• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

how I feel as a Falcons fan

Yw8makr.gif

Godslay

Banned
So just download the Windows 7 driver? Should I DL the 32 bit or 64 bit?

Depends on your system.

Go to system properties (Control Panel -> System & Security -> View Amount of Ram & Processor Speed), or just push the Windows key + Pause and it will pop up. Then find your System Type in the list.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Depends on your system.

Go to system properties (Control Panel -> System & Security -> View Amount of Ram & Processor Speed), or just push the Windows key + Pause and it will pop up. Then find your System Type in the list.

It's 64 bit OS, x-64 based processor so I'm assuming Windows 7 64 bit? Sorry for the noob questions I suck with computers. Main reason I'm a console gamer. ;)

Anyone getting an Xbox One?

I probably will once they release a $399 Kinect-less XBO. That is only if Halo 5 comes out next fall. Otherwise I'll probably wait.

Spinluck

Keep in mind, I don't give a shit about who wins this generation. I just want good games. But I think it would be interesting if Xbone had less hardware issues out the gate. Some people were being straight up assholish in those PS4 troubleshoot threads.

Anyway, that probably won't happen. I expect it to be about even.

Spinluck

Kas you would take Stafford over Eli and Ben?

I guess you like the regular season wins a lot. I will say it's unfortunate that Stafford got hurt so much earlier in his career.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Thanks for the help Slay.

Steelers won
Pats lost
Ravens lost

Perfect week of football.

Let's do it again.

I see you guys making the playoffs. No way in hell the Titans, Raiders, Jets, Dolphins or Browns get that last AFC playoff spot. Only team that could sneak in, IMO, is the Chargers. You guys have a pretty easy schedule coming up to.

Makes me feel a little bit better about our loss this past weekend. "We lost to a well coached, playoff team on the road."

Now we'll take out our frustrations against the Bucs at home,

rando14

I'm rooting for you too, RBH brother!

iCXNzQ1w5QLpn.gif

Although could you tell your boy Roddy to get his act together? He's such a fantasy bust this year!

cajunator

Banned
WiiU is pretty good. Most of the launch issues have been ironed out and the services are in place. Its worth it at this point.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas you would take Stafford over Eli and Ben?

I guess you like the regular season wins a lot. I will say it's unfortunate that Stafford got hurt so much earlier in his career.

Yes I would for a couple of reasons. Main reason would be Stafford is 25, while Ben and Eli are getting close to their mid 30's.

On top of that I believe Stafford is a better Quarterback in terms of passing mechanics (arm strength, accuracy, going through reads etc) than either of them ever were at any point in there career.

Neither Ben nor Eli have come close to matching Stafford's 2011 41 TD, 16 INT season of 2011. That year ironically Eli was chosen over Stafford for the Pro Bowl even though Stafford was better in every single statistical category and lead his team to the playoffs. East coast bias combined with fan stupidity.

Even when Stafford was missing his #2-4 WRs in 2012 he still put up solid numbers despite the team crumbing around him. He has shown his leadership ability and clutch play already at such a young age.

Eli and Ben have their wins and rings, and I respect that, but Stafford is still very young and has a bright future ahead of him. We just need to get him someone else other than Megatron to throw to, and not have our receivers lead the league in drops.

It's not a coincidence that Stafford's best year was when he had Megatron, Titus Young, Nate Burleson, Pettigrew etc. to throw to, We need to surround him with a plethora of talented WRs like Brees, Rodgers and Manning have.

Look at Tom Brady's stats this year. As great of a QB as he is his numbers are down dramatically because for most of the season he hasn't had reliable WRs or TEs.

We're going in the wrong direction. We need to rebuild. I dont wanna sit around 5 years of mediocre records then rebuild after Ben goes

Why not trade Ben for a couple of 2nd rounders after the season is over then? Not sure how that would work if you guys were to make the playoffs though.

