• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Mindlog

Weird. He forgot to mention how overrated the DS4 is. It's an OK controller, but the love it gets is kind of weird to me. Of course saying these things on gaming side right now would be foolish. Will have to get my hands on an X1 controller to see how it stacks up to the old 360. Sucks to see controllers make such small ergonomic progress compared to gaming mice.

NFL Network’s one-hour special “The First Cut” on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 10 p.m. ET

If Derrick Brooks isn't nominated tonight I will set your dick on fire.
Dungy seems like an obvious first ballot.

Pats defense won't determine if they are in the game. It's all on the offense. I think they do the opposite of trying to play ball control and spread them out knowing they need to put up 30+ to have a chance. I think I'm going to make some chili or beef stew for the game. It's going to be cold.

I think I heard someone from WBZ forecast single digits after wind chill for Sunday night

squicken

So does Buffalo and Dallas

That defense was fantastic in 2011 when they were healthy. He also was responsible for drafting Watt. I doubt anyone in Houston will hate him, but he has proven that he isn't very good at adapting to the talent on hand. He's sort of like Kubiak; they are going to run their system and it doesn't matter who is there

---

BZiki2ZCIAASVL7.jpg

Chris Long fielding questions before Bears game

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Praise the football Gods, Nate Burleson may finally return this week.

The Lions could be getting a little help for Calvin Johnson at wide receiver as they try to bounce back from their loss to Pittsburgh this weekend.

Nate Burleson said Tuesday that he feels like he’s ready to return to the lineup, which comes one day after coach Jim Schwartz said Burleson could return from a broken arm against the Buccaneers. Burleson hasn’t received medical clearance yet, but he suggested it’s the only thing standing in his way.

“I feel like I can go out there and be productive,” Burleson said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com. “I caught the ball last week very well, ran some routes, had some physical contact. So this week is taking another step. Hopefully a full week of practice without any setbacks, this was around the date of my anticipated return anyway. Everything else was just going to be a bonus, me trying to rush back on the field, but I’m doing everything I can. We’ll see what happens this week.”

Kris Durham is the only non-Megatron receiver that has more catches than Burleson, but he’s averaging under three catches a game while Burleson raced up 19 in just three weeks. Getting that kind of option back would be big for a Lions offense that could use as many dimensions as possible as they try to make it to the playoffs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/20/nate-burleson-feels-ready-to-return/

I don't want him to come back to early so if he needs to take off this Sunday against the Bucs and then Thanksgiving against the Packers I'd rather him do that. But it'll be nice finally seeing a decent, consistent number 2 opposite of Megatron.

effzee

This guy was such a good pickup for us. Interesting dude, too.

Yeah I love that even if he doesn't get to the QB he jumps right up to tip the passes. He is no Watt but you can see a similarity in what he tries to accomplish. Demeco Ryans also picking up and excelling in the 3-4 has helped a lot to improve the D.

Why are the Jets so eager to bench Geno? You spent the 2nd round pick on him and for better or worse you have to just ride with him to see if he is your guy. Benching him for Simms just would be counter productive for Geno and the franchise.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Edit: Crimson Dragon, Ryse and Forza having tons of microtransactions is about right.

Are you being serious? Ryse while looking beautiful graphically but is everything thats wrong with blockbuster AAA games these days. Looks like a QTE love fest.

MS doesn't have to many first party franchises like they used to, but I'm afraid if Ryse is successful (which it probably will be) we'll see MS put 1st party resources to Ryse 2, Ryse 3 etc. Not a game I want to see turned into a franchise. =/

MS used to kick ass at the start of the 360 era last gen. Ever since Kinect came out they've gone downhill with there first party efforts compared to Sony.

Dragon

Banned
Why don't you go tell on me like you did with Snes?

You're not even worth that amount of effort.

Are you being serious? Ryse while looking beautiful graphically but is everything thats wrong with blockbuster AAA games these days. Looks like a QTE love fest.

MS doesn't have to many first party franchises like they used to, but I'm afraid if Ryse is successful (which it probably will be) we'll see MS put 1st party resources to Ryse 2, Ryse 3 etc. Not a game I want to see turned into a franchise. =/

MS used to kick ass at the start of the 360 era last gen. Ever since Kinect came out they've gone downhill with there first party efforts compared to Sony.

I think Ryse has a lot in common with something like Heavenly Sword honestly. Beautiful looking game with shallow gameplay. I just hate microtransactions in full price games. Rubs me the wrong way. Crimson Dragon looks like utter feces, but at least it's 20 bucks.

They didn't change any of that QTE shit from the first trailer? That looked lame as fuck. Color by numbers gameplay

Anybody gettine the new Zelda?

Hell yeah, most amped I've been in a game purchase in quite a while. Every time I see new screen shots in looks amazing. This game makes up for the super lack luster launch offerings by PS4 and I'd say XBO but I cancelled my XBO pre-order a week or two ago anyway. It really doesn't seem like it's going to be necessary to own both systems but XBO has one chance and her name is Halo 5. I really want 343 to save the series with this entry but Halo 4 was by far my least played entry in the series so this is pretty much their last chance. If this game doesn't really sell me, going to be hard to justify bothering with a XBO when there aren't any other exclusives I give a shit about. Actually, I'm interested in what Remedy does but if they did make an Alan Wake 2, it'd likely come to PC anyway.

