• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Bowser

It would be around the same since Stafford is in the category with those QBs. Stats prove it.

My personal QB Power Rankings:

1.) Manning
2.) Brady
3,) Brees
4.) Rodgers
5.) Stafford

The difference between Stafford and those other QBs if they have so many different options to throw to. Our WR corp sucks except Megatron. When Burleson comes back it will help, but we really need to focus on getting Stafford weapons like he had in 2011 when Titus Young was balling.

Oh you mean like the stats in the second half of the Steelers game?

2nd half: 3-of-16 for 35 yards with two first downs, two sacks, and an interception.
4th quarter specifically: 0-for-10 with an interception and a sack.

Talamius

mario03pg3.png

...I need to buy a Wii U, don't I?

Already own one, getting 3D World Friday.

Definitely get the NSMBU bundle. Wind Waker, Monster Hunter 3U, and ZombiU are worth a look as well. You should be able to get Monster Hunter and ZombiU dirt cheap used.

Bowser

The New England Patriots might not be happy about the decision made by game officials on Monday night, but the NFL says the right call was made.

Dean Blandino, the NFL's vice president of officiating, told NFL Media's Amber Theo-Harris on "Around The League Live" that officials made a "tight judgment call" on the final play of Carolina's 24-20 win. Blandino said that linebacker Luke Kuechly's "restriction" of tight end Rob Gronkowski occurred simultaneously to the ball being intercepted by safety Robert Lester.

For that reason, no penalty should have been enforced. Blandino said the officials will not receive a negative grade for their handling of the play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-right-call-monday-night?campaign=Twitter_atl

cdyhybrid

2nd half: 3-of-16 for 35 yards with two first downs, two sacks, and an interception.

Hey, that's a juggernaut Steelers' D he was up against. Any QB would struggle with them.

jvhg3Oq.png

Oh wait.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah, total diva right there. Stafford probably volunteers at soup kitchens around Thanksgiving.

Volunteers to eat all the canned goods, that is.

He's a diva on the field with his showboating after first downs and how he interacts with teammates and the media. This is a well known fact, one publicity stunt isn't going to change that.

“He was a total —-hole,” one AFC player told the CBS Sports columnist. “Who did he think he was? He acted like the big s—. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn’t like that.”

http://nesn.com/2012/12/cam-newton-wasnt-liked-among-afc-pro-bowlers-for-diva-attitude/

Divas are guys with insecurities and those guys are bound to fail eventually. You don't see guys like Stafford, Luck or Wilson constantly crying to the media, ignoring teammates on the sidelines etc. They are leaders and know leaders aren't supposed to act "Me first" it should be "team first".

One of these things is not like the others.

Well Stafford is only 25, so he has a long way to go, while the top 3 are old vets. But in terms of going through reads, pocket presence, arm strength+accuracy, QB IQ, confidence, leadership etc. those are the only QBs better than Stafford in the league.

One bad INT against Pittsburgh does not change that.

He also brought the team from a 14-0 deficit in the 2nd quarter. The whole team collapsed in the second half not just Staff. It's just one game though.

Tenumi

Banned

One game does not a player make.

Year 5, 3rd time starting all 16 games (Hopefully)

16,005 yards, 101 TDs, 62 INTs

Those aren't the career numbers of a bad QB.

I know you guys like to joke around, smack talk, but seriously, put in some effort.

squicken

I love how in Basketball its let them play but with football its throw the flag.

I don't feel that way about basketball or hockey. A foul in the first quarter period of the first game should be a foul in the final minute of game 7. Consistency and foreseeability are important parts of the integrity of the game

SF could have won it's last two games with a fumble bouncing their way and the correct call being made on a midget QB. It's increasingly looking like a game of chance

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I know you guys like to joke around, smack talk, but seriously, put in some effort.

Thank you Tenumi.

Another milestone that Stafford reached Sunday:

Matthew Stafford took the 4th fewest games to get to 100 passing TDs (55 games). Only Marino, Warner & Unitas did it faster.

Stafford in the same company as Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Kurt Warner and Johnny Unitas, But he sucks AMIRITE?!

Trey

Career numbers of an okay, top half QB with no playoff wins.

effzee

I don't care to go over it again, but I don't get why the ball is being called un-catchable.

It wasn't thrown out of bounds or out of the stadium. It was picked off 3-4 yards in front of Gronk. If Luke isn't interfering with him Gronk can at least make a play on the ball.

My understanding of un-catchable was always where no matter what the WR couldn't have made a play on the ball.

