• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

jakncoke

Banned
I'll never understand my parents or people who spend money on cigarettes. My parents spend 3120 on cigarettes a year. Mind boggles.

Dragon

Banned
Peyton played a game that would shame Geno Smith and it took a huge comeback and OT to do it.

You should be happy. The Steelers could make the playoffs this year and be last year's Ravens!

I'll never understand my parents or people who spend money on cigarettes. My parents spend 3120 on cigarettes a year. Mind boggles.

3120 a year to die earlier. smh

You guys are funny. Calling people out for not posting during the game?

Tons of us never post during games. I rarely do - too busy actually watching the motherfucker. Far too emotionally invested to post while watching the Steelers.

I hate agreeing with you, but I was way too salty in the first half to formulate a sentence. And Godslay calling people out for not posting for 26 minutes is dumber than usual for him.

effzee

I wake up and turn on Mike and Mike and hear the most asinine debate over having overtime at all in the NFL.

Also next week's match ups are going to be insane. Almost every game will have post season implications.

Still can't believe the Cards are 7-4. Hoping the Raiders have something in them to beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Would really help the Eagles out fellas.

I wake up and turn on Mike and Mike and hear the most asinine debate over having overtime at all in the NFL.

Also next week's match ups are going to be insane. Almost every game will have post season implications.

Still can't believe the Cards are 7-4. Hoping the Raiders have something in them to beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Would really help the Eagles out fellas.

Not looking good with the injuries we suffered yesterday and a short week.

bionic77

You should be happy. The Steelers could make the playoffs this year and be last year's Ravens!
I usually stick to my theory of a shitty team winning, but man this Steelers team is so bad that even if they get the coveted 6 seed I think they will be the exception to the rule.

It would take an inconceivable amount of luck to see them winning 4 playoff games. Unless we get to play Geno Smith and Captain Checkdown every week it doesn't seem possible.

I will say this though. If the Steelers manage to win it all then it is absolute proof that God exists and favors both Tebow and the Steelers.

Guys, seems like Fallout 4 is really going to be announced!

7tQoJsn.gif
7tQoJsn.gif
7tQoJsn.gif

effzee

Not looking good with the injuries we suffered yesterday and a short week.

Its the perfect time to get Dallas! Short week they will be at home feeling themselves.

DO IT MAN!

Also Foles v an elite level D scares the shit out of me. I know the players were off but I hope Chip and the coaching staff were studying game film these two weeks. Foles has been excellent but now with full pressure on him, in a playoff push, chance to win the division, and against the Cards D I am scared of what we will see.

Need to run the ball a lot. 30+ carries for McCoy and Brown please!

jakncoke

Banned

3120 a year to die earlier. smh

I hate agreeing with you, but I was way too salty in the first half to formulate a sentence. And Godslay calling people out for not posting for 26 minutes is dumber than usual for him.

Yeah doesnt make much sense.

manfestival

I usually can watch the first half of the 1pm games but I cant watch 4pm games cause my sundays tend to be busy but im glued to my phone as much as possible to be updated

Godslay

Banned

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of it. Doesn't surprise me that the nuance is lost on you.

People don't post during the game, call Tabris out on do doing the same thing, so I call them out on the same bullshit. Can't be have it both ways. But I guess I was being dumber than usual. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you, because I'd do it the same way all over again. Thank Tebow I don't lose sleep over people's opinions of me.

Tamanon

Banned
Funny/Sad fact about the Jaguars:

Yesterday marked the first time a receiver has had back-to-back 700 yard seasons since......Jimmy Smith.

Congrats to Cecil Shorts!

Colasante

November 25, 2012
Texans (11-1), 1st in AFC
Falcons (11-1), 1st in NFC

November 25,2013
Texans (2-9), last in AFC
Falcons (2-9), last in NFC

It all started to crumble for the Texans when they wore their letterman jackets against the Patriots. With the Falcons, who the hell knows, there's no way Julio Jones is a 9-game difference sort of player.

It all started to crumble for the Texans when they wore their letterman jackets against the Patriots. With the Falcons, who the hell knows, there's no way Julio Jones is a 9-game difference sort of player.

Falcons never paid any attention to their O and D lines. Teams turn to shit real fast with bad lines.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have a feeling Hood's going to see time at NT ahead of either guy.

I wouldn't mind, but that's only feasible if Keisel is available. Part of me is happy that Hood and Worilds figured out that they're playing for contracts, but they're starting to price themselves out of Pittsburgh. I just hope Jason gets 5 more quarterback hits against the Ratbirds.

Well, he's right. They did talk too damned much during the week which I'm not a fan of. In the past though, they've generally backed up that talk. This season? You're 4-6 and hardly a team to be reckoned with in the NFC, best to shut-up and let your play do the talking if you're out to prove anything.

Part of me is bummed the season is over. There's very little meaningful left to watch from a Giants perspective. At this point we're playing for draft positioning and I'd just prefer they tank so they can address the massive holes on the offensive line and get this offense back to some semblance of functionality in so far as the air attack is concerned.

I wouldn't mind, but that's only feasible if Keisel is available. Part of me is happy that Hood and Worilds figured out that they're playing for contracts, but they're starting to price themselves out of Pittsburgh. I just hope Jason gets 5 more quarterback hits against the Ratbirds.

I'm holding out hope that Worilds will give us a discount. I'm also reminded of what Keith Butler said at the beginning of the season - paraphrased - "We don't pay players to stand on the sidelines." Woodley's gotta be sweating.