Man, that Zelda XL looks pretty sexy. Oh well, there were enough good titles out to justify the purchase at the time and I got a great deal at BB of all places so I don't regret it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think Ryse has a lot in common with something like Heavenly Sword honestly. Beautiful looking game with shallow gameplay. I just hate microtransactions in full price games. Rubs me the wrong way. Crimson Dragon looks like utter feces, but at least it's 20 bucks.

Yeah, Heavenly Sword is a good comparison. Are there going to be microtransactions with the games you mentioned though?

I hope Crimson Dragon is good. Made by the same dude who made Panzer Dragoon Orta, my second favorite rail shooter of all time behind Star Fox 64.

They didn't change any of that QTE shit from the first trailer? That looked lame as fuck. Color by numbers gameplay

I heard they toned it down a bit, but its still a prevalent part of the gameplay. Everything about the game screams generic to me, but since its a launch title it'll probably sell well unfortunately.

However out of all the launch games between PS4 and XBO, Dead Rising 3 looks like the game I'd personally enjoy the most. I loved the first Dead Rising, never got to try DR2 though.

Conditions for me to get the new Zelda

1. No waggle
2. Fix the fucking pacing. It shouldn't take me multiple hours to get into the first dungeon
3. Lunchbox's dad buys me a WiiU

jakncoke

Banned
You're not even worth that amount of effort.

Heavenly Sword was so fun, Kai was a weird little girl that made me lol. Shame we'll never see more HS

squicken

Why isn't Freeman starting in Minnesota? Why pay a guy that money to see if he can be the QB of the future, rush him out, and then not play him after he learns the offense?

QTE's are pathetic. Uncharted is filled with them and when I played it after being out of gaming for a while I was surprised it was universally revered. Is The Last of Us as QTE heavy?

AJ McCarron best ever? Wut da heyl? The greatest game manager of our generation.

Clearly you havent been following the game. They have totally taken the button prompts out and the only reason they popped up like the did during E3 was due to them playing it in easy mode. Read any recent preview/review of Ryse the combat is basically like the Batman games. It is not a QTE fest at all.

I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say MS doesnt have to many first party franchises anymore. The have spent over a $1B opening up new studios for this upcoming gen. The XB1 is going to have a ton of exclusive games, MS is just usually better about not hyping them up several years in advance.

Why isn't Freeman starting in Minnesota? Why pay a guy that money to see if he can be the QB of the future, rush him out, and then not play him after he learns the offense?

He got a concussion and they are sticking with ponder because he won.
I would love if freeman started Sunday

If the reports are to be believed when they signed Freeman Frasier was against the move and didnt want him.

Bowser

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/anythingispossible_zps3797e4af.png[IMG]

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!![/QUOTE]

Panthers sweeping the Saints but losing to the Falcons at home?

I guess you're saying we'd rest everyone cause we'd have a bye locked up at that point?

11 straight wins and a sweep of the Saints seems improbable, but would be fucking awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Panthers sweeping the Saints but losing to the Falcons at home?

I guess you're saying we'd rest everyone cause we'd have a bye locked up at that point?

11 straight wins and a sweep of the Saints seems improbable, but would be fucking awesome.

Gotta believeland!

I didn't put much thought into this I just checked off teams each week without looking at the standings until week 17.

Narag

Since Ez was incognito'd , can kayotix be interim king of packers-gaf? I only ask in the hopes of someone shopping a jughead jones crown into his McCarthy av.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Clearly you havent been following the game. They have totally taken the button prompts out and the only reason they popped up like the did during E3 was due to them playing it in easy mode. Read any recent preview/review of Ryse the combat is basically like the Batman games. It is not a QTE fest at all. .

I heard about them taking out the button prompts but the fact it had that many to begin with leads me to believe it'll still be a major factor in the gameplay. We'll see when the reviews come out.

I also have no idea what you are talking about when you say MS doesnt have to many first party franchises anymore. The have spent over a $1B opening up new studios for this upcoming gen. The XB1 is going to have a ton of exclusive games, MS is just usually better about not hyping them up several years in advance

At the start of last gen MS was putting out quality first party published games like Gears of War, Halo, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Fable, Lost Odysee and others.

Since Kinect launched they've focused most of there first party efforts on garbage Kinect games that gamers don't like.

Just look at the output of Microsoft published games past 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by_Microsoft_Studios#Xbox_360

2010:

Alan Wake
Borderlands (Japan Only)
Crackdown 2
Fable III
Halo: Reach
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Joy Ride
Lips: I Love the 80's (Europe Only)
Lips: Party Classics

2011:

Dance Central 2
Forza Motorsport 4
Gears of War 3
The Gunstringer
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Kinect Sports: Season Two
Xbox 360 Triple Pack

2012:

Dance Central 3
Fable: The Journey
Forza Horizon
Halo 4
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
Kinect Sesame Street TV
Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
Kinect Star Wars
Nike+ Kinect Training

2013:

Gears of War: Judgment
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Zoo Tycoon

I'm sure they've been opening up studios they;re just investing most of there money in garbage Kinect titles, and there releases since 2010 prove this. I think Xbox Live is far better than PSN as an online service, and the 360/One controller is the best in gaming history. I want to like the Xbox One but I will not support MS's attempt to dumb down the gaming market with garbage Kinect titles.

The fact they're forcing gamers to buy a Kinect at launch shows me they're going to continue the trend of Kinect focused titles.

Obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaN267lI_Y

Since Ez was incognito'd , can kayotix be interim king of packers-gaf? I only ask in the hopes of someone shopping a jughead jones crown into his McCarthy av.

Greg or Buckethead for interim King of Packers GAF while ez is out. They're more diplomatic than say mastershake or kayotix.

Top Bottom