Bowser

I don't care to go over it again, but I don't get why the ball is being called un-catchable.

It wasn't thrown out of bounds or out of the stadium. It was picked off 3-4 yards in front of Gronk. If Luke isn't interfering with him Gronk can at least make a play on the ball.

My understanding of un-catchable was always where no matter what the WR couldn't have made a play on the ball.

“The back judge is going to see restriction right there and he’s going to throw his flag for that restriction,” Blandino said. “The side judge who had Dobson, his mechanics are once the ball is in the air he’s going to go to the ball and he’s going to focus on the interception. After the play – you’ll see the flag come out – the back judge is going to signal to the side judge and they’re going to get together and have a discussion. What they’re going to talk about is when did the restriction occur in relation to the ball being touched? Because once the ball is touched you cannot have pass interference. This is a judgment call; the officials don’t have the use of replay. They don’t have slow motion replay and ultimately they ruled that the restriction occurred simultaneously with the ball being touched. When you watch it at full speed, you could see why they would make that call on the field.”

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-video...e-feel-the-officials-followed-proper-protocol

As for the refs ruling it uncatchable, here's what FO's Scott Kacsmar had to say:

Gronkowski's momentum carried him to the back of the end zone. He made zero effort to come back to the ball. He simply watched the interception unfold. Even if Kuechly did not hug him, the underthrown ball would have forced him to make a cut back to the front of the end zone to have any chance of catching the ball.

Just based on the laws of physics, there's no way Gronkowski could have made this catch, so I agree with the uncatchable ruling, which is a judgment call. Every week there are passes likely impossible to be caught that are deemed catchable, so it's not a ruling referees are consistent on. However, something still feels shady about the play and what Kuechly did, which was not even necessary as Gronkowski would never get in a position to make the catch.

Tenumi

Banned

I haven't watched the clip enough (Nor do I really want to, to be honest), but to me, I'd really want to know what the intended route was. Was Gronk intending to go deeper into the endzone, or did the defender force him that way?

bionic77

He sucked dick for 3 quarters against one of the worst defenses in the league. Elite qbs don't do that. We don't create pressure, can't cover, can't tackle and are dumb as shit. Unless you are injured there is no excuse for not destroying our D.

And again how did that monster D line only get one sack against Ben? That's also petty crap considering everyone on our line died from injuries or was found in the parking lot before the game.

Lions are frauds and their fans are crazy.

Bowser

I haven't watched the clip enough (Nor do I really want to, to be honest), but to me, I'd really want to know what the intended route was. Was Gronk intending to go deeper into the endzone, or did the defender force him that way?

Obviously I'm a little biased, but I think Gronk's route was taking him to the back of the endzone. CC mentioned this on Mike and Mike, but If Gronk was trying to stay in the front of the end zone on a crossing route or something, he would have cut inside the face of Kuechly, which he didn't. That made Tom have to double clutch the ball as he didn't want to accidentally throw it out of the back of the end zone.

He sucked dick for 3 quarters against one of the worst defenses in the league. Elite qbs don't do that. We don't create pressure, can't cover, can't tackle and are dumb as shit. Unless you are injured there is no excuse for not destroying our D.

And again how did that monster D line only get one sack against Ben? That's also petty crap considering everyone on our line died from injuries or was found in the parking lot before the game.

Most Lions fans are reasonable like plinko there are a few crazy ones like kas though.

WedgeX

Banned
Go Lions!

Stafford did not consume enough calories this past week.

iKegWVgaIwqG6.png

And Reggie did not a thing.

ibaiWIhh1nyGAM.jpg

And who really cares about Sunday, its almost Thanksgiving!

imIP4cI8XbDPO.jpg

Oh wait, Green Bay.

iJ8PFu73CQuii.jpg

The ball was caught five or six yards in front of Gronk by Lester who had to get down to his knees to catch it. Assuming Kuechly doesn't hold Gronk back (yes I admit there was holding GASP!), he would still need a herculean dive to get down to that ball. More likely it lands two or three yards in front of his feet.

bionic77

The ball was caught five or six yards in front of Gronk by Lester who had to get down to his knees to catch it. Assuming Kuechly doesn't hold Gronk back (yes I admit there was holding GASP!), he would still need a herculean dive to get down to that ball. More likely it lands two or three yards in front of his feet.
Let's not forget physics. Gronks momentum was taking his forward. No way he can turn around and come back to the back that quickly.

Let's also talk about something else.

Like can Jshit clown the Steelers defense or will he make our defense look decent?

