• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Yes I would for a couple of reasons. Main reason would be Stafford is 25, while Ben and Eli are getting close to their mid 30's.

On top of that I believe Stafford is a better Quarterback in terms of passing mechanics (arm strength, accuracy, going through reads etc) than either of them ever were at any point in there career.

Neither Ben nor Eli have come close to matching Stafford's 2011 41 TD, 16 INT season of 2011. That year ironically Eli was chosen over Stafford for the Pro Bowl even though Stafford was better in every single statistical category and lead his team to the playoffs. East coast bias combined with fan stupidity.

Even when Stafford was missing his #2-4 WRs in 2012 he still put up solid numbers despite the team crumbing around him. He has shown his leadership ability and clutch play already at such a young age.

Eli and Ben have their wins and rings, and I respect that, but Stafford is still very young and has a bright future ahead of him. We just need to get him someone else other than Megatron to throw to, and not have our receivers lead the league in drops.

It's not a coincidence that Stafford's best year was when he had Megatron, Titus Young, Nate Burleson, Pettigrew etc. to throw to, We need to surround him with a plethora of talented WRs like Brees, Rodgers and Manning have.

Look at Tom Brady's stats this year. As great of a QB as he is his numbers are down dramatically because for most of the season he hasn't had reliable WRs or TEs.

Why not trade Ben for a couple of 2nd rounders after the season is over then? Not sure how that would work if you guys were to make the playoffs though.

I don't forsee Cutler staying with the Bears, because the Bears are stupid, but if he gets on a team like the Cardinals or Texans watch the fuck out. The guys is still a hell of a QB. You put him on a team that has a solid defense, playmakers but no QB watch out.

I hope the Bears retain Cutler, I don't think they are that stupid. Marshall would get pissed, and Trestman seems to like him.

Narag

How much of this is after Reggie Wayne's injury?

Ooh, good question. Looks like 29 targets after the injury with him. Reggie had 58 as of that Broncos game and TY Hilton had 54.

Curiosu what the % is on the broncos Wr?

Welker seems to getting a lot of tragets

B0G5BLf.png

Bears are kind of fucked with Cutler. They know he's not good enough to win a Super Bowl because he randomly goes full retard but they can't get anyone as good as him to replace him.

Neither Ben nor Eli have come close to matching Stafford's 2011 41 TD, 16 INT season of 2011. .

2007, Ben, 32 TDs 11 INTs in one fewer game. His WRs to start that season were Ward and Cedric Wilson....Holmes would eventually become a full time starter over Wilson that season. I would say Ward is a hall of famer some day, but of course he's no Megatron, not even close. But anyway, why don't more remember Ben's numbers from that season? Because it was one and done in the playoffs and nobody gives a shit about one and done seasons.

effzee

I was a Lions fan after the Oilers left town, and loved Barry Sanders. I hated Wayne Fontes. So it feels comfortable having the Megatron/Schwartz dynamic. Like an old pair of shoes

----

Shawn Andrews rips some more on McNabb. Basically says McNabb spread rumors that Andrews was gay, and that he McNabb was an attention whore

http://deadspin.com/shawn-andrews-t...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Another great article by deadspin.

Lets see Shawn Andrews has mental issues, stole money from the Eagles, never recovered from his injuries, and was a problem child (not a cancer) for the Eagles since they drafted him. But yeah it was big bad McNabb who made him suicidal. Maybe McNabb wasn't some great teammate but again I'll take the words of Dawkins, Westbrook, and other ex teammates over some bitch of a player who stole money and contributed nothing to the team when they could have won a SB.

Article also says "someone" started rumors so it must be McNabb. McNabb was such a bully he would steal attention by making jokes! Incognito v 2.0

KaYotiX

Banned
Anyone getting an Xbox One?

Yup, Paid for and im grabbing all this on Thursday night:

NBA2k14
Madden 25 ($10 upgrade)
BF4 ($10 upgrade)
NFS Rivals
Ryse
Zoo Tycoon
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instict
Super Mario 3d world
Zelda Link Between worlds

Gonna be a fun night!!! Its been long over due and finally working those 80+ hr weeks is gonna be worth it :)

Depth mainly.

We have Mike Adams, and Dave Bruton at safety. If either go down, then we are in real trouble at that position without having some guys in reserve.

