• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

jmdajr

Not sure if posted but this news bit made me sad.

Ex-NFL player Frank Chamberlin, 35, dies of cancer

WYCKOFF, N.J. (AP) — Frank Chamberlin, an NFL linebacker who played with three teams from 2000 to 2005, has died from a rare form of brain cancer. He was 35.

The Van Emburgh-Sneider-Pernice Funeral Home in Ramsey says he died Sunday at a northern New Jersey hospital.

He was diagnosed with brain cancer about a year ago after a seizure. He soon had surgery in which part of the tumor was removed.

Chamberlin was a fullback and linebacker at Boston College and was drafted by Tennessee in 2000. He spent three seasons with the Titans and later played with the Cincinnati Bengals and Houston Texans.

After leaving the NFL, he worked at an investment banking firm in Manhattan.

Crap way to go...

RBH

At some point this season, I will use this gif in this thread in a meaningful context:

la-dee-da.gif

Tim lost twice and we faced the cheats when they still had Hernandez and Welker last time playing their best ball. Even though they got two home games in a row on Denver the short week for them almost makes up for that injustice.

Almost.

The Broncos could have won last year without a redzone fumble. The Pats were on the ropes for the fourth quarter. This time, Manning is firmly entrenched in this offense.

The Broncos are 20-2 since that game.

Colasante

Steve Gregory may be cleared to play for the Patriots this week. I wonder if, in the event that both Dennard and Talib are out, they'd consider moving Devin McCourty back to cornerback for the game and playing Gregory and Duron Harmon at safety. That probably wouldn't make the defense any better, but if it keeps Marquice Cole off the field, it might be for the best.

Crisco

Banned
Cam just doesn't have the volume stats to win MVP this year. Panthers actually run the ball when protecting a lead instead of trying to break records.

Hunter S.

I wonder if Wes Welker will be greeted with boos from Bostantonians as he comes back to Belichick's torture pit.

To be fair, the Broncos are pretty beat up too. Losing safety Rahim Moore is a pretty big blow to the secondery.

Hunter S.

Chargers, Colts, or Broncos can easily beat the Chefs at least one MRE time. As the Chargers beat the Chiefs twice and easily last year. Truth bomb biiitch!!

Colasante

Excuses sure keep piling up, I expect a close game regardless of who's out there.

That's not really an excuse, is it? Those are pretty devastating losses. It's not even like the Broncos losing Ryan Clady, which is a huge loss, but it's negated by Manning's ability to get the ball out quickly. There's really no negation of losing your two starting DTs and starting MLB for the season and being forced to start a rookie 6th round pick and rookie UDFA.

I think the Broncos would win even if the Patriots were 100% healthy, but the defensive injuries have reached a tipping point to where I don't think the Patriots stand a chance.

squicken

That's not really an excuse, is it? Those are pretty devastating losses. It's not even like the Broncos losing Ryan Clady, which is a huge loss, but it's negated by Manning's ability to get the ball out quickly. There's really no negation of losing your two starting DTs and starting MLB for the season and being forced to start a rookie 6th round pick and rookie UDFA.

I think the Broncos would win even if the Patriots were 100% healthy, but the defensive injuries have reached a tipping point to where I don't think the Patriots stand a chance.

Yeah people do too much of the tough guy "next man up" stuff, though I think Chris is just trolling the Pats. But there is a threshold that no team can overcome, and every team has certain players than can't be replaced. Not to say that good teams don't build depth at role positions and are better able to overcome it. New England did a poor job of being ready for DL losses. That was a failure by BB

Every team goes through injuries, you guys are 7-3 when most of your offensive weapons were either out or in prison for the first part of the year, there is no way this game isn't close as long as Manning and Brady are out on the field. When you lose either of those two then I can see one been a huge favorite over the other.

What's the Dolphins excuse for sucking.

We really suck, hence the sucking.

Yeah people do too much of the tough guy "next man up" stuff, though I think Chris is just trolling the Pats. But there is a threshold that no team can overcome, and every team has certain players than can't be replaced. Not to say that good teams don't build depth at role positions and are better able to overcome it. New England did a poor job of being ready for DL losses. That was a failure by BB

Partial trolling but I seriously think it will be a close game till the end, even 3rd string back ups are in the NFL for a reason and with good coaching you can cover up injuries just seems like pats fans are accepting defeat already, I would love nothing more than to see the pats get crushed but I don't see it happening regardless of injuries. Are the broncos going to have Welker? That's a big loss for Manning especially now that he's even more immobile, but Manning will find a way, just like BB will find a way to make his defense work.

squicken

Partial trolling but I seriously think it will be a close game till the end, even 3rd string back ups are in the NFL for a reason and with good coaching you can cover up injuries just seems like pats fans are accepting defeat already, I would love nothing more than to see the pats get crushed but I don't see it happening regardless of injuries. Are the broncos going to have Welker? That's a big loss for Manning especially now that he's even more immobile, but Manning will find a way, just like BB will find a way to make his defense work.

I think if there isn't a pass rush a defensive coach can gamble with his DBs and blitz a little. Likewise if the coverage is bad he can rely on his DL to cover up for them. But when the both the DBs and DLs are backups, there's nothing he can do

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m

ESPN analyst Ray Lewis: "I will see Ahmad on Monday and I will have a check in hand for half of the fine."

Gaming side, actually 90% of the entirety of NeoGAF, is completely insufferable. The new console launches have destroyed any sort of logical, calm discussion that existed. RESOLUTION CERNY DDR5!!11!1111! Neither console has anything worth dropping $400-$500 on at the moment. That Dead Rising 3 thread in which someone took offense to a certain boss was hilarious as well.

EDIT: I can't believe Ahmad Brooks got fined for the Brees hit. The penalty negating the turnover was punishment enough, but don't act like that's why the Saints won. The Niners had all the opportunities in the world and couldn't put anything together without the help of Corey White and drunken Brees.

DJ Hayden placed on IR with a groin injury. I think he must have torn it pretty good. Has been out the past 2 games.

Also McG is taking 1st team reps at QB as expected. Pryor working with the 2nd team.

Milchjon

Some Talib quotes:

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 18m
Talib on Steve Smith: "I’m done with Steve for the year, man. Great game, great competitor, man. I always enjoy going against Steve."

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 14m
Talib on Smith: "It’s never personal, man. Him and the other guy from St. Louis, that was personal. ... (cont)"

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 13m
Talib (cont): "...He didn’t say he was going to punch me in my face after the game. He just told me to go get in the tub."

On his hip/health status:

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 19m
Talib on hip: "It’s all right. It tightened up on me a little bit toward the end of the game. It’s fine, though. Feeling good."

I think if there isn't a pass rush a defensive coach can gamble with his DBs and blitz a little. Likewise if the coverage is bad he can rely on his DL to cover up for them. But when the both the DBs and DLs are backups, there's nothing he can do

BB played zone for most of the panthers game because he couldn't blitz and if it wasn't for Cam being Cam they would have been able to stop the panthers on several scoring drives. BB can cover up things pretty well.

Tom Penny

Pats defense won't determine if they are in the game. It's all on the offense. I think they do the opposite of trying to play ball control and spread them out knowing they need to put up 30+ to have a chance. I think I'm going to make some chili or beef stew for the game. It's going to be cold.

Top Bottom