• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

MechDX

I believe in the Falcons! Texans getting that first pick and trading it and Schuab to the Browns for both their first round selections!

Suck it Kave!

squicken

So many unknowns. If somehow Sumlin comes in I don't see him keeping Case. Why put that extra pressure on yourself? Sumlin + Keenum = Texans fans wanting immediate Superbowl. Read Sumlin wants to stay in Texas if he goes anywhere and supposedly turned down the Eagles last season before they hired Kelly for that reason. Seems like he is available if McNair wants him.

Here though. Check out these two rock stars:

Matt-Stafford-and-Kid-Rock-300x261.jpg

I don't get why our beloved Lions don't hype up Madonna more. She's from Michigan too.

As far as Sumlin, he definitely interviewed for the Eagles job. He says he turned it down, but who knows? They always were targeting Kelly. I think he has a wandering eye, and it is the perfect time to leave. Some CFB coaches are bad fits for the pros, but I think he would be good. Just have to wonder if McNair would want to piss off all the Aggies by taking their coach

Tom Penny

There probably hasn't been a more underacheiving team than the Texans in the last decade than this years team. The talent to win ratio is pathetic. Maybe the Eagles superteam were none of the piece worked together.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There probably hasn't been a more underacheiving team than the Texans in the last decade than this years team. The talent to win ratio is pathetic. Maybe the Eagles superteam were none of the piece worked together.
Panthers would have been close if Rivera hadn't levelled up in time.

squicken

The Oilers of the late 80s and early 90s were the same. Ditto for the Astros with Biggio and Bagwell. Howard and Harden look on track to fulfill their destiny. It's our thing

Bowser

After becoming the only quarterback outside of Eli Manning to throw a go-ahead touchdown against a Bill Belichick-coached New England team in the final minute, after his signature NFL moment in front of a "Monday Night Football" audience, the Carolina Panthers' franchise player went to one of the most greasy late-night hangouts in the South.

"I went to Waffle House,'' Newton said Wednesday, two days after the 24-20 victory over the Patriots extended Carolina's winning streak to six games. "Popped orange juices.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pa.../respect-a-qb-that-celebrates-at-waffle-house

What a guy

Bowser

Still waiting for some appreciation for the Pats avatar we endured for your victory. Now we are going after the Lions. Sooner or later we start eye balling the Seahawks. Panthers to be #1 seed confirmed.

ZDyU4.gif

Thank you, thank you for your kind and brave service to the cause.

Cam went to Waffle house? Cant even be mad anymore.

"I order scrambled eggs, hash browns and cheese grits in one bowl with a light waffle ... extremely light waffle,'' said Newton, who will talk about what he had to eat but not look past this week's game against Miami at the playoffs or postseason honors. "Ah, man, to die for.''

An "extremely light waffle" lol wtf

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Still waiting for some appreciation for the Pats avatar we endured for your victory. Now we are going after the Lions. Sooner or later we start eye balling the Seahawks. Panthers to be #1 seed confirmed.
Seahawks are immune to curses. They even made the playoffs in 2006 after losing the superbowl.

If they fall, it'll be for prosaic reasons!

MechDX

Seahawks are immune to curses. They even made the playoffs in 2006 after losing the superbowl.

Never under estimate the Houston Sports Curse! Its power knows no bounds!

Only person ever overcome the curse was Hakeem Olajuwan. To not be affected you must find some connection between the Seahawks and The Dream

EDIT #2: You are double cursed! Isnt Warren Moon the Seahawks color guy on the radio?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh right, they lost the superbowl and had Shaun Alexander on the cover of Madden! By all rights they should have cratered in 2006.

But if you want to point to a real reason for their slope downward since 2005, then you only need two words: poison pill.

rando14

Oh right, they lost the superbowl and had Shaun Alexander on the cover of Madden! By all rights they should have cratered in 2006.

But if you want to point to a real reason for their slope downward since 2005, then you only need two words: poison pill.

HUTCH NOOOO :(

rando14

Why would you want to curse seattle Mech? Our loser city hasn't won anything in recent history outside of a WNBA title but that doesn't even count!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Never under estimate the Houston Sports Curse! Its power knows no bounds!

Only person ever overcome the curse was Hakeem Olajuwan. To not be affected you must find some connection between the Seahawks and The Dream

EDIT #2: You are double cursed! Isnt Warren Moon the Seahawks color guy on the radio?

Your curse is shit!

Bowser

Really great article by FO discussing Kap and Cam's development and read progressions: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-kaepernick-newton

Interesting note in that it seems more like Harbaugh/Roman "handcuffing" Kap's development:

Jim Harbaugh seemingly preaches ball security with all of his quarterbacks, because Kaepernick and Alex Smith make very similar decisions consistently. The risk-reward balance on a given throw for both quarterbacks is always adjusted to avoid as much risk as possible. This keeps the turnover ratio down, but it also hurts the offense since many opportunities to move the ball are missed.

That was a bullshit "curse" that was only in play for like 5 or 6 years. The '98 Packers made the playoffs after losing the '97 SB. The '97 Pats* made the playoffs after losing the '96 SB and the '96 Steelers made the playoffs after losing the '95 SB.

Miguel

Has nothing to do with anything except to make myself feel better about 2-8...

I wish we could play the Bears and Dolphins every game of every season.

Combined 10-0 record against them.

People are assholes. There is no reason at all to hate the Eagles.

pKFc4ls.gif

You're the main reason why I dislike the Eagles and the entire state of Pennsylvania. I enjoy it when they fail, I just don't get as hot and bothered as you do when the Pats lose compared to how I feel when the Eagles lose.

Also, I Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are overrated, Rocky bribed the judges and was clearly on steroids and it's not always Sunny in Philadelphia.

<3

Wilson avoids turnovers too, but has no problem keeping his passer rating and YPA up!

Wussle chucks up a few jump balls a game and his receivers almost always bail him out. Take a look at kap throwing a jump ball to Jon Baldwin last week and what happens? Baldwin can't even locate the ball and it hits right at his feet coming down. Horrible

Top Bottom