Let's talk Dawkins out of retirement instead. I would hate to see Huff come close to the field.

squicken

Santana Moss a little upset at RG3

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-exception-to-griffins-failure-to-take-blame/

More at link

Lost in the not-so-subtle shots fired by Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III at the coaching staff after the 24-16 loss to Philly was an effort by Griffin to lay some blame for the failed final play to his teammates.

“We had a certain concept with running and nobody got open so I was backing up, and in the situation where you get a sack there, it ends the game,” Griffin said
---
On Tuesday, receiver Santana Moss took exception to Griffin’s remarks.

“As a leader, you understand that if you’re involved in the situation, whether you’re the receiver, the quarterback, the guys making the tackle, whoever. Regardless of the outcome, good or bad, you have to at some point, stand up and say me or I,” Moss told LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan in D.C.”

---
Another great article by deadspin.

Yeah I'm not taking it as gospel. Just seemed a pretty strong shot at McNabb.

Konka

Banned

NBA2k14
Madden 25 ($10 upgrade)
BF4 ($10 upgrade)
NFS Rivals
Ryse
Zoo Tycoon
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instict
Super Mario 3d world

Gonna be a fun night!!! Its been long over due and finally working those 80+ hr weeks is gonna be worth it :)

Damn dude that like 3 months rent worth of games and system for me...

squicken

kap needs to call out our receivers. why aren't they getting wide open for him so he can throw it!

I think it is a good point by Moss. I've seen Bustford do something similar. Not that he ever calls anyone out, but they'll lose and he'll say "we" too much. Even if it is a lie, QB has to say "I" messed up. Moss brings up that RG3 just needs media training and thinks the PR staff is dropping the ball

I think it is a good point by Moss. I've seen Bustford do something similar. Not that he ever calls anyone out, but they'll lose and he'll say "we" too much. Even if it is a lie, QB has to say "I" messed up. Moss brings up that RG3 just needs media training and thinks the PR staff is dropping the ball

kap always blames himself. doesn't make me feel any better about his shitty performances. i think our coaching staff put too much faith in the read option and now that its clear the league has figured it out we're starting from scratch and kap has to take his lumps trying to be a regular QB

Greg

I wish I had the cash for an Xbox One but I'm going to wait it out. I really want a white version.
racist

NBA2k14
Madden 25 ($10 upgrade)
BF4 ($10 upgrade)
NFS Rivals
Ryse
Zoo Tycoon
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instict
Super Mario 3d world

damn, that's a lot of gaming!

hard work paying off is the best

RG3 is gonna get a ton of people fired. I think Washington gives him one more year and if he doesn't improve and still acts the same, then try to trade him for almost anything.

squicken

kap always blames himself. doesn't make me feel any better about his shitty performances. i think our coaching staff put too much faith in the read option and now that its clear the league has figured it out we're starting from scratch and kap has to take his lumps trying to be a regular QB

Just really messed up the WR situation, but that Kap is barely throwing for 100 yards sometimes is bad. Doesn't help his cause to go around getting salty in press conferences and on social media. Though they do beat the bad and mediocre teams. I sure hope they aren't serious about a big money extension this offseason

RG3 is gonna get a ton of people fired. I think Washington gives him one more year and if he doesn't improve and still acts the same, then try to trade him for almost anything.

I think they'll change coaches, and that coach will keep emphasizing the run game, but focus on improving the defense. Russell and Cam have ascended to elite status thanks to some pretty good defenses. It's what Brady did as a young player as well. Few guys come into the league like Luck and Peyton, ready to throw it around 40 times and score 24+ a game

Konka

Banned

I certainly hope so.

I think they'll change coaches, and that coach will keep emphasizing the run game, but focus on improving the defense. Russell and Cam have ascended to elite status thanks to some pretty good defenses. It's what Brady did as a young player as well. Few guys come into the league like Luck and Peyton, ready to throw it around 40 times and score 24+ a game

Russell and Cam both have a bigger build than RGIII and can take hits much better. Griffen looks like he is going to break every time he is hit.

The Revolution's read option seems to be working just fine.

squicken

I certainly hope so.

Russell and Cam both have a bigger build than RGIII and can take hits much better. Griffen looks like he is going to break every time he is hit.