I don't forsee Cutler staying with the Bears, because the Bears are stupid, but if he gets on a team like the Cardinals or Texans watch the fuck out. The guys is still a hell of a QB. You put him on a team that has a solid defense, playmakers but no QB watch out.

Tabris

Megatron makes Stafford better, not the other way around. Stafford is a mid-tier quarterback, no where near Elite status of Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Camera Armed Tammy.

jakncoke

Banned
Yes I would for a couple of reasons. Main reason would be Stafford is 25, while Ben and Eli are getting close to their mid 30's.

On top of that I believe Stafford is a better Quarterback in terms of passing mechanics (arm strength, accuracy, going through reads etc) than either of them ever were at any point in there career.

Neither Ben nor Eli have come close to matching Stafford's 2011 41 TD, 16 INT season of 2011. That year ironically Eli was chosen over Stafford for the Pro Bowl even though Stafford was better in every single statistical category and lead his team to the playoffs. East coast bias combined with fan stupidity.

Even when Stafford was missing his #2-4 WRs in 2012 he still put up solid numbers despite the team crumbing around him. He has shown his leadership ability and clutch play already at such a young age.

Eli and Ben have their wins and rings, and I respect that, but Stafford is still very young and has a bright future ahead of him. We just need to get him someone else other than Megatron to throw to, and not have our receivers lead the league in drops.

It's not a coincidence that Stafford's best year was when he had Megatron, Titus Young, Nate Burleson, Pettigrew etc. to throw to, We need to surround him with a plethora of talented WRs like Brees, Rodgers and Manning have.

Look at Tom Brady's stats this year. As great of a QB as he is his numbers are down dramatically because for most of the season he hasn't had reliable WRs or TEs.

Why not trade Ben for a couple of 2nd rounders after the season is over then? Not sure how that would work if you guys were to make the playoffs though.

I don't forsee Cutler staying with the Bears, because the Bears are stupid, but if he gets on a team like the Cardinals or Texans watch the fuck out. The guys is still a hell of a QB. You put him on a team that has a solid defense, playmakers but no QB watch out.

Well dead cap and us being against the cap. We could do it like the raiders though i guess

ShaneB

The Forward Pass was great. Made me sad near the end though when they were talking about the run game... and Doug Flutie said running the ball was pointless =(

Tenumi

Banned
Megatron makes Stafford better, not the other way around. Stafford is a mid-tier quarterback, no where near Elite status of Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Camera Armed Tammy.

Everytime I here this, I'm like, "So what, does no other team in the league have a #1 receiver?"

Also, Stafford has to throw to his old college roommate. That's not exactly the best of wide receiver depth, even if he is surprisingly decent.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

They both make each other better. Megatron started putting up Madden numbers when Stafford started throwing him the ball.

Again when Stafford has other people to throw the ball to, who can actually run routes and catch the damn ball, he spreads it around like Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady.

It just so happens he has had a shitty WR corp since 2011. But look at his stats that year and how he spread the ball around to so many different people. The whole "Stafford only chucks it up to Megatron" is false and 2011 proves that.

For instance since 2011 Brandon Pettigrew is the 4th leading reception leader in the Tight End category. During that 2011 season he was third in the league with 83 receptions behind only Jimmy Graham and Gronk,

bionic77

Yeah i cant really think a time our defense was this bad. Usually it was our lack of athletes on offense holding us back.

We're on pace to give up 392 points last couple times we have gotten in that neighborhood.

1988: 421 we were 5-11
1969: 404 we were 1-13
1968: 397 we were 2-11-1
1965: 397 we were 2-12

392 would come down as fifth worst
I remember years that we could not cover spread offenses and years that we had a shit pass rush but I can't remember the last time we were this bad at tackling.

squicken

The Forward Pass was great. Made me sad near the end though when they were talking about the run game... and Doug Flutie said running the ball was pointless =(

It's all about how they change the rules. No one will abandon the run entirely under the current rule set. That was what was so dumb about them talking about Walsh and Coryell, and just glossing over the rule changes.

