• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

MechDX

Kubs is an aggie. That explains so much about him especially the loyalty to the point of career suicide.

Us Rice Owls know you have to throw someone under the bus occasionally.

Guys, we all know Kubiak is going to be fired and replaced with someone worse, like Wade. There is no happy ending to this season.

After everything that has happened this season Wade will retire, IMO. I also don't think the FO will want him back after he came out last week and clearly stated he had NOTHING to do with the Ed Reed signing and that he wasn't even consulted beforehand.

what about just complaining about the refs in general?

I watch a lot of football, like most of us here, and it seems ridiculous to me that I can watch 2 different games, of which I have zero rooting interest in and see the same type of play called different by the officials. Pass interference is ridiculous now, almost anytime a receiver gets touched he's getting up asking for a damn flag, but in one game a defender can have his back to the ball and have pretty good coverage on the receiver but its PI "cause he didnt play the ball" but in another game the same thing can happen and it doesnt get called. Its really arbitrary.

My wife casually watches with me while she does other things, the other day when the Pats were playing the Saints, the pats got a beneficial call and she just casually goes, does it seem like to you that the pats get favoritism from the refs? If someone that casually watches football can see that, then i think there may be a problem.

I agree with you that there are often big discrepancies in reffing, on a team by team and often game by game basis. Referees are human beings. They're going to call things different, and favor certain teams. It happens in every sport.

If your team is good enough, discrepancies in reffing shouldn't matter. Brady gets the ball up towards Gronk and this is an entirely different discussion. He performed poorly and the Pats lost as a result. The Panthers were the better team on Monday up to the final play.

Grover...we've got Panthers lifelongs.

I never thought this day would come ;_;

Was that verified as actually being him?

edit: Nope, apparently a fake.

I've noticed a few more Panthers avys over in the Gaming side safari recently. Mama, we made it as an NFL franchise!

antm_fist_pump-1332519690.gif

I'm always welcome to more Panthers fans on the board though. It's pretty much been Bowser, Talamius, Crisco, and myself fighting the good fight this season (with some cameo appearances by other guys).

But I have one humble request for new guys. If you're here when we're winning, please don't leave when/if we lose. I can't deal with fairweather fans.

dionysus

Yaldog
After everything that has happened this season Wade will retire, IMO. I also don't think the FO will want him back after he came out last week and clearly stated he had NOTHING to do with the Ed Reed signing and that he wasn't even consulted beforehand.

You are being logical. I am not making a logical argument. I am just extrapolating the Texans behavior over the last few years and realizing that whatever is the worst outcome that can happen is probably going to be the one that happens. It would be a perfect end to this season to have the fanbase excited to see Kubiak fired and then a few months later the tears after the announcement that Wade is the new HC.

It will be a continuation of the Texans cycle for the fans. Hope that the Texans are turning things around finally (firing Kubiak) transforming into soul crushing disappointment when the fans realize nothing has changed (signing a HC like Wade.)

Bowser

I've noticed a few more Panthers avys over in the Gaming side safari recently. Mama, we made it as an NFL franchise!

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2012/03/antm_fist_pump-1332519690.gif[img]

I'm always welcome to more Panthers fans on the board though. It's pretty much been Bowser, Talamius, Crisco, and myself fighting the good fight this season (with some cameo appearances by other guys).

But I have one humble request for new guys. If you're here when we're winning, please don't leave when/if we lose. I can't deal with fairweather fans.[/QUOTE]

Also DY (but he never posts, he's more active for the Horncats), the guy that has like white sox in his name (wsox or something), and LegendofJoe.

I also thought that a guy with the name like UNCMark would be a Panthers fan, but I was sorely mistaken as he was a dirty Pats* fan.

MechDX

You are being logical. I am not making a logical argument. I am just extrapolating the Texans behavior over the last few years and realizing that whatever is the worst outcome that can happen is probably going to be the one that happens. It would be a perfect end to this season to have the fanbase excited to see Kubiak fired and then a few months later the tears after the announcement that Wade is the new HC.

It will be a continuation of the Texans cycle for the fans. Hope that the Texans are turning things around finally (firing Kubiak) transforming into soul crushing disappointment when the fans realize nothing has changed (signing a HC like Wade.)

So basically Dom Capers is coming back and we are drafting Derek Carr? AWESOME!

Also, don't ever mention the cycle again please. Thanks

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns-GAF bandwagoners only show up during our Super Bowl (the draft).

I expect a ton of fans to show up this year with all the picks we have.

Tenumi

Banned
Epa3IDe6.gif

Can't say who's at fault here, Warford or Waddle.

cYdH.gif

Waddle got plain beat here.

XWfz31jgT.gif

...As did Reiff here.

I'm starting to wonder if we should keep Worilds (#93) over Woodley.

Just a little O-Line analysis. Warford and Waddle have been good, but this just wasn't their game. Vets against the rooks, I imagine?