If you have FS1, turn it on to see how small Russell is. Cam is a freak. I'd never worry about him running b/c he is the guy who delivers the hit. But Wilson has been getting blasted at times and it is just a matter of when he takes a bad hit

Konka

Banned
If you have FS1, turn it on to see how small Russell is. Cam is a freak. I'd never worry about him running b/c he is the guy who delivers the hit. But Wilson has been getting blasted at times and it is just a matter of when he takes a bad hit

Yeah but I'm comparing him to Griffen. He is a good three inches shorter and only 11 pounds lighter. He has a bulkier build.

squicken

I feel embarrassed to ask this, but on the PS4, I'm looking at the Killzone menu. I can highlight "start" and start the game, and just below that there is a thumbs up with a "16.1k" next to it. I can add and remove a check mark. What is this? Is this the cloud save? What does checking or unchecking do?

cdyhybrid

Most of Russell's biggest hits are from standing in the pocket. He'll stay in and take a shot to make a throw downfield. He rarely gets blown up on scrambles, or even hit at all.

MechDX

Reading Xone reviews I have come to a realization: I will NEVER use all that multimedia bullshit. I have a damn nice Onkyo receiver with 6 HDMI inputs and a Logitech 1100 touchscreen remote for a reason.

If I want to watch TV I hit "Watch TV" on my remote and Im done. I want play a game I hit "Play XBOX 360" and I play a game. I want to watch a BluRay I hit "Watch BluRay" and I watch a damn movie.

Bowser

I feel embarrassed to ask this, but on the PS4, I'm looking at the Killzone menu. I can highlight "start" and start the game, and just below that there is a thumbs up with a "16.1k" next to it. I can add and remove a check mark. What is this? Is this the cloud save? What does checking or unchecking do?

Honestly? Without having the machine, sounds like the Facebook "like" button. Does it look something like this:

MechDX

Think I have narrowed it down to Wii U or PS4. Rather play Killzone than Ryse at this point and its a $100 cheaper....If I can find one.

I was talking to my mom today, and she said she watched the game last night and thought how nice it was to watch a real elite quarterback play, and how nice it must be for the fans of that team. I said, "Yeah, Cam was really good last night." She said she was talking about Brady. I laughed, told her she was racist, and hung up.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I really liked RGIII during his rookie year. Seemed like a cool, laid back guy who had some never before seen potential to be an all time greet.

As soon as I saw him first game of the year, against the Iggles, coming out of the tunnel with all the cameras on him like he is the football messiah incarnated I knew he was a giant douche.

He always seems to bask in the positive attention on him, but when shit goes south he points the finger at someone else which a QB should never ever do.

Out of those five upcoming QBs from last year (Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Kaepernick and RGIII) who the media hyped to the moon only Luck and Wilson look like they`re going to have long term success in the league.

Narag

Out of those five upcoming QBs from last year (Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Kaepernick and RGIII) who the media hyped to the moon only Luck and Wilson look like they`re going to have long term success in the league.

I like how humble Luck is. Doesn't really want to be the star of the team but just a member of it. Dude sounded like he choked up when he was asked about the pass he threw that knocked Reggie Wayne out for the season.

Striker

Shawn Andrews rips some more on McNabb. Basically says McNabb spread rumors that Andrews was gay, and that he McNabb was an attention whore
http://deadspin.com/shawn-andrews-t...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
“We were in the weight room the day after a game, stretching, and Eli [Manning] came up to me and said, ‘Shawn, thanks for protecting me,’” Andrews says. That never happened in Philadelphia. I had heard that Tom Brady bought his linemen Mercedes. That ‘thank you’ was my Mercedes. That meant a lot to me, but the entire organization was like that.

He never rips the Philly organization or many of its players. It's primarily how much of a douchebag Donovan was and really no one should be surprised. Dude got upset over the attention Owens was getting and ran him out of town. Get an elite WR after years of mediocrity then it's blown up because of his emotions got the better of him. Can respect his game but dude is a jackass.

Think I have narrowed it down to Wii U or PS4. Rather play Killzone than Ryse at this point and its a $100 cheaper....If I can find one.

Gonna be a good year before the PS4 has a good enough library for me anyway. Gonna let the PS Plus games collect for a good while, or at least wait for the Second Sun bundle next year.

Look what Wii U has done in a year. New Super Mario and Luigi (get the bundle) Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, ZombiU and now Super Mario 3D World.

Gamepad is sexy too. The remote play is good as long as you don't have very thick walls at home.

Top Bottom