• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Milchjon

ku-xlarge.png

KaYotiX

Banned
Xbox Hype!! Gaming side is damn dangerous and full of idiots atm.

Packers win will make this weekend complete!!!!
please win green bay

Also I agree about Greg or Bucket about king of Packers-GaF, they were here way before I was. I am but a lowly jester to their grace among men

I heard about them taking out the button prompts but the fact it had that many to begin with leads me to believe it'll still be a major factor in the gameplay. We'll see when the reviews come out.

At the start of last gen MS was putting out quality first party published games like Gears of War, Halo, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Fable, Lost Odysee and others.

Since Kinect launched they've focused most of there first party efforts on garbage Kinect games that gamers don't like.

Just look at the output of Microsoft published games past 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by_Microsoft_Studios#Xbox_360

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

I'm sure they've been opening up studios they;re just investing most of there money in garbage Kinect titles, and there releases since 2010 prove this. I think Xbox Live is far better than PSN as an online service, and the 360/One controller is the best in gaming history. I want to like the Xbox One but I will not support MS's attempt to dumb down the gaming market with garbage Kinect titles.

The fact they're forcing gamers to buy a Kinect at launch shows me they're going to continue the trend of Kinect focused titles.

Obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaN267lI_Y

MS first party studios:

United States

343 Industries – Halo series
Connected Experiences – Responsible for cloud service on Xbox, servers and online features
Good Science Studio – Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Next generation fitness project - Original IP
Microsoft Studios – Los Angeles –Responsible for creating exclusive TV series on Xbox Live – Quantum Break TV series, Halo TV series
Microsoft Studios – Mobile Gaming – ilomilo
Microsoft Studios – Redmond Publishing – Overseeing and co-developing multiple projects in conjunction with third party development studios based in the Americas and Canada
Playful Learning – Next generation family project
Team Dakota – Project Spark
Turn 10 Studios – Forza Motorsport series
Twisted Pixel Games – The Gunstringer, LocoCycle, 'Splosion Man series
Xbox Live Productions – South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, South Park: Tenorman's Revenge, Avatar Kinect

Europe

Lionhead Studios – Fable series, Black & White series, Unannounced MMO-like New IP - (2 team studio - unannounced next generation title)
Lift London – Multiple AAA Cloud Based gaming projects (4+)
Microsoft Studios – EMEA Publishing – Overseeing and co-developing multiple projects in conjunction with third party development studios based in Europe, Middle East and Asia regions
Press Play – Max: The Curse of Brotherhood[27]
Rare Ltd. – Banjo-Kazooie series, Viva Piñata series, Perfect Dark series, Conker series, Killer Instinct series, Kameo: Elements of Power, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Jetpac series, Kinect Sports series- (3 team studio - Concurrent development of various titles)
Soho Productions – Kinect Sesame Street TV

Canada

BigPark – Joy Ride series, Kinect Sports: Season Two
Black Tusk Studios – Untitled Stealth Game - (an unannounced next generation title)
Microsoft Studios Victoria – Untitled Core Project

Asia

Microsoft Studios Osaka - Unannounced Projects
Looks like 4 of them are making kinect games. MS is positioning kinect for UI and features like that way more then gaming lately. Hell they didnt show a single fucking kinect game at E3 this year. Also Gears of War was never MS first party.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
bills losing 4 straight super bowls is just crazy. Wonder what the mood of the group was going into the fourth one.
Also i recently found out that Seattle was robbed of a super bowl. Damn
I was going to pull up an old post of mine about that superbowl, but for some reason I apparently didn't make any posts in the SB XL GAF thread. I did, however, dig up a bunch of old Madden PS2 talk.

Good times. Too bad being a dirty poor got in the way when the new consoles came out. :(

bills losing 4 straight super bowls is just crazy. Wonder what the mood of the group was going into the fourth one.
Also i recently found out that Seattle was robbed of a super bowl. Damn

I don't know what the mood of the team was, but mine was basically "Oh god please god not again why us god WHY?"

Banned, and according to Seda for a significant amount of time. No one knows why exactly, though.

You really think that's it?

