• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

cdyhybrid

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 2m
NFL Network scroll has changed wording on Browner report to no longer say PED suspension. This situation is weird.

Sorry guys, nothing to see here. Just Mike Silver being terrible at his job, as per usual.

Edit: Certainly not a slow news day here.

It's Apple Cup week, the Thurmond/Browner stuff, Chris Hansen going HAM on the Seattle Times for trying to smear his Sonics arena plan, and one of the twin cancers in the Mariners organization will retire at the end of January.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That was a great piece, and I definitely share his thoughts. edit: To elaborate, it's not that he's against football, he wants to love Football more knowing it can be safer.

fake edit: Football is not alone in the scrutiny. Hockey is under fire as well just as much.

It can`t be safer. Football is a violent sport and the only way to make it safer is to play flag football.

Everyone talks about helmet to helmet hits, but whats worse is your head hitting the ground. How do you change the rules on that?

Like Keyshawn, Carter and Tom Jackson said the game has done far more good for players than bad. The life lessons the game teaches are unparalleled compared to any other sport IMO.

Paches

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 2m
NFL Network scroll has changed wording on Browner report to no longer say PED suspension. This situation is weird.

Sorry guys, nothing to see here. Just Mike Silver being terrible at his job, as per usual.

Edit: Certainly not a slow news day here.

It's Apple Cup week, the Thurmond/Browner stuff, Chris Hansen going HAM on the Seattle Times for trying to smear his Sonics arena plan, and one of the twin cancers in the Mariners organization will retire at the end of January.

I can't keep up with everything. This is a rollercoaster of emotions.

Steve young and trent dilfer spittin hot truth on why kapernick and rg3 are strugglig. They are looking too long for the perfact play. Sometime you just gotta throw the dumpoff for 3 yards

ShaneB

It can`t be safer. Football is a violent sport and the only way to make it safer is to play flag football.

Everyone talks about helmet to helmet hits, but whats worse is your head hitting the ground. How do you change the rules on that?

Like Keyshawn, Carter and Tom Jackson said the game has done far more good for players than bad. The life lessons the game teaches are unparalleled compared to any other sport IMO.

To simply say it can't be safer is just being foolish. It's a physical sport, it doesn't have to feel like a violent sport. But I'm in the same mindset that the piece was presented, I love the big hits and all that stuff too, I just want it safer.

Also, your last comment can apply to all dangerous jobs in the world, and all sports in the world, etc etc. It's just cliches they were spitting out. Plenty of people die crab fishing, but those who are still doing it would say the same sorts of things, etc.

edit: Browner suspended for one year??!?!?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow at that suspension for Browner. Seriously what the hell is going on in that locker room?

Was it PEDs or just something like weed?

xnipx

I still don't understand why employers care about weed use in this day and age. You can have a DUI on ur record and get a job but some thc in ur piss will disqualify you for the same job.

Colasante

He'll be back in time to help some team in the playoffs next season, but I doubt it'll be the Seahawks. That should be fascinating when the time comes.

cdyhybrid

NFL isn't allowed to release what the drug was that they got busted for.

They can specify whether it's substance abuse policy or PED policy, though - two separate rulesets. Or at least the leaks do.

I still don't understand why employers care about weed use in this day and age. You can have a DUI on ur record and get a job but some thc in ur piss will disqualify you for the same job.

Me neither, but it's still dumb to get caught for it. Probably 3/4 of the league smokes regularly and doesn't get caught.

He'll be back in time to help some team in the playoffs next season, but I doubt it'll be the Seahawks. That should be fascinating when the time comes.

Yeah, I highly doubt he'll be back.

Konka

Banned
map_specnews35_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

Wooo snow!

squicken

Well he was subject to random tests b/c of past PED use. Twitter says it's a possible year long suspension. I've said before that Browner has a Barry Bonds head and jaw. It was clear he was on PEDs

I'm not buying the weed excuse. Not for a player on a team that is notorious for PED cheating

Well at least there's one less player we need to pay next year. He was getting destroyed most of the time he played this year anyways. We've been good at drafting mid-late round DB's so I'm not that worried about replacing him except for the rest of the year.

cdyhybrid

Well he was subject to random tests b/c of past PED use. Twitter says it's a possible year long suspension. I've said before that Browner has a Barry Bonds head and jaw. It was clear he was on PEDs

I'm not buying the weed excuse. Not for a player on a team that is notorious for PED cheating

The guy who broke the story changed it to reflect that it wasn't a positive test for PEDs. I guess you can believe what you want though!

squicken

The guy who broke the story changed it to reflect that it wasn't a positive test for PEDs. I guess you can believe what you want though!

Why do the Seahawks have so many suspensions for drugs? Or should have been suspended in the case of Sherman? And why were they all formerly PEDs and now are substance abuse suspensions?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So Winfield signing isn't a thing yet either.

Amateur Hour over at Mike Silver's twitter account!

Why do the Seahawks have so many suspensions for drugs? Or should have been suspended in the case of Sherman? And why were they all formerly PEDs and now are substance abuse suspensions?
That was last year, this is this year. Amazing how that works.

JCizzle

The one game where Boldin wasn't useless... :(

Eh? Boldin has literally been the only quality WR all year. He's still great for getting those tough first downs. The problem is that he's also being leaned on to stretch the field and do everything else. That's not his game anymore. They need to put trust in someone - anyone - else at WR to take pressure off him. I have no confidence that Crabs will be doing anything this year, and even if he does get back I still think they need a deep threat.

cdyhybrid

They're stupid enough to get caught. You're a fool if you think guys across the league aren't smoking weed on the regular. Thurmond doesn't surprise me at all since he's a damn dirty Duck.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In general, if you're taking drugs that aren't PEDs, chances are they are performance inhibiting drugs. That's why it's even more dumb to be taking them.

squicken

So to stem their cravings for dynabol and adderall, the Seahawks have turned to "weed"

Doesn't wash for me. Time will prove me right. Usually does

You can trace the cheating all the way back to USC and a coach that left right when his kingdom came crashing down.

Yep. I've praised the depth they have there, but it's pretty clear what the secret is to getting a lot out of late round picks

JCizzle

You can trace the cheating all the way back to USC and a coach that left right when his kingdom came crashing down.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I`d take Browner on the Lions at a discount, in a heartbeat.

But I`m willing to beat he goes to the 49ers when his suspension is over.

Either way it helps us in a potential playoff match down the road.

i have two things to say:

1. i will be gracing the thread with my presence tonight as i did not want to sit in traffic to get to my friends house to watch the game

2. lulz seachickens what a surprise. wont be long now until earl thomas, kam chancelor and the rest of the cheaters on that defense and indeeded team are exposed

I`d take Browner on the Lions at a discount, in a heartbeat.

But I`m willing to beat he goes to the 49ers when his suspension is over.

Either way it helps us in a potential playoff match down the road.

He's not hard to beat unless you're only throwing deep routes against him. If he's not playing bump and run then he's terrible.

Top Bottom