• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Tenumi

Banned
And again how did that monster D line only get one sack against Ben? That's also petty crap considering everyone on our line died from injuries or was found in the parking lot before the game.

Lions are frauds and their fans are crazy.

My blame would be on the Defensive ends. Both starters out (Ansah week-to-week, Jones IR), starting a 4th round Rookie and a declining Vet who hasn't done much this season.

Also, I'm not crazy. I think.

Most Lions fans are reasonable like plinko there are a few crazy ones like kas though.

Elite qbs NEVER suck against shit defenses unless they are hurt.

Stop making excuses.

Ok, now you're just trolling.

Fantomex

Pats lost because Tom Brady underthrew it. Get over it, your hero is showing that decline. No Randy Moss or Wes Welker to blame any longer. The dude has a lot of gas left in the tank, but you can see that physical talent start to decline. You pat fans should have enjoyed the farce for what it was worth. Asterisk tropies and all. Seriously, every time the Patriots lose it's because of a call that happened in some part of the game. Tammy is on national television saying, I should of thrown it better. Because then the flag would have been validated. "We don't make excuses," Rob Gronkowski said "I'm not trying to sit here and make an excuse that he held me at the end of the game. The game is four quarters long. It's won throughout all four quarters, not just the last play of the game. We've just got to keep working hard, keep sticking together and keep on fighting."

This STD infested, 2.0 GPA averaging has more sense than Gata and all the other Pats bandwagoners. I for one am enjoying the bitterness and salt. Cry more. It pleases me.

More%2BPatriot%2BTears.jpg

Jerricho Cotchery, who Steelers fans wanted cut in preseason, has 7 touchdowns.

Mike Wallace, who the Steelers FO got roasted for letting walk, has 1.

Pats lost because Tom Brady underthrew it. Get over it, your hero is showing that decline. No Randy Moss or Wes Welker to blame any longer. The dude has a lot of gas left in the tank, but you can see that physical talent start to decline. You pat fans should have enjoyed the farce for what it was worth. Asterisk tropies and all. Seriously, every time the Patriots lose it's because of a call that happened in some part of the game. Tammy is on national television saying, I should of thrown it better. Because then the flag would have been validated. "We don't make excuses," Rob Gronkowski said "I'm not trying to sit here and make an excuse that he held me at the end of the game. The game is four quarters long. It's won throughout all four quarters, not just the last play of the game. We've just got to keep working hard, keep sticking together and keep on fighting."

This STD infested, 2.0 GPA averaging has more sense than Gata and all the other Pats bandwagoners. I for one am enjoying the bitterness and salt. Cry more. It pleases me.

More%2BPatriot%2BTears.jpg

How did the refs do in the Pats/Lolphins game?

jakncoke

Banned
When is the last time the Steelers tackling was
this bad?

Even in the shit times with Cowher I feel like we could always tackle.

Yeah i cant really think a time our defense was this bad. Usually it was our lack of athletes on offense holding us back.

We're on pace to give up 392 points last couple times we have gotten in that neighborhood.

1988: 421 we were 5-11
1969: 404 we were 1-13
1968: 397 we were 2-11-1
1965: 397 we were 2-12

392 would come down as fifth worst

Fantomex

How much money did you give to money Mike Wallace and how has he performed?

Hows Amendola doing?

I'll save you the Google Gata, Wallace has more yards, receptions and the same amount of touchdowns. We have a second year, used to be a receiver QB, shouldn't your GOAT QB be doing better with Danny?

brentech

Here is an article about how amazing of a human being Calvin Johnson is on, and off, the field. Well worth the read squicken, DX and the rest of LionsGAF. Hell all of NFLGAF should read it to see the type of professional he is:
I don't think anyone has ever questioned Johnson. He seemed level headed and never really got ahead how himself coming out of college.

Hows Amendola doing?

I'll save you the Google Gata, Wallace has more yards, receptions and the same amount of touchdowns. We have a second year, used to be a receiver QB, shouldn't your GOAT QB be doing better with Danny?

Wallace 44 Catches 534 yards 1 TD

Amendola 29 catches 341 yards 1 TD

Not much worse than Wallace given that he has missed a few games

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great player aided by an elite QB just like Jerry Rice except Rice is a straight egomaniac.

I agree with the elite QB part, but were you being serious about Jerry being a straight egomaniac? Guy always seemed humble to me,

Question NFLGAF: What would you rather have?

