece of shit like Fatford at QB, plus the Eagles defense is actually good 6th best in the redzone and one of the best scoring defenses the last 7 weeks. Eagles are frauds for sure but they are not even close to being in the same level of frauds as the Lions are.

cajunator

Banned
It makes me wonder how good CJ would be with Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers throwing to him. He could be even better than he is now. Thats kind of frightening.

It makes me wonder how good CJ would be with Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers throwing to him. He could be even better than he is now. Thats kind of frightening.

CJ and Rodgers would actually be unstoppable. He puts up monster numbers with a QB that just chucks it up into coverage and hopes for the best. If he had a QB like Rodgers who has perfect accuracy and can also read a defense a lead a guy, it would be amazing to watch. It would be even better then Rice and Montana in their primes I bet. Not to put those guys down but the rules favor passing so much more now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yes I am talking about Suh coming off the field so much, and it wasnt just during the Lions epic choke last week. Suh has been a huge disappointment so far and is a big part of why the Lions defe4nse is so fucking terrible. Anyways I will definitely do an avatar bet with you once the Eagles play the Lions. The Eagles are a bad team but at least they dont have a worthless piece of shit like Fatford at QB, plus the Eagles defense is actually good 6th best in the redzone and one of the best scoring defenses the last 7 weeks. Eagles are frauds for sure but they are not even close to being in the same level of frauds as the Lions are.

You don't watch football. Suh is the best defensive lineman in the game. Despite getting double teamed every play he still bulldozes offensive lineman and puts preesure on every play. And while getting double teamed he creates opportunities for other defensive lineman. He is irreplaceable and if he were on the Eagles I know you'd be singing a different tune.

And I'm going to take your Stafford comment as troll bait.

It would be around the same since Stafford is in the category with those QBs. Stats prove it.

My personal QB Power Rankings:

1.) Manning
2.) Brady
3,) Brees
4.) Rodgers
5.) Stafford

The difference between Stafford and those other QBs if they have so many different options to throw to. Our WR corp sucks except Megatron. When Burleson comes back it will help, but we really need to focus on getting Stafford weapons like he had in 2011 when Titus Young was balling.

Bowser

17VAEH.AuSt.138.jpeg

A day after leading the Carolina Panthers to a big Monday Night Football victory over the New England Patriots, quarterback Cam Newton heard cheers Tuesday from students and staff at a south Charlotte school.

Newton visited Collinswood Language Academy to help launch the second annual School Pride Partner Program, sponsored by the Cam Newton Foundation.

The program is aimed at boosting student achievement and school pride at area middle schools.

Yeah, total diva right there. Stafford probably volunteers at soup kitchens around Thanksgiving.

Volunteers to eat all the canned goods, that is.

It would be around the same since Stafford is in the category with those QBs. Stats prove it.

My personal QB Power Rankings:

1.) Manning (won a SB and various playoff games)
2.) Brady (made it to 2 SB and won various playoff games)
3,) Brees (won a SB and various playoff games)
4.) Rodgers (won a SB and various playoff games)
5.) Stafford (Never has won even 1 single playoff game)

One of these things is not like the others.

Top Bottom