So much hate for both teams tonight, but really, watching the Redskins continue to fall apart can bring me no more joy. A 6-5 Niners team, and another giant stinker by Kaep will put me in the Thanksgiving Spirit

Well, he's right. They did talk too damned much during the week which I'm not a fan of. In the past though, they've generally backed up that talk. This season? You're 4-6 and hardly a team to be reckoned with in the NFC, best to shut-up and let your play do the talking if you're out to prove anything.

Part of me is bummed the season is over. There's very little meaningful left to watch from a Giants perspective. At this point we're playing for draft positioning and I'd just prefer they tank so they can address the massive holes on the offensive line and get this offense back to some semblance of functionality in so far as the air attack is concerned.

So who's gone at the end of the season?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm holding out hope that Worilds will give us a discount. I'm also reminded of what Keith Butler said at the beginning of the season - paraphrased - "We don't pay players to stand on the sidelines." Woodley's gotta be sweating.

The funny thing is that Worilds has been far more injury prone than Woodley's oft injured self.

And I don't want to jinx anything, but the o-line sure plays better when they don't sustain a ton on injuries and actually get to develop some chemistry. I'm starting to believe that consistency is more important than talent along the front.

Dragon

Banned
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of it. Doesn't surprise me that the nuance is lost on you.

People don't post during the game, call Tabris out on do doing the same thing, so I call them out on the same bullshit. Can't be have it both ways. But I guess I was being dumber than usual. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you, because I'd do it the same way all over again. Thank Tebow I don't lose sleep over people's opinions of me.

If you can't see the difference between following a team for 20 years and Tabris switching teams based on a QB he follows, I really don't know what to say. The fact you're blind because he's cheering for the Broncos isn't lost on me, it's just pretty damn pathetic.

So who's gone at the end of the season?
Player or coaching wise? Players I've pretty much got a list. :jnc

Coaching wise I have a few guesses but I have to see how the rest of the season goes. I think Fewell is gone as he is in the last year of his contract but if I'm being honest, his defense has been solid considering the lack of talent at key positions. Some will look at that last Romo drive as the defense losing the game and that's fair but they gave up 14 points up to that last drive. They had 4 sacks and got a ton of pressure on Romo.

The offense had two red zone opportunities and did nothing with them. You convert those two drives into 7 and we're talking about the Giants in contention for the East title this AM instead of the season being over.

I know Giants fans won't like to hear this but I think Gilbride is safe. Despite calling one of the worst games I've seen in his tenure as the Giants OC, there's a lot of history there and if Coughlin is safe, then so is he.

Coaching wise I have a few guesses but I have to see how the rest of the season goes. I think Fewell is gone as he is in the last year of his contract but if I'm being honest, his defense has been solid considering the lack of talent at key positions. Some will look at that last Romo drive as the defense losing the game and that's fair but they gave up 14 points up to that last drive. They had 4 sacks and got a ton of pressure on Romo.

The offense had two red zone opportunities and did nothing with them. You convert those two drives into 7 and we're talking about the Giants in contention for the East title this AM instead of the season being over.

I know Giants fans won't like to hear this but I think Gilbride is safe. Despite calling one of the worst games I've seen in his tenure as the Giants OC, there's a lot of history there and if Coughlin is safe, then so is he.

You guys should never have dropped David Carr. That was Eli's friend. :(

The funny thing is that Worilds has been far more injury prone than Woodley's oft injured self.

And I don't want to jinx anything, but the o-line sure plays better when they don't sustain a ton on injuries and actually get to develop some chemistry. I'm starting to believe that consistency is more important than talent along the front.

True, but Woodley makes 60 million, so every game he misses is huge. We could probably get Worilds for half that.

As for the o-line, most of the blown plays they suffer is from missing their assignments, not getting beat physically.

Player wise actually. I agree with your opinion earlier in the season that Coughlin is safe.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How long does Coughlin continue to coach, FV? He's in his late 60's, iirc. Surely, he has earned the right to coach as long as he wants. But if he sees a long rebuild in the future, does he stick around to lead it?

bionic77

That has always been the case.

The best lines usually have 2 beasts and then great chemistry where they all know how to work with each other. That takes time though and can't be picked up in the pre-season.

Ideally you want a stud at LT who gives the qb total piece of mind, a smart center, one or two bulls who can open a hole into the gates of hell of required (ideally the center and left or right guard so you can just blow it right down their throat), and the leftovers need to be versatile (along with the backups). That would be my perfect o-line in todays NFL.

If you can't do that then just teach your line to hold the way the Pats do year in and year out and that will take you pretty far. I am being nice today and assuming it is superior coaching and not the usual bribe.

Colasante

Shane Vereen is really really good (Watching the condensed game on GamePass now)

Indeed he is. I think he's more likely to receive a contract extension than Stevan Ridley next season. Belichick has always valued his third down backs more than his bellcows. I just hope he can stay healthy going forward.

bionic77

I feel bad for Manning. No matter were he goes his defense fails him causing his teams to lose.
Such a shit troll.

Why are Pats fans so dumb? Is it genetic or is it the shitty environments that you are raised in that led you to the sad state you are all in today?

Indeed he is. I think he's more likely to receive a contract extension than Stevan Ridley next season. Belichick has always valued his third down backs more than his bellcows. I just hope he can stay healthy going forward.

Should really try and re-sign Edelman as well. Those 2 guys make this offense tick.

Edit: Chandler Jones was having himself a game as well.

squicken

Josh McCown had an 80 QBR yesterday and somehow that is below his season average. The guy has been so good this year. The Bears would be fools to play Cutler when he gets healthy

Top Bottom