Well Seda said it wasnt for anything in the DR3 thread and I looked at his post history and there was nothing there. I cant imagine what else it could have been.

jakncoke

Banned
Did something in Ryse change with the QTEs? Not exactly sure how it relates to HS. HS had QTEs and all, but the core gameplay was like God of War

Im not one to ask because I havent followed the game. But I did watch about 20 minutes of polygon stream. There didnt seem to be any QTE, only think I noticed you had to push some button to start a ultimate kill sequence but you only had to do it once, you didnt have to do it for every enemy. Ryse is really nothing like god of war or HS from my viewing. Some roman setting janky hack and slash game. If i had a Xbone id wait till it was 20 or less

Also whoever is playing now, is terrible at Forza

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ed Reed sounds like a douche. dude got 5.4 mil for like 13 tackles. He's washed up, he should be thankful that some team out there was stupid enough to pay him more than veteran minimum.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Looks like 4 of them are making kinect games. MS is positioning kinect for UI and features like that way more then gaming lately. Hell they didnt show a single fucking kinect game at E3 this year. Also Gears of War was never MS first party.

I understand that they have a lot of studios working for them, but that doesn't change the fact that MS is pushing the Kinect hard as a gaming device, and UI features like you mentioned. But if you look at their history the last three years most of MS's first party efforts have been Kinect related. Just look at the releases.

I see a lot of unannounced titles and projects with names like "Next generation family project" or "Next generation fitness project - Original IP". That doesn't look good IMO.

I'd love to be wrong on this because I LOVED my 360 and played it more than any console by far last gen, but they have not been the same since Kinect came out. Making the Kinect mandatory tells me they're going to put a lot of resources into development for that and if thats the case I'll just go with PS4, despite PSN and the controller being inferior for multiplayer gaming.

Gears of War was first party published, and advertising was done by MS IIRC.

effzee

Ed Reed sounds like a douche. dude got 5.4 mil for like 13 tackles. He's washed up, he should be thankful that some team out there was stupid enough to pay him more than veteran minimum.

Did he say something new? Or just what he said initially when he left Houston?

MechDX

At least he admits that Wade ws not even talked to before he signed. Bad Uncle Bob! Bad!

Tom Penny

He had 3 tackles for the Jets. Much higher rate. Texans didn't know how to use him.

MechDX

Did he say something new? Or just what he said initially when he left Houston?

What I got from twitter:

Did not get along with Wade
Questioned his playcalling
Says a lot of Texans players don't fit system
Wade only spoke to him to make sure his locker was empty
Says he should have just retired
Admitted only Jets called after release

Greg

Greg or Buckethead for interim King of Packers GAF while ez is out. They're more diplomatic than say mastershake or kayotix.
Xbox Hype!! Gaming side is damn dangerous and full of idiots atm.

Packers win will make this weekend complete!!!!
please win green bay

Also I agree about Greg or Bucket about king of Packers-GaF, they were here way before I was. I am but a lowly jester to their grace among men
I'm only here to make stupid jokes and type :jnc a lot

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ed Reed sounds like a whiny bitch who is trying to blame other people instead of taking responsibility for his own suckiness.

I think it was either DX, Matrix or Miguel who said everytime Ed was on the field he would get burned and it was as good as having no one out there to being with.

With a bit of work, came up with best playoff scenario

Glover Quin didn't practice today. That'll hurt the Lions pass defense even more, considering his replacement was pretty much awful versus the Steelers. Also ironic that he gets hurt yet Louis Delmas is still fine.

I just found out today that Glover Quin has been in a walking boot since Week 4. =/

When Glover Quin came out in a walking boot during Wednesday's practice, it raised a red flag, but the Detroit Lions safety said he's been wearing the device since originally injuring his ankle in Week 4.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/11/glover_quin_has_been_wearing_w.html

Have no idea how the guy has been playing to begin with.

Official that McGloin is starting again this week vs Titans.

PFF put out an interesting stat; McGloin on average only held the ball for 2.5 seconds, 5th lowest in the league compared to Pryor who averages 3.5 seconds, which is the longest in the league. Small sample, but still pretty impressive and it greatly helped out the o-line who only surrendered 2 sacks to JJ Watt and company.

Chargers, Colts, or Broncos can easily beat the Chefs at least one MRE time. As the Chargers beat the Chiefs twice and easily last year. Truth bomb biiitch!!

Raiders will beat them in OAK.

Per someone here's suggestion, I was looking into a Mac Mini for a new family PC. I think it looks good, anyone here have any opinions or experience with it? I'm looking for a simple family PC, not gaming.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Per someone here's suggestion, I was looking into a Mac Mini for a new family PC. I think it looks good, anyone here have any opinions or experience with it? I'm looking for a simple family PC, not gaming.
Fantastic piece of hardware. Don't be shy with RAM, though, and mass storage can be done externally.

I have a 2009 Mac Mini, but they've completely changed the design since then.

Top Bottom