1.) Would you rather go to the Super Bowl 4 straight times like the Bills did, only to never win one.

2.) Or would you rather go 50 years of mostly irrelevance like the Lions or Browns and not make the Superbowl?

I was thinking about that today and how much it must suck for Bill fans to lose 4 straight Super Bowls.

I agree with the elite QB part, but were you being serious about Jerry being a straight egomaniac? Guy always seemed humble to me,

Question NFLGAF: What would you rather have?

I was thinking about that today and how much it must suck for Bill fans to lose 4 straight Super Bowls.

Imagine if the Pats made the SuperBowl last year.

The possibility of going 0-3 in SuperBowls since spygate.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bobby Layne our old pre-NFL champion winning QB, put a curse on the Lions and said the Lions would not win a Super Bowl in 50 years after we traded him to the Steelers. The 50th year was our 0-16 season. The next draft we solidified our team with a young, franchise QB named Matthew Stafford.

Bobby Lane and Matthew Stafford both went to the same high school, lead there high school teams to high school championships and even grew up on the same road.

Too many coincidences.

Read/Watch about The Curse of Bobby Lane here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...h-team-all-passing-record-mythical-curse-2013

Godslay

Banned
Looks like Broncos signed Michael Huff. Hopefully he doesn't see the field and Adams stays healthy with Moore being done for the season.

Also signed S John Boyett to practice squad apparently.

ShaneB

Don't forget folks 'The Forward Pass' is on A Football Life tonight in 30 minutes, should be pretty fascinating.

Russell Wilson on Total Access looking sharp talking about depth.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Guys my internet is down at the moment, so I'm at my brothers downloading Steam and installing Civ 5. I don't have a mouse at home (Civ 5 will be fine without a mouse), so I was wondering if there was anyway I could use my PS3 controller to play Darkstalkers or some other single player games till my internet comes back up in a couple days.

Godslay

Banned
Guys my internet is down at the moment, so I'm at my brothers downloading Steam and installing Civ 5. I don't have a mouse at home (Civ 5 will be fine without a mouse), so I was wondering if there was anyway I could use my PS3 controller to play Darkstalkers or some other single player games till my internet comes back up in a couple days.

Assuming you mean PS3 controller with PC?

Do this, works like a charm:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bobby Layne our old pre-NFL champion winning QB, put a curse on the Lions and said the Lions would not win a Super Bowl in 50 years after we traded him to the Steelers. The 50th year was our 0-16 season. The next draft we solidified our team with a young, franchise QB named Matthew Stafford.

Bobby Lane and Matthew Stafford both went to the same high school, lead there high school teams to high school championships and even grew up on the same road.

Too many coincidences.

Read/Watch about The Curse of Bobby Lane here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...h-team-all-passing-record-mythical-curse-2013

So the Lions are trading Matthew Stafford? That's a bit weird.

Jerricho Cotchery, who Steelers fans wanted cut in preseason, has 7 touchdowns.

Mike Wallace, who the Steelers FO got roasted for letting walk, has 1.

I didn't want JCo cut and I certainly didn't want them to blow bucks on Wallace. I was on the fence about Sanders though. He's been alright, but maybe the 3rd rounder would've helped in the future.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Depth mainly.

We have Mike Adams, and Dave Bruton at safety. If either go down, then we are in real trouble at that position without having some guys in reserve.

Slay when I go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

It doesn't have an option for Windows 8. Do you think that would affect me if I just choose Windows 7?

Mario looks really good but the media is really falling all over themselves.

It looks great, and I love Mario games and Nintendo, but they've really been overrating a lot of Nintendo published games like 3D Land, Skyward Sword and NSMB Wii U just because of the Zelda or Mario in the front. Those games were all solid 8's but not solid 9.5+ IMO.

Godslay

Banned
Well its for my laptop.

But thanks a lot for the link Slay! Seems easy enough, going to give it a shot.

Np. Has worked well for me.

I hope he gets to play lol

Damn you!

That wouldn't be good considering that we are on pace to have 100 more pass plays run against us versus last year. Certainly doesn't or hasn't help this defense look good statistically. Gives Huff 100 more opportunities to miss tackles...

Slay when I go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

It doesn't have an option for Windows 8. Do you think that would affect me if I just choose Windows 7?

I run it on Win 8 with that driver.

Top Bottom