If the league goes further with protecting QBs, as they have discussed, they it will makes it more likely we will go closer to a no-run game

It's all about how they change the rules. No one will abandon the run entirely under the current rule set. That was what was so dumb about them talking about Walsh and Coryell, and just glossing over the rule changes.

If the league goes further with protecting QBs, as they have discussed, they it will makes it more likely we will go closer to a no-run game

image.php

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
squicken knows this team is poised for greatness, Grover, so he squickened over to the light side. LionsGAF welcomes him and DX with open arms.

Narag

Megatron targets/attempts.

2007: 95 targets on 602 attempts
2008: 151 targets on 509 attempts
2009: 136 targets on 585 attempts
2010: 137 targets on 633 attempts
2011: 158 targets on 666 attempts
2012: 205 targets on 740 attempts
2013: 109 targets on 419 attempts

2007: 16%
2008: 30%
2009: 23%
2010: 22%
2011: 24%
2012: 28%
2013: 26%

Rounded the %s. Obv. not all Stafford due to injuries those two years.

Everytime I here this, I'm like, "So what, does no other team in the league have a #1 receiver?"

Every team has a #1 QB too and they don't all perform like Rodgers/Manning. There's having a Fitz or a Megatron and something else in just having a #1 WR.

squicken knows this team is poised for greatness, Grover, so he squickened over to the light side. LionsGAF welcomes him and DX with open arms.

oh you poor soul. you missed their planning session

squicken

I was a Lions fan after the Oilers left town, and loved Barry Sanders. I hated Wayne Fontes. So it feels comfortable having the Megatron/Schwartz dynamic. Like an old pair of shoes

----

Shawn Andrews rips some more on McNabb. Basically says McNabb spread rumors that Andrews was gay, and that he McNabb was an attention whore

http://deadspin.com/shawn-andrews-t...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

“I poured my heart out. I’m not a public speaker, so I was nervous,” Andrews says. “But I felt it had to be done, so I was standing there talking, and in the middle of talking to them I was making eye contact with as many of the [players] as I could. So guess who was looking at me rolling his eyeballs? Can you guess who was doing that while I was pouring my heart out to my teammates? You know how that made me feel? After that, my thoughts were so screwed up. Then I started to stutter and thought, ‘These guys probably think I’m full of sh*t.’ At that point I really cared. [McNabb] was rolling his eyes at me the whole time.”
When Andrews signed with the Giants in 2010, he says that the organization's attitude was completely different than the Eagles. Everyone was nice and Eli Manning wasn't a dick. Andrews wishes he could have spent more time playing on Manning's line. But injuries forced him to retire after just one season in New York. Today, Andrews lives in Arkansas with his wife and son, enjoying the time spent with his family. The main takeaway should be that Andrews has lost weight and found happiness after football, but damn, Donovan McNabb sounds like a huge fucking prick.

Narag

So glad I found the targetting info stuff finally.

Other fun stuff:

RGIII throws to Pierre Garcon 29% of the time.
Andrew Luck sure loves throwing to TY Hilton.
Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are targeted 47% of Steelers passing attempts.
Doug Baldwin has caught 72% of passes thrown to him. (36/50)
One of every three passes thrown by the Bucs goes to VJax.
Gronkowski has just been back four games but constitutes 11% of Brady's targets this year.

Syrinx

So glad I found the targetting info stuff finally.

Other fun stuff:

RGIII throws to Pierre Garcon 29% of the time.
Andrew Luck sure loves throwing to TY Hilton.
Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are targeted 47% of Steelers passing attempts.
Doug Baldwin has caught 72% of passes thrown to him. (36/50)
One of every three passes thrown by the Bucs goes to VJax.
Gronkowski has just been back four games but constitutes 11% of Brady's targets this year.

How much of this is after Reggie Wayne's injury?

Top Bottom