Those .gifs really highlight the differences between an elite QB like Rodgers and a guy like Stafford. Rodgers OL is a disaster and yet he can still make plays down the field.

jakncoke

Banned
http://www.gifti.me/i/Epa3IDe6.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://www.gifti.me/i/cYdH.gif[/]

[IMG]http://www.gifti.me/i/XWfz31jgT.gif[IMG]

I'm starting to wonder if we should keep Worilds (#93) over Woodley.[/QUOTE]

Considering how much Woodley costs and how much he disappears/injuries. I wouldnt shed a tear on his cut/trade

squicken

Those .gifs really highlight the differences between an elite QB like Rodgers and a guy like Stafford. Rodgers OL is a disaster and yet he can still make plays down the field.

Yeah that's a lot of room to slide and buy a little more time. Stafford doesn't take many sacks, but that's mostly b/c of how fast his release is and how unconcerned he is at throwing off balance

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rob Rang is a idiot. This team has a million problems, TE not being one of them. If we took a TE in the 1st i'd kick the rooneys, omer epps and fuck face colbert in the nuts

Heath hasn't been playing very well and he's in his 30's. Mike Adams is the second tight end. So, yes, it's a position of need.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Also DY (but he never posts, he's more active for the Horncats), the guy that has like white sox in his name (wsox or something), and LegendofJoe.

I also thought that a guy with the name like UNCMark would be a Panthers fan, but I was sorely mistaken as he was a dirty Pats* fan.

Let the record show that I've been a Cam and Smitty fan from day 1. If they make it to the playoffs, I'll be rooting for y'all.

Heath hasn't been playing very well and he's in his 30's. Mike Adams is the second tight end. So, yes, it's a position of need.

Heath sure picked a great time to go into decline. Hopefully it's just mental, but man does he look slow.

More importantly, he's getting beat bad on run plays.

Striker

Mobility is another thing.

In the same stance, the OL can be shitty at the tackles where it's easier to make passes downfield instead of the OL being weak inside where pressure will always be, making it difficult to step up in the pocket. Giants OL was awful in 2011, too, with Kareem McKenzie and Dave Diehl manning the OT spots, but this year with Boothe, Cordle, and Diehl inside, the line has been mostly terrible because of those three positions (the Center has improved lately, the Guard play has been detriment).

jakncoke

Banned

I dont see Heath playing that badly that we should use a 1st on TE when we have so many pressing matters. And Mike Adams is our 2nd TE because of our cap issue and lack of bringing in serviceable backup, Also keep in mind Matt Spaeth was suppose to be the back up but been injured, No ones 3rd string TE is decent. And lastly I dont understand why we signed Richard Gordon if we arent going to make him the backup

Chalk me up as a Carolina fan, I've posted here and there on this board during the games

I'm liking Uncle Jarvis more and more each week. Hasn't been able to get home with the pass rush but he's just around the ball.

I dont see Heath playing that badly that we should use a 1st on TE when we have so many pressing matters. And Mike Adams is our 2nd TE because of our cap issue and lack of bringing in serviceable backup, Also keep in mind Matt Spaeth was suppose to be the back up but been injured, No ones 3rd string TE is decent. And lastly I dont understand why we signed Richard Gordon if we arent going to make him the backup

I'm with ragequitter. TE is a need but not enough to waste a first round pick on. I'd rather see the Steelers go WR (one over 6'2" please!) or T/G.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm with ragequitter. TE is a need but not enough to waste a first round pick on. I'd rather see the Steelers go WR (one over 6'2" please!) or T/G.
Jace is 6'6". If he runs a 4.5 and can block, he'll fill that WR need just fine. I don't have any idea on those, as I won't start scouting guys until March.

But, as I'm sure you're aware, I think the Steelers should find a number one receiver this offseason. Trade for Andre Johnson! He's disgruntled and wants out.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm liking Uncle Jarvis more and more each week. Hasn't been able to get home with the pass rush but he's just around the ball.

Holy shit

jakncoke

Banned
Id be happy with any of the following in the first

Any secondary secondary help
a ilb that can call the D for Timmons
LT or really any line help

Jace is 6'6". If he runs a 4.5 and can block, he'll fill that WR need just fine. I don't have any idea on those, as I won't start scouting guys until March.

But, as I'm sure you're aware, I think the Steelers should find a number one receiver this offseason. Trade for Andre Johnson! He's disgruntled and wants out.

A 6'6" TE - *drool*...though I don't think the Steelers are ready to give up on Miller and a cursory look says Jace looks like a high R1 guy.

Id be happy with any of the following in the first

Any secondary secondary help
a ilb that can call the D for Timmons
LT or really any line help

I'm curious about how the Steelers will approach R1. Will they draft an ILB to go ahead of their project Williams? This season has proved that they don't want to put a green ILB on the field for a ton of snaps.

I also don't think they've given up on Adams at LT. He has the ability, I think his problem is mental.

Safety will also be a big need as one and perhaps both starting safeties will be gone - Sharknado is Troy's replacement, but what of Clark? Robert Golden isn't the guy.

Considering how much Woodley costs and how much he disappears/injuries. I wouldnt shed a tear on his cut/trade

Hate to say it, but I kind of agree. Woodley went into quite the decline since cashing in. Problem is, Jar Jar hasn't developed into being "the guy" on the other side. So they need bodies.

Top Bottom