Let's not forget physics. Gronks momentum was taking his forward. No way he can turn around and come back to the back that quickly.

Let's also talk about something else.

Like can Jshit clown the Steelers defense or will he make our defense look decent?
Can the Steelers defend a 1 yard swing pass?

Tom Penny

Last play did not cost them the game but don't give me that uncatchable garbage. Every game a WR gets held and the ball gets thrown way over their head. It's the most common PI in the game.

exarkun

You know Kubiak is eating shit when the official Texans twitter and instagram have been spending the last day trying to convince people Case is DA MAN.

http://instagram.com/p/g33ihVk9C5/

Its LOL worthy that it had to come down to this. I've been laughing at a douchey friend of mine, who bought the PSL rights to a pair of mid bowl season tickets after game one of this year because "They will be worth double this by the end of the season." This whole time ive been birdman.gif rubbing my hands as hes come to the realization that: A. Selling the tickets hasn't gotten near what he had hoped (hes actually taken a loss twice) and B. The value of his PSL has gone way the fuck down and he actually kind of needs the money for the christmas gift he wants to get his gf. I hate people who buy season tix just to sell them.

Hopefully Brady/Manning lives up to the hype. I want it to be an awesome matchup. Broncos/Chiefs wasn't as nail-biting as I was hoping for. The Patriots game last night was pretty good though.

Tabris

The best thing about my yahoo fantasy football team name is the weekly email's subject I get from yahoo:

"Oh snap Tom Brady is Ugly, it's the week 11 recap"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

No, elite QBs do suck every once in awhile. Other than that pick Stafford threw he didn't have that bad of a game. We were playing in the rain and had at least 8 dropped passes.

I already explained how we only got one sack. The Lions put pressure all game and there were at least 5 times where we had him and he somehow escaped of flipped a pass off to Heath. He is the only QB in the league who can do that, and on top of that he was playing with fire under his ass.

Once again it was a tough road game against a SB winning QB and Coach, in terrible weather conditions. The loss wasn't that bad and the Steelers are better than their record indicates.

Tom Penny

Yeah they call overthrown balls all the time

Yep but I already said it. You want to win the game? Get off the field on 3rd downs. They didn't. Both teams played well. The Ridley fumble was an early game changer obviously. Similar to the Chief momentum changing fuck up. I think that like 4 or 5 wasted redzone trips this year.

Yep but I already said it. You want to win the game? Get off the field on 3rd downs. They didn't. Both teams played well. The Ridley fumble was an early game changer obviously. Similar to the Chief momentum changing fuck up.
I'm not worried about the offense anymore but the defense has me worried.

bionic77

No, elite QBs do suck every once in awhile. Other than that pick Stafford threw he didn't have that bad of a game. We were playing in the rain and had at least 8 dropped passes.

I already explained how we only got one sack. The Lions put pressure all game and there were at least 5 times where we had him and he somehow escaped of flipped a pass off to Heath. He is the only QB in the league who can do that, and on top of that he was playing with fire under his ass.

Once again it was a tough road game against a SB winning QB and Coach, in terrible weather conditions. The loss wasn't that bad and the Steelers are better than their record indicates.
Elite qbs NEVER suck against shit defenses unless they are hurt.

Stop making excuses.

Tom Penny

I'm not worried about the offense anymore but the defense has me worried.

I think they kind of bandaid the Wilfork injury and I don't even think Mayo is a game changer but the drop off in his ability to somewhat remotely cover a TE or RB is going to be exposed. Probably this week to be honest. Just win the division and hope for the best like every year.

Crisco

Banned
I really don't get what's hard to understand about that call. The ball was in the air so it couldn't be illegal contact or holding. It was either PI or nothing, and since they ruled the ball uncatchable, it was nothing. As to the contact, it's really no different than a hail mary, even it was from the 18. There were going to be 10 players in the endzone fighting for space, of course there's going to be contact. Get over it.

Also, Stafford isn't total shit, but he's definitely not elite. You can win with him, but he's not going to carry an average team to a championship. Best you can hope for is that he's good when it counts, like Eli and Flacco.

I really don't get what's hard to understand about that call. The ball was in the air so it couldn't be illegal contact or holding. It was either PI or nothing, and since they ruled the ball uncatchable, it was nothing. As to the contact, it's really no different than a hail mary, even it was from the 18. There were going to be 10 players in the endzone fighting for space, of course there's going to be contact. Get over it.

You have lost your right to complain about a call for the rest of the season.

Top Bottom