• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

cdyhybrid

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...awks-walter-thurmond-faces-4game-ban-for-peds

wtf how did i miss this? i'm sure its already been discussed but another seachicken suspended for PEDs

Cornerback Walter Thurmond is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse (non-PED), NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning," according to multiple sources informed of the situation.

FMT pls

He went to Oregon so he was probably "smoking it all" Cliff Harris style.

These made me laugh but are pretty harsh.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nf...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Onion Sports presents its winners and losers from the 12th week of the NFL season:

Winners

Wes Welker: With a costly drop and a mismanaged punt return in overtime, Welker proved he is still a force for the Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: A third straight win has set the stage for an exciting end to Greg Schiano’s NFL career
Matt Flynn: Finally coming back full circle to filling in for the Packers, Flynn is destined to cash in with another $30 million contract this summer

Losers

New York Giants: After a heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys, the Giants’ October 10 matchup against the Bears is looking more and more like a must-have-won
Tony Carter: The Broncos cornerback's mishandling of a punt return in OT allowed the Patriots to take the win after Denver had spent the entire game diligently coughing up its lead
Jason Campbell: A third-quarter concussion may end his career weeks prematurely

I thought tragicomedy was destined to be the new dirtbag. Now I fear I was wrong.

I participate throughout the week, keep a fairly-level headed assessment of my team's actual prospects (13-3 and losing in the first two rounds of the playoffs), and always congratulate our opponents when we lose.

I post significantly less bullcrap in this thread than most of the regulars, who are busy spanking their Wiis, talking about the glory of 3d Zelda on a low-res miniscreen, or arguing about the relative values of two consoles from companies who would run over their grandmothers in the street to take their money.

In short, you're barking up the wrong tree.

You'll have to excuse any fanbase that turns a 2-14 season around into a 9-0 start. Even if we lost out the rest of the season, which has zero chance of happening, this season is already a success. We're playoff bound. As a Chiefs fan, I don't get to say that too often.

Bowser

T034r15.png

This will be DM's avatar next week.

Tom Penny

Letting Talib go would be the worst thing the defense could do. They are a different team with him playing. He's a risky guy to sign, but I hope they pay him. Although, I am preparing myself for when they eventually let him go :(

I think the most you can hope for is a franchise tag. I just don't see them making it rain for him and another team will.

not looking forward to playing in arizona if the playoffs are on the line for both teams. cards always give us tough games there :/

It is mixed feelings for me as perhaps it is for you. On the one hand, it's a tough and scary match up but on the other hand, is it not awesome and a testament to how great this sport can be to have a tough division match the very last game of the season decide who makes the playoffs? You can't possibly be more invested in a regular season game then that emotionally and it will be epic. If CAR would freaking lose we could both make it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints are the only team that can take them down remaining on their schedule and I want to say even being swept wouldn't be enough if the Cards and Niners both lose a single game. I'm pretty sure it's all going to come down to that final game unless one of us unexpectedly slips along the way. We have been deadly at home though so I feel confident no matter who we play here. I really wish that last game against SEA was in SEA and we were playing them here week 16 as we are a different team now, I bet we'd kick their ass. Too bad it will likely go the other way in SEA :|

rando14

It is mixed feelings for me as perhaps it is for you. On the one hand, it's a tough and scary match up but on the other hand, is it not awesome and a testament to how great this sport can be to have a tough division match the very last game of the season decide who makes the playoffs? You can't possibly be more invested in a regular season game then that emotionally and it will be epic. If CAR would freaking lose we could both make it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints are the only team that can take them down remaining on their schedule and I want to say even being swept wouldn't be enough if the Cards and Niners both lose a single game. I'm pretty sure it's all going to come down to that final game unless one of us unexpectedly slips along the way. We have been deadly at home though so I feel confident no matter who we play here. I really wish that last game against SEA was in SEA and we were playing them here week 16 as we are a different team now, I bet we'd kick their ass. Too bad it will likely go the other way in SEA :|

I realize you're on a hot streak right now but be real here. "Kick our ass"?

Your last home game wasn't even really a home game because our fans were drowning out Cards fans!! :cool:

I realize you're on a hot streak right now but be real here. "Kick our ass"?

Your last home game wasn't even really a home game because our fans were drowning out Cards fans!! :cool:

I don't mean we'd blow you out, it was more an aggressive way of saying we'd beat you. Doesn't matter because we're playing in SEA where you guys are a different team and it's hard to imagine winning there but if we keep up our level of play we have a chance at least. It's possible that the bandwagon Chicken fans bought a bunch of tickets but I want to say it was just one section that the camera focused on since you were winning. I can't say for certain, it's the one game I missed since it was a Thur night. It did sound like you got a lot of support though I will admit, pretty surprised because we beat out the opposing fans in every single game I attend and I'd know because my seats are in the visiting section. DAT BANDWAGON.

rando14

I don't mean we'd blow you out, it was more an aggressive way of saying we'd beat you. Doesn't matter because we're playing in SEA where you guys are a different team and it's hard to imagine winning there but if we keep up our level of play we have a chance at least. It's possible that the bandwagon Chicken fans bought a bunch of tickets but I want to say it was just one section that the camera focused on since you were winning. I can't say for certain, it's the one game I missed since it was a Thur night. It did sound like you got a lot of support though I will admit, pretty surprised because we beat out the opposing fans in every single game I attend and I'd know because my seats are in the visiting section. DAT BANDWAGON.

Haha it's no worries, I like the enthusiasm! All it means is that the NFC West is a beast. :cool: Hoping the game will be a good one!

Haha it's no worries, I like the enthusiasm! All it means is that the NFC West is a beast. :cool: Hoping the game will be a good one!

Me too, it's the only game remaining I'm not confident with. I expect a loss but your CB2 being out will certainly help and if our D stuffs beastmode this time... Well that's week 16, I only care about taking down the Eagles this week right now.

bionic77

NFL bros.

This wonderful game has made me hundreds of dollars this season.

I have decided to get a nice laptop bag. I want something that looks really nice and is light that can hold my 13" Air, a Kindle Paperwhite, Verizon Mifi and the airs power adapter along with some files.

Any suggestions.

If the Niners win tonight I should have close to 400 for this. If they choke I will hate them forever and will only have 300.

P.S. Go Niners!

NFL bros.

I have decided to get a nice laptop bag. I want something that looks really nice and is light that can hold my 13" Air, a Kindle Paperwhite, Verizon Mifi and the airs power adapter along with some files.

Any suggestions.

If the Niners win tonight I should have close to 400 for this. If they choke I will hate them forever and will only have 300.

P.S. Go Niners!

Shouldve just used one of your wife's purses.

Milchjon

NFL bros.

Any suggestions.

P.S. Go Niners!

thumb.aspx

NFL bros.

Any suggestions.

P.S. Go Niners!
Thank you for jinxing the Niners, now if Squicken and Mech could just Niner up their avatar WAS might actually have a chance. It's possible their voodoo magic only works once per week though.

j-wood

Griffin suspended for a week because of that hit on the raider receiver, which I think is just BS. Replay showed Griff's shoulder hit the guy first, and their helmets only hit because the receiver was falling down.

Defenses really can't do anything.

Bread

Banned
godslay i hate seeing you so bitter, have you considered accepting tom brady as your lord and savior? he will make the pain go away.

p.s. dutch i've never been into dirty euros, but your avatar is getting me hot and bothered. call me

Top Bottom